4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Gmc Christmas & New Year Collab!
Phil66
Jan 2 2020, 08:40 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks buddy

I think it's not just about speed. I have an example solo in my head but can't think who plays it. It's kinda like eight notes at a time getting faster each time and the a bit crescendo.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 etc

Or

1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 etc

It wouldn't work being that big in this project but it's more about the idea of building solo speed gradually over a static backing.

It's probably far too advanced for me at the moment and because I don't actually know what's being done, it's hard to explain. I hope I can find an example and/or remember who played the one in my head. Maybe we could have some lessons at least levels covering the basics, maybe there are some but I'm fully booked with my time at them moment so it's for the future, for me anyway wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 2 2020, 07:15 AM) *
The easy answer is to simply start slow and then ramp up the speed of your licks. Of course this means playing sometimes at double the speed that you were playing during the slow bit. This will tangle your fingers up until you get used to it. Try to ram up speed in a small burst then go back to the regular speed.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2020, 03:31 AM
GMC:er
It's more about "building" speed. You mentioned building up during a slow backing. the trick is to find the right timing to shift between slow and fast. Either way to play a fast passage, one does have to play or sound like one is playing faster which just means more notes in the bar than in the last bar. One can do it by tapping, adding open strings, etc My five note per string tapping techniqe, that weve worked on, is a good example. You can play it at the same relative speed, but sincethere are more notes in the same bar it sounds much faster since it make use of an openstring that you don't have to strike. Hope this makes sense.
Here is an example. I'm playing pretty slow, lots of 8th notes some slow during the bendy bits. Then I speeed it up at the end. Is this what you are talking about? If not share a vid or two if Im just missing it smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2020, 03:40 AM) *
Thanks buddy

I think it's not just about speed. I have an example solo in my head but can't think who plays it. It's kinda like eight notes at a time getting faster each time and the a bit crescendo.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 etc

Or

1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 etc

It wouldn't work being that big in this project but it's more about the idea of building solo speed gradually over a static backing.

It's probably far too advanced for me at the moment and because I don't actually know what's being done, it's hard to explain. I hope I can find an example and/or remember who played the one in my head. Maybe we could have some lessons at least levels covering the basics, maybe there are some but I'm fully booked with my time at them moment so it's for the future, for me anyway wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 3 2020, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2020, 02:03 PM
That's very similar to what I have in mind, that very last run is kinda in reverse of what I'm thinking. I don't have it to hand, I'll check later but the example solo I'm thinking could be Jake E Lee from the Bark At The Moon album. Hopefully when I find it it's how I remember it laugh.gif

Should this discussion be taken out of this thread and continued elsewhere?

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:

This is similar to what is in my head, https://youtu.be/F89-MOy7Xfg?t=151 if you listen, at the 2:38 point Jake E seems to accelerate to a climax. Obviously this wouldn't fit in this backing, but I felt the urge to do a run to blend up to a higher register but my knowledge and skills aren't there yet. That's why i said for future learning I just didn't know what it's called to search for in the lessons when I fancy having a go.

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 3 2020, 10:00 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2020, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rids @ Jan 1 2020, 03:07 PM) *
Happy New Year to all!

Nice backing track.

My take

That's beautiful!! Thanks for your take mate!! Happy new year!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rids
Jan 3 2020, 04:25 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 3 2020, 03:23 PM) *
That's beautiful!! Thanks for your take mate!! Happy new year!!

Thanks my friend.
You 've made my day!

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 4 2020, 12:25 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll record something this weekend. I've spent all day getting my new interface to work and I'm really tired now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2020, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rids @ Jan 3 2020, 12:25 PM) *
Thanks my friend.
You 've made my day!

smile.gif

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 3 2020, 08:25 PM) *
I'll record something this weekend. I've spent all day getting my new interface to work and I'm really tired now.

Hi Adam! This sounds GREAT!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 7 2020, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Happy New Year!

Sorry for the delay, It was a crazy New Year's Eve... I've almost broken my left hand finger and I barely can move it, but somehow I've managed smile.gif

Here is my take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8CZMc6Q5A...eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by Piotr Kaczor: Jan 22 2020, 10:53 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Piotr_no_BT.mp3 ( 2.24MB ) Number of downloads: 100
Attached File  Piotr_w_BT.mp3 ( 2.25MB ) Number of downloads: 92

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2020, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Wou!! That's awesome Piotr!!! It's a big honor to hear your take over my backing!!

I love every phrase and note. You rock.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Jan 7 2020, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2020, 06:05 PM) *

+1

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 7 2020, 09:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2020, 07:05 PM) *
Wou!! That's awesome Piotr!!! It's a big honor to hear your take over my backing!!

Thanks Gabriel, you are very kind as always.

Even a few sloppy notes sound cool over the great backing track - that's the point! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 7 2020, 10:05 PM
Well I don't think I can come up with anything for this backing Gab, I've spent my whole session trying to get inspired but this is the best I got, it's not what's in my head at all but it won't get to my fingers laugh.gif Please excuse the fret buzz, I was getting tense and picking hard rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/christmas-2019-take-2

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 7 2020, 10:06 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2020, 12:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 7 2020, 10:05 PM) *
Well I don't think I can come up with anything for this backing Gab, I've spent my whole session trying to get inspired but this is the best I got, it's not what's in my head at all but it won't get to my fingers laugh.gif Please excuse the fret buzz, I was getting tense and picking hard rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Lovely bluesification of a classic theme there Phil - very well done! Your tone is also spot on!!

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jan 7 2020, 06:24 PM) *
Happy New Year!

Sorry for the delay, It was a crazy New Year's Eve... I've almost broken my left hand finger and I barely can move it, but somehow I've managed smile.gif

Here is my take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8CZMc6Q5A...eature=youtu.be

Yeah Piotr - you totally nailed it!

I was inspired by your take when recording mine:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 8 2020, 06:02 PM
Learning Roadie

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Christmas_part_1c.mp3 ( 650.04K ) Number of downloads: 71
Attached File  Christmas_part_1d.mp3 ( 650.04K ) Number of downloads: 60
Attached File  Christmas_Part_2c.mp3 ( 334.74K ) Number of downloads: 58
Attached File  Christmas_Part_2d.mp3 ( 334.74K ) Number of downloads: 65

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 8 2020, 09:01 PM
Thanks Kris, much appreciated, you're obviously hearing things that I'm not wink.gif I'll work a bit more on it and make a take at the weekend if that's okay? The tone is my SRV Strat through some Jazz patch I modified called Blues Up Fusioneer in TH-U wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 8 2020, 10:05 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2020, 10:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Rids @ Jan 1 2020, 07:07 PM) *
Happy New Year to all!

Nice backing track.

My take

Missed this one, very nice melodic lines mate 😊👍🏼

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rids
Jan 9 2020, 09:01 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 8 2020, 09:44 PM) *
Missed this one, very nice melodic lines mate 😊👍🏼

Thanks for the nice comment Kris.
Your take is amazing by the way, very tasty licks.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2020, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 7 2020, 06:05 PM) *

Cheers

I like it Phil!!! That's very tasty. I always enjoy your melodic solos. Go for the vid!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2020, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 8 2020, 08:28 AM) *
Lovely bluesification of a classic theme there Phil - very well done! Your tone is also spot on!!

Yeah Piotr - you totally nailed it!

I was inspired by your take when recording mine:

Beautiful playing Kris!! I love your tone, and those final chords. smile.gif

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 8 2020, 02:02 PM) *

Nice take Adam!! Great to have you in this one!! Thanks a lot!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 9 2020, 10:01 PM
Okay, here is my take, I lost some of the essence of the last one which is why I don't like doing too many takes but it is what it is. If you want me to do it again, just let me know wink.gif

https://youtu.be/SiAhGw7dHOQ

Here are the files https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap09zsLCowi5iLdGj5X...Qm7nAA?e=HBN3xH

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:35 AM