Gibson Les Paul Tree Of Life
Jeff
Nov 13 2008, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
I have a potential problem guys. I have this beautiful Les Paul Custom shop guitar. There were only 100 ever of these hand made beauties. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one. These are the pictures of my guitar. Problem is, I may need to sell it and I'm hating life! ohmy.gif

Let me tell you, this thing is pure gold, man!

[attachment=11171:759154_Front.jpg]
[attachment=11172:759154.jpg]

Here is a PDF file describing it: [attachment=11173:treeoflife.pdf]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JVM
Nov 13 2008, 10:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Why do you need to sell it? Please don't tongue.gif It's only going to increase in value anyway. Surely, you have something else to sell. Now is not a great time to sell guitars anyway, and especially since it's a gibson, like I said, it will increase in value over time.

AND, it's an awesome looking axe! Please don't sell it biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 13 2008, 10:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
beautiful guitar mate! you cant let this baby go

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Nov 13 2008, 10:46 PM
don't sell it!!!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 13 2008, 11:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That's a beauty, hope you don't have to sell it in the end!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 13 2008, 11:25 PM
I would sell my last pants first... still I could rock with this guitar bare naked ohmy.gif

Why would you sell it, what's the problem?

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif So beautiful! DON'T SELL IT! mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Nov 13 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
dont do it Jeff .you will regret if you sold it

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 13 2008, 11:43 PM
DON'T SELL IT!... give it to me, free of charge, and karma will repay you. No worries! biggrin.gif

Really, though, that is tragic. I'm actually not a huge fan of Les Pauls, but that is just breathtaking. Hopefully things work out some other way!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 14 2008, 12:11 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I agree with everyone...DON'T SELL IT!! But if you must...sell it to me!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 14 2008, 12:16 AM
Wow guys! thanks for the encouragement. I never expected this much response.

Ok I guess I will need to find another way to get my finances in order. I just figured that this would be easy to sell to help me out but I'll find another way.

The thing is with this guitar, I'm almost afraid to play it too. You know when you get that first scratch it's like "Awe man, no way" ohmy.gif . The other thing that takes getting used to is the enlay. Since there is a lot of it, sometimes it gets confusing. laugh.gif

OK I'll keep it as long as I can then.

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Nov 14 2008, 12:22 AM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 13 2008, 06:11 PM) *
I agree with everyone...DON'T SELL IT!! But if you must...sell it to me!

beat me to it!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Nov 14 2008, 12:28 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
QUOTE (Jeff @ Nov 14 2008, 12:16 AM) *
Wow guys! thanks for the encouragement. I never expected this much response.

Ok I guess I will need to find another way to get my finances in order. I just figured that this would be easy to sell to help me out but I'll find another way.

The thing is with this guitar, I'm almost afraid to play it too. You know when you get that first scratch it's like "Awe man, no way" ohmy.gif . The other thing that takes getting used to is the enlay. Since there is a lot of it, sometimes it gets confusing. laugh.gif

OK I'll keep it as long as I can then.

Great Idea, you can't sell this guitar man, you'll see in 10 years it will worth Real GOLD ! I know a guitar dealer, that's what he does .. he buy unique guitars like yours, he has a chamber full of them, and then 10 or 5 years later, he take it off and sell it, it's really easy to sell a guitar like this, but it's also hard to afford it !!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 14 2008, 12:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 13 2008, 05:43 PM) *
DON'T SELL IT!... give it to me, free of charge, and karma will repay you. No worries! biggrin.gif

tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Nov 14 2008, 10:16 AM
Learning Roadie
no.. please sell it.. to ME!!!!

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 14 2008, 10:44 AM
Instructor
The guitar looks great, I hope you'll find another way to solve the financial issue smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 14 2008, 11:30 AM
Instructor
It doesn't matter that you don't play this guitar often, this guitar has a value that will grow in time. If you have a car, it is better to sell a car - they only cost you money, and this guitar will only earn you money.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 14 2008, 11:36 AM
Wow. I don't know as much about guitars as you guys do, but that thing looks absolutely stunning.

Sorry if this seems bold, and you certainly don't have to answer - but how much did that thing cost you - or, at least, I'm more interested in; what was the shop value?

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Nov 14 2008, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 14 2008, 11:50 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 14 2008, 05:30 AM) *
It doesn't matter that you don't play this guitar often, this guitar has a value that will grow in time. If you have a car, it is better to sell a car - they only cost you money, and this guitar will only earn you money.

This is so true. And another reason that I remember purchasing it in the first place. As a matter of fact, I bet that collectible guitars have done better than the stock market has over several years.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a comparison.

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Nov 14 2008, 05:36 AM) *
Wow. I don't know as much about guitars as you guys do, but that thing looks absolutely stunning.

Sorry if this seems bold, and you certainly don't have to answer - but how much did that thing cost you?

Well, at the time that I got it, I got it for much less than guitar center and sweetwater was listing them for which was $6200. I got it for less than $6000. Yes, I know that is a lot, but I also know that the value has gone up. I have already made money on it, but in this economy, I would probably have to wait a little while to make anything if I needed to sell it. I really got it for a lifetime guitar to be honest. My mindset at the time was to see me having this forever so I could justify the price in my head in the long run. Even in the short term it is like having money in the bank.

Funny thing is, you can't play with money in the bank and the way I look at this particular guitar, sometimes I can't play it either cause I'm afraid. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Nov 14 2008, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (Jeff @ Nov 13 2008, 06:16 PM) *

I'd be terrified of playing something like that specifically for that reason. I can be hard on stuff, and I'd lose it if I dropped that or bumped the headstock on my low ceiling like I have iwth my other guitars.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:04 PM