Need Help Please, With guitar purchase
I WILL rock you
Oct 15 2007, 04:18 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

Its time for me to purchase a new guitar and i need some assistance with picking the right site to buy it from.

Im thinking of buying either a Gibson SG faded

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...itar?sku=517222

Or a Hagstrom ULTRA SWEDE BB

http://www.thomann.de/se/hagstrom_ultra_swede_bb.htm

If you have any experiance of any of theese guitar could you then please write what you think of it like overall, Quality, Features and Value and so on.

I allso need help with to pick witch site to order it form..

What do you think of

http://www.thomann.de/

and

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

If you have any personal experiance from good sites that you ordered your guitar from and got it fast and in one peice, feel free to share. biggrin.gif

Regards / Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 15 2007, 05:05 PM
Learning Roadie
www.gak.co.uk has always been good to me, not sure if they do international though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2007, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A Hagstrom was the first real guitar I ever played (my first Fender copy named Takaharu don't count as "real"), felt even better than a Gibson LP IMHO.

Where to order from, hard to say since I don't know from where you are.
if you're in europe I'd go with .de (there's also www.musicstore.de) and if you're in the US it's musiciansfriend. Living in Europe and order something from the US is a non profit deal, shipping from there sometimes cost more than the product itself.
I once almost (never did since the freight cost was so large) ordered a speaker (one 12" speaker) that costed $80 and the shipping alone would cost $50.
From musicstore.de it's a set rate at 20Euro no matter what you order, 4x12 cabinet + amp head = 20 Euro.

I imagine a guitar from the US to Europe would cost a fortune to ship.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 15 2007, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
I WILL rock you
Oct 15 2007, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 15 2007, 07:47 PM) *
A Hagstrom was the first real guitar I ever played (my first Fender copy named Takaharu don't count as "real"), felt even better than a Gibson LP IMHO.

Where to order from, hard to say since I don't know from where you are.
if you're in europe I'd go with .de (there's also www.musicstore.de) and if you're in the US it's musiciansfriend. Living in Europe and order something from the US is a non profit deal, shipping from there sometimes cost more than the product itself.
I once almost (never did since the freight cost was so large) ordered a speaker (one 12" speaker) that costed $80 and the shipping alone would cost $50.
From musicstore.de it's a set rate at 20Euro no matter what you order, 4x12 cabinet + amp head = 20 Euro.

I imagine a guitar from the US to Europe would cost a fortune to ship.

Hey, thanks for the reply

Sorry that i didnt mention where i was from, sweden.

So probebly musikstore.de is the way to go wink.gif

Iv tried the Hagstrom and it feels and sound wonderful but the Gibson modell is 45% cheaper now so i dont know if i should take the opertunity and buy it. (?)
I like both modells so its just a question of witch guitar that has the biggest value..

Thanks.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2007, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (I WILL rock you @ Oct 15 2007, 08:28 PM) *
So probebly musikstore.de is the way to go wink.gif

Yes, or thomann.de they have the same fright cost I think

QUOTE (I WILL rock you @ Oct 15 2007, 08:28 PM) *
I like both modells so its just a question of witch guitar that has the biggest value..

I don't think so. If you want to make an investment, buy stocks. Investing in what guitar you like has nothing to do with money, just find the best guitar that fits your budget. Don't mind how many percent off there is.

+Quote Post
I WILL rock you
Oct 15 2007, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 15 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Yes, or thomann.de they have the same fright cost I think
I don't think so. If you want to make an investment, buy stocks. Investing in what guitar you like has nothing to do with money, just find the best guitar that fits your budget. Don't mind how many percent off there is.

Yeah your probobly right ^^ Then Hagstrom Swede it is ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2007, 09:13 PM
QUOTE (I WILL rock you @ Oct 15 2007, 09:29 PM) *
Yeah your probobly right ^^ Then Hagstrom Swede it is ! biggrin.gif

Cool, just get what's right for you, ok.

Check what's the fright cost from the US so you get the whole picture. And since you're in Sweden you can always get to try a Hagström out... the SG aswell for that matter. smile.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 15 2007, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
RobM
Oct 16 2007, 12:16 PM
QUOTE (I WILL rock you @ Oct 15 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Hey guys,

Its time for me to purchase a new guitar and i need some assistance with picking the right site to buy it from.
Im thinking of buying either a Gibson SG faded

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...itar?sku=517222

Or a Hagstrom ULTRA SWEDE BB

http://www.thomann.de/se/hagstrom_ultra_swede_bb.htm
If you have any experiance of any of theese guitar could you then please write what you think of it like overall, Quality, Features and Value and so on.
I allso need help with to pick witch site to order it form..

What do you think of

http://www.thomann.de/

and

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

If you have any personal experiance from good sites that you ordered your guitar from and got it fast and in one peice, feel free to share. biggrin.gif
Regards / Adam

My opinion is Don't order it online. Go to a guitar shop and play the guitars then and only then will you know for sure which guitar to buy. Once you have figured out which guitar you like, buy the one you played, don't let them tell you that they will get you a boxed up guitar from the back. All guitars have their own personalities just like cars do, each guitar of the same make and model play and sound just a bit different than the next one. That way you can find your own sound and can come close but never exactly mimick someone else's sound(tone).

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 16 2007, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 16 2007, 01:16 PM) *
My opinion is Don't order it online. Go to a guitar shop and play the guitars then and only then will you know for sure which guitar to buy. Once you have figured out which guitar you like, buy the one you played, don't let them tell you that they will get you a boxed up guitar from the back. All guitars have their own personalities just like cars do, each guitar of the same make and model play and sound just a bit different than the next one. That way you can find your own sound and can come close but never exactly mimick someone else's sound(tone).

The problem for us here in Sweden is that guitars comes at a terrible price. In general it's an extra 50% we have to pay compared to the prices in germany.
Having that said of course you're right in what you say.

And as an example (easy model to look up and compare)
Ibanez JEM7V in the US $2,199
Ibanez JEM7V in Germany $3,379
Ibanez JEM7V in Sweden $4,576

EDIT: i thought this example came out a bit too steep, but never the less a fact, so I thought maybe it comes out less of a difference if we take the Worn cherry SG as an example;
US $580
Germany $1128
Sweden $1500

Now they (usualy?) don't ship to Europe so the comparance may not be fair. Never the less if the SG can be sold for $580 the value of labor and material I guess lies some where around $300.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 16 2007, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
I WILL rock you
Oct 16 2007, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 16 2007, 04:41 PM) *
The problem for us here in Sweden is that guitars comes at a terrible price. In general it's an extra 50% we have to pay compared to the prices in germany.
Having that said of course you're right in what you say.

And as an example (easy model to look up and compare)
Ibanez JEM7V in the US $2,199
Ibanez JEM7V in Germany $3,379
Ibanez JEM7V in Sweden $4,576

EDIT: i thought this example came out a bit too steep, but never the less a fact, so I thought maybe it comes out less of a difference if we take the Worn cherry SG as an example;
US $580
Germany $1128
Sweden $1500

Now they (usualy?) don't ship to Europe so the comparance may not be fair. Never the less if the SG can be sold for $580 the value of labor and material I guess lies some where around $300.

Wow thats a hugh differens blink.gif Its not fare mad.gif

Iv tried the Hagstrom Ultra swede and it feels great and sounds even greater. <3
When it comes to the SG iv only tried a Epiphone copy of it so i was wondering if there is any differens in the bodies like wight distribution or other features exept for the sound ofc..

ty

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:46 PM