Instrumental Song Idea
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2014, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Hey guys smile.gif I haven't worked on such music for a long time now, but I feel it's knocking on my door so I allowed this idea to take contour and I recorded what I felt so far. I aim for writing and orchestrating a full song, but this is what the sound and state of mind feels like so far:

https://soundcloud.com/cosmin-lupu/sad-theme-in-g-minor/s-gOFr2

I was imagining how you can be very much in love with someone and that person hurt you a lot. You lay in bed next to them, in the darkness and as mad and angry as you are, you can't help but staring straight to the sleeping person near you gently caressing her hair, as the moonlight shines in the room and allows you to see. It's a feeling of forgiveness all in all, that actually conquers anger, I guess..

We'll see what comes next smile.gif Have you guys ever wrote a piece that illustrates a very well contoured feeling/story? Does it still bring up memories when you play it? I sometimes wonder how it feels for Eric Claption to perform 'Tears in heaven' all the zillion times he does...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 19 2014, 11:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
You already know that it's hard for me to find words and say how much I love this idea wink.gif I abused the repeat button biggrin.gif Sounds really killer!!!!!!!!!!!! I can bet that, this song will be a hit (for me already is tongue.gif) smile.gif
Also I can imagine your story on this music. All that darkness and the moonlight.....fits perfect with the song. But, somehow this story gives me a feel of sadness.

About your question, I avoid to write something from a story that happened to me, from many reasons. One big reason will be that I prefer to write sad melodies and this means a sad story. Who ones want to remember a sad story?
I prefer to express my mood in composition and when I will listen again, to feel the same mood not a certain story wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Mar 19 2014, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 19 2014, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Very nice piece Cosm! Really dig this style! smile.gif

Personally I treat music as a sort of escape from regular life. It's not a decision - it's something that I realized after reading your post. It comes naturally.

BTW...once I was a vocalist in my band and I wrote a lirycs. They were directed to "nobody". You know...sort of a same old story repeated in thousands of songs. On the premiere (first gig we played that song) I've seen my girl crying. When I went down from the stage and found she's even more....she's mad at me. It took me a few days to explain her that this was just a lirycs with no real life basis. She thought I've written lyrics for my ex-grilfriend biggrin.gif So...maybe it's better this way.

Antoher example. Today You wirte a song for Your girl and call it with her name. Something goes wrong and few years later You're with other woman. Imagine the new one doesn't let You play that old song (even if it's fabolous) just because it was written for Your ex smile.gif

Of course those are ridiculous situations but believe me...those happen i real biggrin.gif

Imagine Sting's wife face look when he sings "Roxane" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 19 2014, 06:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's a wise thing to avoid to use a name in a song. Also you must be careful what kind of lyrics you use to not upset your girlfriend. I must to admit that girls, have a "special ability" to became upset and sometimes to understand things very wrong tongue.gif I can do that very often biggrin.gif

On the other side, if I must chose a present between an expensive car and a song I'm from the "stupid" category which will choose the song smile.gif To be honest a piece of soul worth more than any expensive thing wink.gif But this is just my opinion and I know a lot girls who are not agree with me.

Of course now like a bad girl (and smart tongue.gif ) I will say that after we will have the soul, the rest of gifts will come (I JUST JOKING with this part) laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Mar 19 2014, 07:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Now this was a pleasant tune Cosmin! I love the melankolic melody. Sadness yet longing for something unreachable. Stretching out ur hand and craving..Very emotional and the melody is stuck in my head!
And I thank u for it cause the few days I had "Raised Fist - Friends and Traitors" 24/7 in my head biggrin.gif tongue.gif But thats another story wink.gif

Cant wait to hear the rest! Awesome it is smile.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2014, 09:07 PM
Instructor
That's a beautiful composition Cosmin! I read the story while I was listening to the song and it's awesome what it happened. I felt like being inside of story, I could see the place, and the situation.

Music becomes much deeper when you compose with a feeling, a phrase, a photo or something that has an important meaning for you. There is something in our mind that activates when we do it and the results are usually beautiful.

We are now doing this kind of experiments in my Creativity Workouts and I can say that I'm totally impressed. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Mar 20 2014, 12:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
I really like this Cosmin. This song has a lot of feeling and a great story, I'm excited to hear some more

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2014, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Thank you everyone! smile.gif I will keep working on it and see what will the final form be. As for Monica's idea - even if it's sad, it can be a true story and when we tell a story that we have lived, the message gets incredibly strong. For me, it's doesn't really matter how intense that feeling is - either sad or happy. It's important that it can spawn expression under the form of a song smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:20 PM