> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2020, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is a lot better! All the things that I've marked in the previous list are improved, except by the parts at 00:03, 00:25 and 00:29 that still need to sound tighter.

You can also work a bit more on those final bends in order to polish pitch and to make them sound smoother. Also, be sure to use the other fingers to help your third finger when doing vibrato.

Your progress is impressive make, congrats!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 16 2020, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 15 2020, 08:11 PM) *
Hi mate! This is a lot better! All the things that I've marked in the previous list are improved, except by the parts at 00:03, 00:25 and 00:29 that still need to sound tighter.

You can also work a bit more on those final bends in order to polish pitch and to make them sound smoother. Also, be sure to use the other fingers to help your third finger when doing vibrato.

Your progress is impressive make, congrats!

Hi Gabriel thanks,

the fast lick at 00:25 I was actually playing something different than the one in this lesson (taken from a tab, so I finish at the 8/8/8 on the E/B/G string), but I can try to play the same as in this lesson, slightly different sound, should not be an issue just need to get use to it

on the Vibrato and bends, i get it too your point, especially the 3 bend in a row i do not get them always perfect.

I have a question on the 00:03 and 00:29 (which is the same lick), any advice on what I'm doing wrong there or what I can do to make it sound tighter? it is pretty close when i listen to it, but I can hear there is something small missing, but not sure what actually.

cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2020, 10:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! The parts at 00:03, and 00:29 have two differences:

- The timing is not precise. I think that you can find it easier if you practice adding a 8th note metronome to be sure that you are playing the notes tight. Even the first note is imprecise.

One exercise that can help is to count 8th notes over the original lesson to see how the notes go with the tempo. Check this audio: Attached File  santana_count.mp3 ( 599.1K ) Number of downloads: 365

- The duration of notes is slightly different.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 17 2020, 12:23 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 16 2020, 09:19 PM) *
Hi Claudio! The parts at 00:03, and 00:29 have two differences:

- The timing is not precise. I think that you can find it easier if you practice adding a 8th note metronome to be sure that you are playing the notes tight. Even the first note is imprecise.

One exercise that can help is to count 8th notes over the original lesson to see how the notes go with the tempo. Check this audio: Attached File  santana_count.mp3 ( 599.1K ) Number of downloads: 365

- The duration of notes is slightly different.

Thanks so much!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2020, 02:47 PM
Instructor
You're welcome!! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 18 2020, 10:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel,

I have changed a couple of things. The last 3 notes before the vibrato on that fist lick are actually 16th notes which I was ignoring...What do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2020, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Now you are playing the phrase well. Nice to know that the feedback helped to understand it. Well done my friend!

You can not continue playing this one to add more feeling and to make those last part bends smoother, but you are very close. Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 21 2020, 02:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 19 2020, 06:25 PM) *
Excellent! Now you are playing the phrase well. Nice to know that the feedback helped to understand it. Well done my friend!

You can not continue playing this one to add more feeling and to make those last part bends smoother, but you are very close. Congrats!

thanks, feedback was super useful as usual. Will try to polish it with a bit more practice on the bends

Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2020, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Great!! Keep on the good job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 26 2020, 09:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel,
Here we go, what do you think?
Cheers,
Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2020, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Great! You just need to polish a bit that lick at 00:25, and when playing vibrato, try to focus the movement from your wrist. Also, when using your 3rd fingers, you can use 2 and maybe 1 pressing the frets too to help the one that is doing vibrato.

Your timing issues are now fixed. This take could also be shared at REC so you get some extra feedback from other instructors.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 26 2020, 09:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2020, 08:29 PM) *
Great! You just need to polish a bit that lick at 00:25, and when playing vibrato, try to focus the movement from your wrist. Also, when using your 3rd fingers, you can use 2 and maybe 1 pressing the frets too to help the one that is doing vibrato.

Your timing issues are now fixed. This take could also be shared at REC so you get some extra feedback from other instructors.

Thanks I’ll share now

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2020, 11:51 PM
Instructor
Great! The cool side of REC is that you receive many points of view so I always incentive students to share takes there frequently.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 27 2020, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks,
absolutely, feedbacks are always good. Came a long way since the first attmept, thanks again for your help!

I am now starting to get the Vibrato point that also Kris mentioned in his feedback, so i think i can definitively improve that by adding the 2nd finger and 1st and also moving the wrist/arm. Just need to focus on it, which so far i didn't. I have noticed it adds stability/controll, so will defiy add that and post a new attempt to get your thoughts at some point.

alongside practicing this one, I'm starting to think about the next lesson, got a few ideas i'll pass by you later

cheers

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2020, 10:51 PM) *
Great! The cool side of REC is that you receive many points of view so I always incentive students to share takes there frequently.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2020, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Great Claudio! Yes, that's how you can fix your vibrato issues. Use those fingers and practice.

I'll wait for your suggestions. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 28 2020, 01:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

there are so my nice lessons in here that is so difficult to choose!!!
ok so was thinking looking at these 4:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pop-Rock-Solo-Beginner/
a nice one, good mix of techniques

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/
a bluesy one, with quite bit of vibrato, a good one to give my vibrato a boost, + love BBking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla...loforbeginners/
this one is different, really like I and think it might be a good one to give my vibrato a boost

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...in-rock-lesson/
this one i really like, santana style, do you know the author? wink.gif (some parts are quite quick but i can probably get there with some practice on the guitarpro), i think probably this is the hardest for me now

what do you think would be the best for me to work on?

Best,
Claudio

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2020, 08:45 PM) *
Great Claudio! Yes, that's how you can fix your vibrato issues. Use those fingers and practice.

I'll wait for your suggestions. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2020, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! I think that these 4 lessons are excellent choices for you and that you should work on each of them. I can only suggest an order to work them, but you can start with the one that you want.

1. Neoclassical
2. Pop Rock
3. Latin
4. BB Blues

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 28 2020, 08:46 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2020, 04:26 PM) *
Hi Claudio! I think that these 4 lessons are excellent choices for you and that you should work on each of them. I can only suggest an order to work them, but you can start with the one that you want.

1. Neoclassical
2. Pop Rock
3. Latin
4. BB Blues

top thanks, will start with 1.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2020, 10:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 28 2020, 04:46 PM) *
top thanks, will start with 1.

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Dec 6 2020, 07:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,
Hope all is good. Working on the neoclassical lesson, almost there but need more practice.

In the meantime I did practice my vibrato on the Santana piece.
I know the second part is not perfect on this take, but wanted to have your feedback on the vibrato in particular if you can see any difference.

Thanks

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:29 AM