My Vetta Head Showed Up!
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2012, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
I figured if it was good enough for MESHUGGAH it would be gainy enough for me smile.gif And guess what, IT IS! What a freakin beast! The neighbors have only called the cops once so far so good.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 06:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
How is that compared to a Line 6 Spider III head?

I'm actually looking at selling mine to try and get and ENGL or a Marshall.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Looks good Todd... we need to hear it now !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 25 2012, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 23 2012, 01:50 AM) *
How is that compared to a Line 6 Spider III head?

I'm actually looking at selling mine to try and get and ENGL or a Marshall.

It's a pretty big step above the SPIDER III. It's using their best DSP and much better DA Converters than they use on the Pod HD. When these were new they were crazy pricey. It's got an ENGL and MARSHALL emulation built in which is quite convincing but it's always cool to have a big ENGL logo on your amp!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 04:23 AM) *

Coming soon! Still making presets smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2012, 08:30 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 04:23 AM) *

Here is a track I'm working on with ALEXA that I"m using my new head for. I"m mixing some vst tracks with some VETTA HD tracks.

Attached File  Alexa_Song___Forever_Moon_Aug_6_.mp3 ( 2.68MB ) Number of downloads: 71

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
Congrats Todd! I am no Line 6 amps fan, but hey, if it does the work you need, it's a good buy, right?

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 7 2012, 11:55 AM
WOW Vetta!

Did SYmphony X's Michael Romeo used it back in a day?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 7 2012, 12:29 PM
haha todd , I was wondering how much equipment do you have in your room, do you even
have room to sleep tongue.gif, though I have to admit that it is killer !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 7 2012, 12:46 PM
Todd's got another house yo live in, this is just his small rehersal studio wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2012, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 7 2012, 03:35 AM) *
Congrats Todd! I am no Line 6 amps fan, but hey, if it does the work you need, it's a good buy, right?

Bingo smile.gif The price was right and if it's good enough for MESHUGGAH, it's good enough for me smile.gif The used these on tour a bit back before switching to AXE EFFECTS and didn't use guitar cabs! Just ran out of the head to the PA.

It's not a traditional design by any stretch as it's basically a pod with 200 watt amp, all emulation.

Todd

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 7 2012, 06:55 AM) *
WOW Vetta!

Did SYmphony X's Michael Romeo used it back in a day?

Yup! Good memory! I think He still has one.

QUOTE (snackajacks @ Aug 7 2012, 07:29 AM) *
haha todd , I was wondering how much equipment do you have in your room, do you even
have room to sleep tongue.gif, though I have to admit that it is killer !

My condo is my studio so I just put gear everywhere. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Had no clue Meshuggah used these smile.gif If it's good for them it must be good laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2012, 04:18 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 7 2012, 07:46 AM) *
Todd's got another house yo live in, this is just his small rehersal studio wink.gif

My whole place is a rehearsal/recording studio smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 8 2012, 05:00 AM) *
Had no clue Meshuggah used these smile.gif If it's good for them it must be good laugh.gif

Yup smile.gif Meshuggah toured with these and recorded with them until they later switched to AXE FX. Here is Ola Englund (The guy is everywhere it seems!) playing the actual VETTA HE BORROWED FROM MESHUGGAH! I"ve contacted him on Facebook and he confirmed that he got it from the band for review/testing/vid.

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 11 2012, 08:11 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 11 2012, 08:48 AM) *
My whole place is a rehearsal/recording studio smile.gif

ohmy.gif Really ??? How do the other folks in your house get around smile.gif

My folks don't let me play guitar amped dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2012, 08:14 AM
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 11 2012, 03:11 AM) *
ohmy.gif Really ??? How do the other folks in your house get around smile.gif

My folks don't let me play guitar amped dry.gif

It's a lot easier once you don't live with your folks smile.gif But it's a lot more expensive too!

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 11 2012, 08:21 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 11 2012, 12:44 PM) *
It's a lot easier once you don't live with your folks smile.gif But it's a lot more expensive too!

ohmy.gif You live all alone in your Grand Mansion ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2012, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Todd, why is Ola wearing an orange suit?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2012, 04:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 12 2012, 02:40 PM) *

Yeah... why not pink ?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2012, 10:56 PM
I"ve got a roomate to help off set the costs but yeah, once you move out of the house, things get PRICEY! But you can do whatever you like with the space smile.gif Like stuff it full of gear! The overflow sits in the main room which is not something you can pull off usually at home. Imagine it, "Hey mom can I put two guitar cabinets and and some rack gear in the family room? I"ve run out of space."

Todd

QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 11 2012, 03:21 AM) *
ohmy.gif You live all alone in your Grand Mansion ?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2012, 11:34 AM) *
Yeah... why not pink ?

Pink would be even better smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 12 2012, 09:40 AM) *

It was evidently his 'Xmas Suit" smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:13 PM