MountainThistle
Jun 3 2014, 03:12 PM
GMC:er
Hello,

Do you know any Rock Music Institutions which provide:
- full-time rock music education
- zero entrance level
- individual approach?

Please, write me about any ROCK schools, academies and institutions you've ever heard. Price and location doesnt matter.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 3 2014, 03:51 PM
The only ones I know of don't have a Zero Entrance Level. Most will have some kind of Exam to get onto their Full Time Courses. A lot of them run Part Time courses to get up to Entrance Level.
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2014, 05:33 PM
Instructor
What about GMC? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Romko
Jun 3 2014, 07:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 3 2014, 04:33 PM) *
What about GMC? biggrin.gif

I'm ready. Where to begin? A separate fee for individual course?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2014, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Romko @ Jun 3 2014, 03:01 PM) *
I'm ready. Where to begin? A separate fee for individual course?

There is no extra fee. I'm writing right now a PM with more info. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 3 2014, 10:43 PM
I know Berklee has summer courses and if the entrance level is low they force the student to take the course and then enters the academic program.

Not sure about education details though, I mean it jazz theory etc. but this is a universal language. Ensemble's also shouldn't be a problem. Musicians institute could also be investigated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2014, 11:33 PM
Well, your best bet might be the MUSICIANS INSTITUTES. It's a private school and if you can afford the tuition, and have a genuine interest in music, then your good to go smile.gif They do give some type of testing on entrance but that's just to find out which classes to place you in.

http://www.mi.edu/

You could always join the mentorship programs here @ GMC smile.gif I have suggested a certificate program of some kind in the past, but we don't have it here yet. Maybe someday smile.gif

QUOTE (MountainThistle @ Jun 3 2014, 10:12 AM) *
Hello,

- zero entrance level
- individual approach?

Please, write me about any ROCK schools, academies and institutions you've ever heard. Price and location doesnt matter.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2014, 09:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 3 2014, 10:33 PM) *
Well, your best bet might be the MUSICIANS INSTITUTES. It's a private school and if you can afford the tuition, and have a genuine interest in music, then your good to go smile.gif They do give some type of testing on entrance but that's just to find out which classes to place you in.

http://www.mi.edu/

You could always join the mentorship programs here @ GMC smile.gif I have suggested a certificate program of some kind in the past, but we don't have it here yet. Maybe someday smile.gif

I have a few books from MI and they are all REALLY good - I think that is a great sign about th quality of the courses. Are you interested in obtaining a degree of some sort or simply learning?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 4 2014, 09:02 AM
Learning Roadie
A certificate program sounds interesting.

It would take some organising to make it really structured I'm sure but all the information is probably here but might need some additional classroom type videos etc.

It could include written and practical assignments on theory and technique, fretboard knowledge and chord vocabulary with optional modules for different genres, composition etc

Actually you could probably just see how MI structure theirs and make something similar

It would certainly take GMC to the next level if done right, but I can understand the commitment and resources needed by Instructors and the website guys would also be taken to the next level too.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 4 2014, 11:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MountainThistle @ Jun 3 2014, 03:12 PM) *
Hello,

- zero entrance level
- individual approach?

Thanks

I think it is more set up like regular education
find a local teacher ,see if their is interest/ability.As often as people start and stop( in the early stages of guitar) ,schools would loose money paying a teacher for students that change their mind.This is were most higher learning starts to have good teachers and the student shows some ability to utilize their teaching.

might I ask who this scenario is for ?

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jun 4 2014, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 4 2014, 05:16 PM
MI is 'potentially' a great school to go to. I have several friends and colleagues who teach there.

You'll be best served if you have at least an intermediate level:

*Know your notes on the neck (at least the 6th, 5th and 1st strings),
*can read standard notation at least a little bit (quarter notes and eighth notes) *preferably at the fifth position,
*major, minor and dom 7th barre chords (maj7, min7, min9th, diminished, augmented, dom9th, 13th, alt. - even better),
*the modes of the major scale,
*can improv over a blues (major and minor) and a few other simple chord progressions,
*can play 'in time' with a backing track or other musician.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2014, 03:09 AM
This is a very good point. You can go to MI at nearly any level. However, if you go knowing pretty much zip, you'll spend a year in remedial music classes. sad.gif So knowing something in the way of theory will help you no matter where you go. Having a basic understanding of the core concepts in music theory will allow you dig in to more meaty courses and skip the "catch up" courses.

We have our very own Dr. Theory instructor here @ GMC smile.gif Mentoring under him would get you quite a ways ahead!

Here is a link to get you started with theory by THE PROFESSOR!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 4 2014, 12:16 PM) *
MI is 'potentially' a great school to go to. I have several friends and colleagues who teach there.

You'll be best served if you have at least an intermediate level:

*Know your notes on the neck (at least the 6th, 5th and 1st strings),
*can read standard notation at least a little bit (quarter notes and eighth notes) *preferably at the fifth position,
*major, minor and dom 7th barre chords (maj7, min7, min9th, diminished, augmented, dom9th, 13th, alt. - even better),
*the modes of the major scale,
*can improv over a blues (major and minor) and a few other simple chord progressions,
*can play 'in time' with a backing track or other musician.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2014, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Working with any of us instructors, is meant to provide guidance in this big database of amazing lessons. Knowing where to start and where to go to is always a good thing, so PM us and we'll get right to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2014, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2014, 04:27 AM) *
Working with any of us instructors, is meant to provide guidance in this big database of amazing lessons. Knowing where to start and where to go to is always a good thing, so PM us and we'll get right to it wink.gif

+1 I'm here ready to help you too. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 PM