2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How Firmly Do You Hold Your Pick?
Dejan Farkas
Aug 1 2010, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Loose enough not to lose strength on it, and firm enough not to drop it smile.gif

It is never the same, it varies on how hard you hit the strings

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 1 2010, 12:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
As firmly as you should treat your wife! xD Just kidding biggrin.gif I am experimenting with my pick. I keep it firm enough not to make any unwanted movements for maximum control, but I try to keep my wrist flexible so it doesn't affect my picking when changing strings etc. I think you could lean back into the bridge with your palm and beat the life juice out of your strings if you're doing tremolo picking, but I think the goal is to be able to relax AND get 100% control at the same time. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 2 2010, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
My fav picks which I recommend are:

Jazz III XL - Great all rounder with a shape and feel I just love to use, great control. I think this is perfect to use for whatever style of playing. Everyone should try one of these, I'm loving it!

The Screamer V-Pick - Most v-pick are so-so you have to find the one(s) you enjoy if going for them depending on your own style of playing and sometimes get use to using it. I didn't like the screamer at first, but get use to it and it has a interesting tone and attack style. Sounds better than the others I think.

The Shredder V-Pick - What i do like about v-pick is the loss feel, it relaxs your hand without the need of so much grip. This one is great for speed training while keeping your hand relaxed, its sharp so you are forced to play using the tip only or your'll hear about it! Very little movement required, I think it trained my picking hand correctly when going back to use other picks as well. You don't lost grip with v-picks.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 2 2010, 12:38 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:18 AM