Workin' For The Weekend!
Spock
Jul 12 2014, 03:53 PM
GMC:er

^^^^^

laugh.gif

I use to be a HUGE fan of Loverboy. mellow.gif Until I heard Randy Rhodes for the first time....

So, having a blast today. What do you guys enjoy when you have a day off?

Typically for me, I do NOTHING on Saturday except exactly what I want to, and on Sunday I'll do some yard work and around the house - I enjoy that too.

So today, I got up at 4:30 AM to start the charcoals - this is my first attempt at a Beef Brisket ever.

[attachment=37928:early_charcoals.jpeg]

I marinated the Brisket last night in apple vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, cracked pepper, garlic and salt for 12 hours - but wanted to let it sit for 24 hours.

[attachment=37929:in_bag.jpeg]

[attachment=37930:marinated.jpeg]

This morning got up early to star the coals and put a rub on it of, Cumin, Pepper, Salt, Paprika...

[attachment=37931:rubbed.jpeg]

It's been on the grill for 4.5 hours now smoking at low temperature - trying to keep it around 225 - but it fluctuates between 350 and 175 - because it's difficult using charcoal and wood chunks - so you have to stick with it.

[attachment=37926:on_grill.jpeg]

So - just sitting out here watching the temp - and strumming this new guitar which looks AWESOME in the sun

[attachment=37932:guitar2.jpeg]

And of course - having a few too many beers.

Shouldn't every guitar website have a cooking thread?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 12 2014, 03:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 12 2014, 05:23 PM
That looks great Spock! You're a professional with that brisket and all.
I'll be working for the weekend this weekend ... at a BBQ. But sadly, I think it's just hot dogs and hamburgers.

*My fave Loverboy tune was 'Hot girls in Love'. Always liked the solo at 2:37 ... and the girl ... and the Ford Coupe.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 12 2014, 06:23 PM
HA! No - not even achieved the level of "Noob" yet on Brisket. Hoping I didn't put too much Hickory smoke on it.

My favorite Loverboy songs were "Jump" and "Gangs in the Street".

I saw them twice back in the 80s. Last time I saw them Dokken opened up for them, and George Lynch just KILLED IT. George had that white stack of Marshall's and Don Dokken sings like a bird - even though his lyrics are lame as hell.

Been tripping on old Loverboy while sitting out here and they have some damn catchy rhythms - the songs could be remade to not come across so...uh...ummm...how should I say...gay? huh.gif

Jump

Gangs in the Street

I think with Loverboy, the keyboards really made them sound great - and at the same time made them sound lame. Watching that "Hot Girls in Love" video is a perfect example. The song is really good, the bridge into the chorus is great, then the chorus starts and ruins the song for me because of the keyboard part. The vocal melody was cool, lyrics too poppy of course, if just the instrumental wasn't drowned out by the cheesy keyboard part.

I could have never imagine that today I would have sat outside tripping on over an hour of old Loverboy stuff. Enjoying the hell out of it too.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 12 2014, 06:35 PM
They were very much 'of their time'.
They knew how to write and produce a song.

Song is king.

They still get played on the radio 30 years out.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2014, 06:47 PM
That Ibby sure looks spiff in the sun!! And in the dark, and in the rain, and in the snow! smile.gif I've gotta throw in a loverboy tune here as well smile.gif I'm thinking of doing a DJENT version smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 12 2014, 10:53 AM) *

^^^^^

laugh.gif

I use to be a HUGE fan of Loverboy. mellow.gif Until I heard Randy Rhodes for the first time....

So, having a blast today. What do you guys enjoy when you have a day off?

Typically for me, I do NOTHING on Saturday except exactly what I want to, and on Sunday I'll do some yard work and around the house - I enjoy that too.

So today, I got up at 4:30 AM to start the charcoals - this is my first attempt at a Beef Brisket ever.

[attachment=37928:early_charcoals.jpeg]

I marinated the Brisket last night in apple vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, cracked pepper, garlic and salt for 12 hours - but wanted to let it sit for 24 hours.

[attachment=37929:in_bag.jpeg]

[attachment=37930:marinated.jpeg]

This morning got up early to star the coals and put a rub on it of, Cumin, Pepper, Salt, Paprika...

[attachment=37931:rubbed.jpeg]

It's been on the grill for 4.5 hours now smoking at low temperature - trying to keep it around 225 - but it fluctuates between 350 and 175 - because it's difficult using charcoal and wood chunks - so you have to stick with it.

[attachment=37926:on_grill.jpeg]

So - just sitting out here watching the temp - and strumming this new guitar which looks AWESOME in the sun

[attachment=37932:guitar2.jpeg]

And of course - having a few too many beers.

Shouldn't every guitar website have a cooking thread?

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 13 2014, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 12 2014, 01:47 PM) *
That Ibby sure looks spiff in the sun!! And in the dark, and in the rain, and in the snow! smile.gif I've gotta throw in a loverboy tune here as well smile.gif I'm thinking of doing a DJENT version smile.gif

Great idea Todd - I think I'll redo "Jump' for the heck of it, see it I can metal it up.

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 14 2014, 12:34 AM
I decided this one - The Kid Is Hot Tonight... Heck, I still like this song - and it would make a slammin tune updated - I think. Playing the keyboard parts on guitar.

So - this song I think will be my next obsessive project - getting it cut in Logic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:45 AM