Scar Symmetry Parts Ways With Vocalist
Guitarman700
Sep 11 2008, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
Sad sad.gif heres the press release;
SCAR SYMMETRY parts ways with vocalist

Dear friends.

A few months ago we decided to part ways with Christian. The reasons are mainly the clichéd "business and creative differences" and lack of interpersonal chemistry. We came to a point where the band's existence was in jeopardy because of these differences, and the only way for us to continue with an inspired state of mind was to go through with this change in the line-up.

This should come as a total surprise to most of you, though you might have wondered why no gigs/tours have been announced since the release of "Holographic Universe". The truth is, we have been offered several tours and one-off shows that everyone in the band wanted to do except for Christian. In a situation like that you get a lot of frustration and it was in everyone's best interest to go separate ways.

We started Scar Symmetry just for the fun of it, never with the idea of becoming hugely successful or whatever. Now, three albums into our career, we've toured both Europe and North America, our latest CD made it to Billboard's Top Heatseekers' chart and we've enjoyed success way beyond our expectations. Needless to say, the situation for us as a band has changed since we started playing together in 2004 and the band is bigger than ever. We had the choice to either take a step back with Christian in the band or a step forward without him... We choose to go forward.

There comes a time to let go and move on, and that time is now. Scar Symmetry wishes Christian the best of luck with his future endeavors and salutes the good times we had with him in the band. We will announce the identity of Christian's replacement shortly.

Comments former singer Christian Älvestam:

"Hi all!

After discussions between us in the band, I'm sad to say we've decided to part ways! Mainly for reasons of different outlooks on musical production and touring. Of course it's sad to see that Scar Symmetry will not continue in its present form, but unfortunately these things happen.

I hope Scar Symmetry will go on being successful, while I myself will for sure keep on singing, playing, writing and performing my own music, in various shapes and forms, for a very long time. My musical journey has just begun!

Unfortunate as it is, I'd nevertheless like to thank all the bands I've come to meet and play with during my years in the band; all the organizers we've worked with since the start, Nuclear Blast and all its street-teams for believing and supporting (band-wise and personally); all the magazines, TV- and radio-stations giving us the attention, helping us spreading the name; all the crews that have helped us out during the tours.

Last, but not least, I'd like to thank all the fantastic fans I've come to meet and know while being on the road with the band. All you friends out there who have bought our albums and merchandice, supported us live, partied with us back stage, off stage, on stage, under stage, anywhere and everywhere! All you who have stood by our side through thick and thin! You guys make all the difference! Thank you for a wonderful time!

This is Christian Älvestam signing off!"

Unfortunate, i liked his vocal style. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2008, 04:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is one of the worst things to ever happen in metal. He was such an amazing singer, I mean he was unbelievable!
God Ill miss him, I hope he starts another band or something. sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 11 2008, 04:57 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 11 2008, 11:44 AM) *
This is one of the worst things to ever happen in metal. He was such an amazing singer, I mean he was unbelievable!
God Ill miss him, I hope he starts another band or something. sad.gif

I Know. he was one of the reasons i liked the band, but better to see the band continue than watch them tear themselves apart!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 11 2008, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Sep 11 2008, 04:57 PM) *
I Know. he was one of the reasons i liked the band, but better to see the band continue than watch them tear themselves apart!

It seems to be a mutual parting of ways which is always nice to see. Not many bands manage that.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2008, 05:02 PM
Which is always a good thing, Maybe one day he will return.

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 11 2008, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was surprised to see that he was fine with it.. When I first started reading the first press release, I thought he was gonna be another Michael Kiske of Helloween... Bitter and angry tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 11 2008, 06:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is sad news, but its good it was a mutual decision/understanding!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 11 2008, 07:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Bummer. I enoy their new CD a lot.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 12 2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Holographic Universe is just perfect.

+Quote Post
CyanideChris
Sep 12 2008, 09:21 PM
That guy has the rare ability to have amazing growls AND clean vocals without any flaws. Damn, they aren't going to find a replacement that is better than him. Sad news...

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP M-II
Ibanez UV777BK w/BK-Warpig/Coldsweat
ENGL Savage SE
Mesa Dual Rectifier (two channel)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:35 AM