Right Arm Getting Tired Quickly, Possible injury on it's way?
Bluesberry
May 22 2011, 09:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, this is totally a topic that's been discussed here a couple of hundred times, but all the same, I thought it'd be best to make a new thread.

The problem is my right arm when I'm playing. I had a small break last week (didn't play for three days or so) and then I went back to my "two hours every morning and more if my fingers can take it" routine. I noticed yesterday that my right arm seems to get tired pretty quickly when strumming (funk skunk stuff in pretty fast tempos) or playing fast AP licks. Today it got tired even more quickly, and I felt there was a subtle promise of forthcoming pain if I kept playing (it's funny how you can feel it beforehand). So I took a break and tried to play again, but I got tired again all the same.

Now my right wrist and elbow hurt a little when I use them, not much, not even enough to disturb me, but a little anyway. I'd like to keep playing since I feel I've got through a MAJOR breakthrough in my playing just recently (in these couple of days) and I'd like to try not to "forget" the feel for it. So I'm afraid I'll "lose" that knack if I take a break... mad.gif

... but I can hear everyone already saying: take a break - and I understand why. Do you have suggestions how I should use this time I need for recovery from this upcoming injury (which is most likely caused by overworking)? Should I play at all? How long a time should I take?

Any responses are welcome.

Kristian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:55 AM