Hi I'm New, Complete Beginner
CompleteNewbie
Sep 9 2008, 12:14 PM
GMC:er
HI Everyone

I'm Eric Pearce, and a complete novice. I came across this site and think it's great.
I have just bought a second hand (new condition) Squire Fender Start affinity series (don't know what this means) huh.gif and Frontman 15G amp.

It looked ok, and sounded ok so I thought for £50 it would be worth buying to start to learn.

I'm looking forward to learn to play, it's been somthing that I have been meaning to do since I can remember, but "never found the time" I'm nearly 42 now.........

Anyway, I guess it's time to stop writting and start practicing.......

Is the power chords tutorial the place to start?

Thanks
Eric

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Equipment
Squire Fender Strat
Frontman 15G Amp
Line 6 Pod 2.0

Wanted
Angus Young Gibson SG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Muris Varajic
Sep 9 2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Eric!

The gear you've got is pretty decent to start with. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 9 2008, 12:45 PM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 9 2008, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hello mate and welcome to GMC! Nice gear, but sure you'll upload with a huge set-up (this site will give you an incredible g.a.s.) If you like, check out my series, are nice (I hope) to starting from. Good luck!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 9 2008, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC biggrin.gif

Have fun mate !!!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 9 2008, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Eric and welcome to GMC. I would suggest you take a look at Andrew's first step's lesson found HERE to get down some basics. Then head over to Kris' beginner kickoff found HERE There are 6 steps to the kickoff. Be patient and ask lot's of questions. smile.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Sep 9 2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome to GMC Eric!!

Its never late to start playing the guitar, and this site is the best place for it, so rock on!! cool.gif
I guess you should check out Kristofer Dahl's spoken lessons too on how to practice efficiently and properly, or look at the beginner stuff under video lessons.

Good luck m8 smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 9 2008, 03:24 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Welcome to GMC. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Soolas
Sep 9 2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Eric and welcome smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar: Mayones Setius Pro Lizard, Epiphone G-400
Amp: VOX AD30VT-XL

my english is not the best!!! ;-)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2008, 03:31 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome to GMC Eric - I am very happy you finally followed your heart at the age of 42! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 9 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Hi Eric and welcome to GMC. I would suggest you take a look at Andrew's first step's lesson found HERE to get down some basics. Then head over to Kris' beginner kickoff found HERE There are 6 steps to the kickoff. Be patient and ask lot's of questions. smile.gif

Excellent advice - thanks Skennington! biggrin.gif

Also - stay tuned for more updates from Andrew - as they will be on a even more "complete" beginner level than mine! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Sep 9 2008, 03:34 PM
Welcome:) You´ll see - just 2 weeks and you´ll rock like Muris:) just kidding, but its possible in 4 weeks cool.gif good luck man:P

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 9 2008, 03:35 PM
welcome, youll learn a lot on thsn website

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 9 2008, 03:47 PM
Instructor
welcome man! enjoy the site wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Sep 9 2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome to GMC! You will fall in love with this site very soon. laugh.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 9 2008, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the site! I love your nick ^^

You got the same first electric guitar that I've got. Excellent guitar for beginners ^^
I named mine Torine.. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Sep 9 2008, 05:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 9 2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome! Yeah, some power chords will give you instant motivation with their rockin sound! What music do you want to play?

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 9 2008, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard we have a lot of interesting stuff for absolute beginners here. Check out beginner series from Andrew, they started to go live just recently, so stay tuned for them, and work on some easy chord lessons, or in the style lessons. I recommend my BB King style lesson is you like blues licks, or pentatonic series for some a bit more advanced pentatonic scale workouts. Not difficult, and definitely useful.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 9 2008, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Welcome Eric. I hope you will enjoy this site

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Sep 9 2008, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Eric:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 9 2008, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, many times I have heard people saying that they wanted to play all their lives, but never actually picked up the instrument. It is great that you actually said it and did it for real, believe me that once it grabs you, it won't let you go, I have tried with no success.

Anyway, welcome, you've come to the right place, everyone here will help you to their best of their ability. Have fun, this is a fun and rewarding experience

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Sep 9 2008, 09:36 PM

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:33 AM