Guitar Injuries?!?
PanamaMan
Jan 15 2008, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
i've been playing a lot recently for longer peroids of time then im used too and sometimes i would feel a strain in my right shoulder(my picking arm) every once in a while.So today when i woke up before i even started to play i got a lot of pain in the same shoulder.Could it possibly be from playing too tensed i dunno has anyone ever experienced something similiar?Should i take a break from playing for a little while.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reaver
Jan 16 2008, 12:03 AM
I've experienced a slight pain in my shoulder too just recently when I switched from playing acoustic for a couple years to now playing electric. There's no longer that big piece of wood to help hold some of the weight. I'd try loosening up your arm a bit and relaxing as well as playing a little less, especially if you woke up with the pain before you even started playing. The worse thing to do now would be to injure yourself more. Maybe a warm bath/shower would help along with taking a break.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Having problems with video's loading? Check your software. I have a program called zonealarm that was making video's either not load at all or load slowly. It took me a little while to figure this out, so if you've got any kind of software that monitors your incoming data from the internet, allow GMC to send data or disable the program :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 16 2008, 12:14 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Try and make sure your sitting as up right as possible, I`m terrible for slouching over the top of my guitar and occasionaly get a small ache in my right shoulder in my back, small breaks and stretches I find normally shift it, but if it gets any worse then I`d suggest stopping for a little while in case you hurt yourself more seriously. Muscle gels are good for this sort of thing and my wife swears by "arnica" gel which is a natural product so you can slap loads of it on, it does actually work quite well (in fairness to her laugh.gif )

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2008, 12:18 AM
Instructor
It is definitely a serious matter. You don't need to go to the doctor, but be careful, take some days off, and concentrate to keep you shoulders leveled and relaxed all the time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 16 2008, 12:20 AM
Yes, definitely take a break. Be relaxed while playing, take breaks, warm up, stretch, be careful etc. etc.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 16 2008, 12:33 AM
Instructor
some time s maby should be other wise if this pain still long time i prefare to see a doc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:01 AM