Novembers Doom
The Uncreator
Mar 16 2008, 12:42 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Was wondering if we had any Novembers Doom fans here? Great Progressive Death/ Doom metal band, Kinda similar to Opeth, but you would never mistake the two. Check out some videos smile.gif

Novembers Doom - Autumn Reflection
(This song is really good, I'm pretty sure the singer wrote it for his daughter)

Now for the heavy stuff, One of my favorites right here wink.gif

Novembers Doon - The Pale Haunt Departure

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Gen
Mar 16 2008, 12:56 AM
GMC:er
I love this band, thanks to fsgdjv for showing them to me, they're really awesome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 16 2008, 05:05 PM
Instructor
WOW! they are so heavy! ohmy.gif cool!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 16 2008, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Heavy!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
steiner666
Mar 20 2008, 07:48 PM
I discovered this band about a year ago, and I agree, they are great! Right up there with Opeth on the progressive side and My Dying Bride kinda on the doomy side of things.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 20 2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor
I've listened to their newest cd quite a bit, very heavy stuff, although I find Opeth's stuff more complex and interesting, whereas Novembers Doom is more straightforward. But they are great in their own right of course smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 25 2008, 09:33 PM
Woooow they rule !! Thanks !!
I got their album "the pale haunt departure" it rules!!
In the beginning I had to get used to his clean singing sound, but after listening to it for I while I got used to it and began to like it! There isnt a single song on the album I dont like tongue.gif But the best song on the album for me is "In the Abscence of Grace"
Dont flame me but I like this album as much as Opeths Blackwater Park blink.gif ( didn't thought that would be possible tongue.gif )

To anyone who likes brutal growls and riffs, but also some cleaner, dark stuff, I would highly recommend them !!

/m/ \m\ album!!!

Mark.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 01:55 AM
Yes, I love Novembers Doom! Allthough it's not fair to any of the bands to compare them to Opeth, both are amazing in their own way. My favourite album with them would probably be To Welcome The Fade. It's amazing how the female vocals on that record fits so perfectly, while normally in metal female vocals would make me puke. I love the latest stuff aswell, and Paul Kuhr is just amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Mar 29 2008, 02:02 AM
Novembers Doom is awesome. I've been listening to their music for a long time now.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 29 2008, 02:50 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Mar 28 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Yes, I love Novembers Doom! Allthough it's not fair to any of the bands to compare them to Opeth, both are amazing in their own way. My favourite album with them would probably be To Welcome The Fade. It's amazing how the female vocals on that record fits so perfectly, while normally in metal female vocals would make me puke. I love the latest stuff aswell, and Paul Kuhr is just amazing.

Yeah she was great on that record, Probably my favorite album as well, along with Novella Reservoir.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 06:28 AM
Great band! I always forget to respond to this thread. Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers is my favorite album by them.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:36 PM