2013 Update From Ben
Ben Higgins
Jan 7 2013, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be stepping down as a GMC Instructor for the foreseeable future. I'm not leaving the GMC community, just taking a back seat on the former activities of an instructor.

I don't want you guys to worry, nothing bad has happened ! smile.gif The recent months have taken their toll with The Reckoning album, teaching and various everyday realities of life which I'm sure is something you guys can appreciate. Even Donut Masters like me have their human limits laugh.gif So I'll be taking an indefinite break to pursue other things, which I most definitely need as I feel like I can't give you the attention and commitment you deserve and it would be unfair to continue if I've got nothing to give you guys.

I'll still be around on the forum, albeit on a more casual basis and let's face it - someone still needs to tease Gitarrero ! So don't think of me as 'leaving'.. I'll still be here, just leaving my Temple open for some of you young pretenders to seize my throne whilst I'm out exploring the mountain and finding rare donuts wink.gif

I know some of you will be upset about no more of my video chats but you've still got my lesson notes archive and I know you guys haven't got your fingers around all of these ideas yet. I know who you are ph34r.gif So, there's always some Tasks to be done and I'll always be watching !!

Right, thanks for reading.

Gitarrero, H4H.. 500 push ups now ! Quenzoz, 250 push ups just for thinking about Bacon.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
PosterBoy
Jan 7 2013, 10:52 AM
Learning Roadie
ohmy.gif sad.gif

It won't be the same without you. But you have left much material for us to master.

I guess it's a case of GMC was meant to be a means for you to help you work on The Reckoning, and it took over in terms of time and energy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
BTrian
Jan 7 2013, 11:26 AM
Learning Roadie
oh noeeees unsure.gif
is bushido closing, too?

however good luck with whatever you do.
and I'm sure there will still appear plenty of random "just found this in the internet" topics biggrin.gif

May the Donut be with you

This post has been edited by BTrian: Jan 7 2013, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jan 7 2013, 11:44 AM
GMC:er
Wish you all the best in whatever you'll be doing..besides eatin.. wink.gif

Thx for doing an outstanding job here!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 7 2013, 11:54 AM
Nooo what do I have to do now on my tuesday evenings sad.gif
But I understand biggrin.gif Just leave the pink cup with us smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 7 2013, 12:22 PM
GMC Founder
It shure took me a while for this took sink in... sad.gif I can't do more then whish you luck - you know you will always be welcome back as an insturctor here! Until then please stop by once in a while and keep us updated.

I will really be missing the daily inspiration coming from you. But knowing you, that energy will be channeled into something new and cool for sure!

Thanks for everything - you have done a fantastic job here! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 7 2013, 12:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
coming up on 5 years at GMC , I understand this is the way it is , still sad to see you leave,but the body of work you have left behind was just amazing. you really surprised me with just how your lessons never grew dull.
You will be missed and after all , you were my first wub.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 7 2013, 12:48 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Wow Ben, I just came back yesterday and today you are leaving! ohmy.gif Well bro, you have been an immense help and I thank you very much for it. To say you will be missed is an understatement. sad.gif God bless ya Ben! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 7 2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Damn you Ben, My account just got renewed today.. sad.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 7 2013, 01:03 PM
this can´t be true!!! mad.gif
although I never find the time to attend the video workshops I am addicted to your lesson.....
and you made the best lesson ever!!!!!! (30 shredders i one solo!)
And I was really proud to tell everybody that the incredible guitar player in the reckoning is one of my teachers.......
but as person who reaches the age of 40 in a month I understand what it means to have a life full of differnt tasks and obligations and that you have to make decisions and step back in some cases to keep your life healthy and satisfactoring.

Thanx for the huge ammount of inspiration you gave me through your lessons!!!

this week the good news at gmc have somehow still not arrived in2013! blink.gif
First the mentoring programm of Alex Feather ended and now its Ben stopping being an instructor.......
please, nor more bad news!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 7 2013, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
no. I dont like change ohmy.gif

Best wishes with your pursuits though mate. you're an awesome instructor and musician Im sure you'll kick ass with whatever you take on.
The few collabs of yours which I managed to join were an absolute blast and its good to hear that you'll still be around the board cause I would genuinely miss reading your posts.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 7 2013, 02:08 PM
Tone Seeker

manly tears were shed

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Hey Ben! I'm very sorry of knowing this news that have a sad side but also a very positive side that means that you keep on moving and growing as a musician. You did a killer job here at the site and you shared a lot of your amazing knowledge.
Thanks for all and all the best in your musical career and life!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 7 2013, 02:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
OH NO!! ohmy.gif

Sorry to see you leaving us! You did a fantastic job here at GMC. Your lessons are always great and fun to work on!
All the best of luck for your future projects and goals, and hopefully we'll still see you around sometimes in the forums!

Also, Who's going to start all the Random/Food related Forum topics!!?? smile.gif

Best of Luck

Tim

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 7 2013, 02:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
HEY BEN ,

it is the right decision when you recognized the next GATE ,

YOU go through it and this is TUFF (MUTIG STARK biggrin.gif ) and you are a WARIER on his WAY and this can be only the RIGHT ONE!

Zenzai i keep on watching You OUSS !

WISH YOU ALL THE ENERGY YOU NEED

Dieter

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 7 2013, 02:49 PM
Apprentice Roadie
That is GREAT! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 7 2013, 08:08 AM) *

manly tears were shed

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 7 2013, 03:31 PM
Best luck with The Reckoning, friend!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 7 2013, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am speachless..

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 7 2013, 04:11 PM
BALLS! huh.gif

Hmm, guess I won't be making it to that next collab of yours after all. biggrin.gif

Best of luck on your other endeavors sir! cool.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 7 2013, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
OH NO NO!! ohmy.gif Well your leaving a legacy here mate. Thanks a heap for your effort here Ben.
I've really enjoyed taking part in your Bushido lessons they have helped me heaps. Bushido was like a box of chocolates you never knew what you where going to get.
I will miss eating donuts with you smile.gif on the mountain. Wish you the best for the future mate.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 AM