Video Lesson Suggestions
Azzaboi
Apr 10 2009, 12:45 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC,

Would just like to suggest adding finger placement notes into your lessons. Possible just under the tabs themselves and maybe just as numbers referring to which finger is best to use. This would help me and hopefully others on working out correct fingering. In harder songs this becomes really important, not sure how you would display cords though?

For example:

----------------------------|
------------------8---10---|
------------/9--------------|
Fingering: 2 1 3

Another suggestion is to provide PDF or another format of documents to download for lessons and practicing offline?
Any written tips added to the hard parts and techniques in the lessons would also be grateful.

Great site guys
keep it up, loving it, learning and improving!

Aaron

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 10 2009, 12:50 AM
Instructor
I always have downloadable Guitar Pro file in my lessons. You can use it offline or even produce PDF from there if you like it that way. About the fingering, there are some things that people like to refinger and that's why I don't always include it unless there is something really important. I think the slow videos are slow enough to see what fingers an instructor is using. However in this lesson I wrote every single finger number in the GP file and it took me 2 hours for that smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 10 2009, 01:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Apr 10 2009, 12:50 AM) *
I always have downloadable Guitar Pro file in my lessons. You can use it offline or even produce PDF from there if you like it that way. About the fingering, there are some things that people like to refinger and that's why I don't always include it unless there is something really important. I think the slow videos are slow enough to see what fingers an instructor is using. However in this lesson I wrote every single finger number in the GP file and it took me 2 hours for that smile.gif

Fingering is a matter of personal preference....IMO smile.gif If you are having problems fingering something in one of the lessons I suggest you watch the videos and see what the instructor is doing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
midnight
Apr 10 2009, 01:36 AM
That's an idea.

What I would like to see is up/down stroke markers in the GP file. I know it would take a little longer to do, but it really helps speed things along for me. I watch the video to get the finger placement and feel, then I take the Guitar Pro file a section at a time, looping it at a speed that's comfortable. It's hard to see the picking direction at times.

This post has been edited by midnight: Apr 10 2009, 01:54 AM

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 10 2009, 05:25 AM
ahh i c - btw great lesson Emir Hot!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 10 2009, 05:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Apr 10 2009, 05:25 AM) *
ahh i c - btw great lesson Emir Hot!

thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 10 2009, 11:24 AM
Instructor
In my guitar pro file I include fingerings as well as pick stroke. I hope you can use that to your advantage and learn lessons faster smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
midnight
Apr 10 2009, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 10 2009, 03:24 AM) *
In my guitar pro file I include fingerings as well as pick stroke. I hope you can use that to your advantage and learn lessons faster smile.gif

Cool! I have your Alternate Etude lesson bookmarked but haven't done it yet. I'll give that and some of your other lessons a try. Although Alternate Etude seems pretty self explanatory. smile.gif I'm going to love it with your other lessons. Thanks.

The lesson I was having some trouble with seeing the picking direction in is Emir's 'Hots Boogie' lesson. I went though it and figured it out, then I marked the GP file with the stroke direction and any fingering choices that I wanted to remember. Awesome lesson.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 10 2009, 11:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (midnight @ Apr 10 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Cool! I have your Alternate Etude lesson bookmarked but haven't done it yet. I'll give that and some of your other lessons a try. Although Alternate Etude seems pretty self explanatory. smile.gif I'm going to love it with your other lessons. Thanks.

The lesson I was having some trouble with seeing the picking direction in is Emir's 'Hots Boogie' lesson. I went though it and figured it out, then I marked the GP file with the stroke direction and any fingering choices that I wanted to remember. Awesome lesson.

Thats great man !
Take your time with all your lessons. Its better to do them right once and nail them then to never learn them properly - if you get my idea smile.gif

When you get to it post a take in REC program , that would be awesome to hear !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 10 2009, 11:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (midnight @ Apr 10 2009, 10:50 PM) *

You can pick the way you like smile.gif It's rock style so there are no specific rules. It's mainly alternate picking (my prefered way).

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
midnight
Apr 11 2009, 12:50 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Apr 10 2009, 03:16 PM) *
You can pick the way you like smile.gif It's rock style so there are no specific rules. It's mainly alternate picking (my prefered way).

Yeah, I found that it is, but I'm just working on learning how to count time and not just winging it by feel. I learned a lot figuring it out. I always thought of alternate picking as up down up down as pretty much a constant sequence, not something that is related to the beat...or notes that are not played or skipped, if that makes sense. Like a simple 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &; alternate picking would still be alternate picking with consecutive down strokes if the off beat is not played. Is that the correct way to look at it?

Sorry, Didn't mean to hijack the thread Azzaboi. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 11 2009, 02:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (midnight @ Apr 11 2009, 12:50 AM) *
Yeah, I found that it is, but I'm just working on learning how to count time and not just winging it by feel. I learned a lot figuring it out. I always thought of alternate picking as up down up down as pretty much a constant sequence, not something that is related to the beat...or notes that are not played or skipped, if that makes sense. Like a simple 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &; alternate picking would still be alternate picking with consecutive down strokes if the off beat is not played. Is that the correct way to look at it?

Sorry, Didn't mean to hijack the thread Azzaboi. smile.gif

correct smile.gif you skip one if you have hammer on or pull off but remember that should have been a stroke, so the next one just continues in order.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 11 2009, 11:57 PM
Its all good midnight smile.gif

I've downloaded Guitar Pro and started using that, pretty good program to help.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 1 2009, 07:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
If you want to exercise your pinky, you could change the 2-1-3 fingering to 3-2-4, although it would seem rather pointless when playing it biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 14 2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor
I think that using roman numbers to refer to the position of the hand. For example a III on the top of the note would mean that your index would idealy play (with no strech involved) on third fret so you can figure out the other fingers. With this method you can fastly see every jump of the left hand. Oftenly I just grab the gro file and go to the vids if I don´t understand something.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 16 2009, 10:35 PM
Instructor
It would be little confusing to put fingerings for all lessons cause people might use slightly different fingers positions. For some lessons it is useful I agree.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:13 PM