> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
I'm Here To Succeed's Guitar Routines, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2013, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is our official thread for designing your weekly guitar routines. You said this:

"my goal is to improve my speed & pick accuracy, but most importantly all the different scales of each key and chords... i want to know the guitar inside out..... "

Please answer to these questions:

1. How many hours a day can you play guitar?
2. What techniques would you like to master?
3. Which are your favourite artists and main inspirations?
4. Please post here some audios / videos of you playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 18 2013, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
1. I can play around 3 Hours a day
2. techniques? I'm not really sure.. a bit of all the techniques needed to make a great guitar player? haha
3. favourite artists - Townshend/Clapton/SRV
4. i will post a video within the next few hours

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 18 2013, 10:56 PM
how do i post an audio wav file in here?

Ahhh there we go... This is based on a lesson i was learning on here earlier... didn't get time to learn it all but will be revisiting it tomorrow

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Noodling_.wav ( 6.11MB ) Number of downloads: 217

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2013, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Nice playing on that audio file man, and thanks for the answers. Let's start designing the routine:

HOUR 1:

- Warming up (10 min)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

- Alternate picking (25 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

- Legato (25 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

HOUR 2:

- Feeling (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Soul-Guitar-Lesson/

- Sweep Picking (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rove-sweep-now/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweep-...-7th-Arpeggios/

- Techniques combined (20 min)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rock-Fusion/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jazz-Blues-Solo/

HOUR 3:

- Learning songs / riffs / licks by ear
Choose a new idea to learn every day. It can be a lick, a solo, a riff, a song.

- Theory
Use these threads as a guide to learn new things:

Theory Guide
Blues Theory

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-...jor-7th-Chords/

As you said that you want to get into jazz you can check this series.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonseries/Jazz-Notes/

- Scales work / Jamming

- Creating / recording your ideas

Check out carefully the different topics and let me know if there is anything missing or that you don't like there.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 21 2013, 12:55 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 19 2013, 05:55 PM
Ok this looks good... I must say the word 'Sweep Picking' scares me to death... as long as it doesn't go to dark haha
so when you say warming up 10 mins - what do you do to warm up?
then alternate picking 25 mins - do i just chose any alternate picking lessons?
and so on and so forth?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2013, 01:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Im here to succeed @ Nov 19 2013, 01:55 PM) *
Ok this looks good... I must say the word 'Sweep Picking' scares me to death... as long as it doesn't go to dark haha
so when you say warming up 10 mins - what do you do to warm up?
then alternate picking 25 mins - do i just chose any alternate picking lessons?
and so on and so forth?

Why? Is Sweep Picking completely new for you?

I will suggest lessons for each topic, this is just a template. You can also suggest lessons here and we can finally choose the ones we think will work better.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 20 2013, 01:50 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 20 2013, 01:28 AM) *
Why? Is Sweep Picking completely new for you?

Yeah i think so... see one problem is that like a lot of musicians who've been self taught, you don't realise most of the techniques you're actually doing and what they're called.. so maybe it'll be ok

and ok good..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I added and lesson for your routine. Remember that this are just my suggestions, we can change whatever you want from it. During the 3 hour you can give more priority to each topic each day, it's not necessary that you divide it in exact amount of minutes. Maybe you cna o one topic day 1, another day 2, or organize it as you wish.

Please tell me your thoughts about it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 20 2013, 11:53 PM
This is great mate, it gives me alot to work on!

I really enjoyed the alternate picking lesson! & the warm up really suits me because i said my goal is to know the neck inside out, so all those beautifully weird chord shapes are great!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2013, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Im here to succeed @ Nov 20 2013, 07:53 PM) *
This is great mate, it gives me alot to work on!

I really enjoyed the alternate picking lesson! & the warm up really suits me because i said my goal is to know the neck inside out, so all those beautifully weird chord shapes are great!

I'm glad to know it mate! smile.gif I added a video with stretches and massages that should be done before you start the routine and also a lesson for theory that will help you even more to know the neck. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 24 2013, 01:01 PM
Hi mate, just to let you know I'm struggling with the legato lesson... i can only really pull it off when i use an amp with lots of gain, but even then I'm at a really beginner level...should i be able to do it on clean too I'm guessing?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2013, 05:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Im here to succeed @ Nov 24 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Hi mate, just to let you know I'm struggling with the legato lesson... i can only really pull it off when i use an amp with lots of gain, but even then I'm at a really beginner level...should i be able to do it on clean too I'm guessing?

Hi mate, this is a good question. You can see it as different levels of goals. The cleaner it works, the most effective is the exercise for your left hand strength and endurance. If you already can play it with lots of gain, now practice without gain to gain more strength. Remember that the main purpose of this practice is "guitar training". I remember even practicing this type of stuff on acoustic guitars to make it even more difficult.

By the way, could you please share a video of you playing it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 25 2013, 05:19 PM
Here's the alternate picking one.. so I'm ready for a new alternate picking lesson... I will upload the legato lesson soon

Also in the legato lesson.. where do you have your thumb rested? because i always have mine peaking over the top of the neck like hendrix... so can i still use legato in this way? or do i have to adopt the 'metal' approach (if you like) and slide my thumb further down the back of the neck

This post has been edited by Im here to succeed: Nov 25 2013, 05:39 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Alternate_Picking_Lesson.wmv ( 9.35MB ) Number of downloads: 151

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Very good job in the video! Your playing is very precise and there are just some very little sections where you play wrong notes. The overall is good, and your right hand movement looks ok for me. Well done!

I was thinking that we can continue with this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/

Regarding your question. The only thing that becomes more difficult when you use the hendrix style thumb position are the big stretches, unless you have Jimi's fingers. So I think that there is not problem with that. But from my experience, my best suggestion is to practice it in both ways.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 25 2013, 06:07 PM
thanks ... Yeah i couldn't be bothered doing another take! haha...

well that looks really challenging..I'm going to focus on the other lessons above first and then come back to that. but it looks exciting.

yeah that's what i found, i find it comfortable the legato until it comes to the ones which are further apart..

when i use the thumb further down the neck technique it hurts my wrist.. probably because ive never done it before

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 06:19 PM
Instructor
Ok, it should hurt. If it hurts don't do it. Experiment different positions until you feel comfortable with it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Nov 26 2013, 11:03 PM
Hi mate, Here's an update on the legato lesson, still not perfect, but alot stronger than it was originally smile.gif
Plus after working with you the last few days my playing seems a lot more ambitious and i'm seeing things in a different way!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Legato_Lesson.wmv ( 2.91MB ) Number of downloads: 127

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 03:28 AM
Instructor
So awesome!! It's true! Your playing is becoming very strong, well done! And I'm very happy of knowing that our job together is giving real results. This is just the beginning! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! How are you? I'm here just checking what are the news... we are getting closer to refresh your routine so I would really like to know all your thoughts.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Dec 16 2013, 07:36 PM
hey dude, still got a good few of these lessons to work on, i've been busy with my band lately.. nearly finished the ''feeling soul guitar lesson' will crack on with it...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:29 PM