6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Discussion And Uploads, ALL Mentor's Advanced Virtual Band
skennington
Jan 12 2009, 03:18 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Discuss your ideas and thoughts in here guys. Good luck and can't wait to hear what comes out of this one. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 03:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you so much, Steve! smile.gif

Hey there mentors!
Welcome to the advanced virtual band. smile.gif

At first, we have to discuss what we are going to play. So, I suggest that everyone posts his interests/favourite music styles, ok? smile.gif

Mine are: experimental music, rock, jazz&blues (here I am pretty weak, so I have to develop my skills for this topic).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Steve, and well done Tolek for getting this organised. Think it's an excellent idea and a great way to get to know each other better smile.gif

I'm very open to giving new styles/ideas/covers a go so am happy to tag along with the groups ideas or produce some myself.

My style? oh dear. Well I spend most of my time putting Pink Floyd backing tracks on, and just doing my thing smile.gif

I'm not the fastest player, and there's area's that need work but I'll give ANYTHING a go. So lets be creative!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
I like everything from delta blues to death metal. haha so we can play acoustic Robert Johnson or we can do ear pummeling Cannibal Corpse - either way I'd be happy.

On a more serious note, since this is an 'advanced' band - I was thinking we could do a band in the style of 'advanced' players. I'm thinking we could utilize unorthodox modal progressions, create simple but resonating melodies, and perhaps do some really cool memorable 3rd or 5th degree harmonies...Or maybe something weird like 4ths I dunno.

I can create drum tracks, play bass, and guitar - so which ever I'm needed for I can do. wink.gif

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 12 2009, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 03:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome to have you on board, guys. smile.gif

fatb0t, your idea of advanced style is good. I sometimes come up with extremely weird stuff, so finally it could be used wisely. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 03:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
First thing we should get organised is getting a band leader, my vote would be for tolek (if he wants to, as you organised this mate).

I didn't get what steve meant fully by being a band leader, I got the impression it meant that the leader shouldn't play?

If thats the case, I'd say it would be better if in our case we have the band leader just as involved in writing and producing material smile.gif.

We just need to allocate someone to get things organised and within time dates and things, but still playing in the song(s) obviously.

Lets wait for everyone who's on board to get in touch I guess before deciding. But keep the suggestions flooding in for what we could do!:D

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 02:35 PM) *
Awesome to have you on board, guys. smile.gif

fatb0t, your idea of advanced style is good. I sometimes come up with extremely weird stuff, so finally it could be used wisely. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Jan 12 2009, 03:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 12 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I am probably the least versatile player here as I have basically been a musical loner my whole life. laugh.gif I love 80's rock and instrumentals in the style of Vai, Satch etc. I am open to do whatever. Originals, covers anything really. I am just so excited to have a REAL reason to keep practicing my guitar and now actually do something with it. Thanks for organizing this Tolek and I look forward to working with all my new virtual band mates. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 03:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Tolek as a Band Leader? I know him for some time now and I know that he doesn´t have much experience with mixing etc. But if nobody else wants to take this position, he would agree and learn to mix. smile.gif

No, seriously. Let´s do a voting for a band leader, ok?

lcsdds: you play great, please don´t have any doubts, ok? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Jan 12 2009, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Experience in mixing might be a good thing for us to say if we have actually, although i think it if anyone with less experience wants to give it a go, they should be able to smile.gif

Tolek still gets my vote tongue.gif

I have some mixing experience, but not huge amounts. I don't know anything compex but I do have Audition and Premier.

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Tolek as a Band Leader? I know him for some time now and I know that he doesn´t have much experience with mixing etc. But if nobody else wants to take this position, he would agree and learn to mix. smile.gif

No, seriously. Let´s do a voting for a band leader, ok?

lcsdds: you play great, please don´t have any doubts, ok? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 04:09 PM
Well I'm okay at that kinda stuff...I make full songs from time to time. I'm not exactly good at organizing people though..

Tolek you seem to be the organizational type! I can help you mix the tune though.

Anyways, I think we should do an original...Should it be an all instrumental?

You guys know how Muris does his Junk Melody, where he mixes like 6 different influences in one song? If the song were to be instrumental this would be a very good way to keep the song fresh and interesting..

Start off maybe very slow, clean arpeggios, go into an 80s ballad of sorts with some cool harmonies, then maybe like a rockin' mixolydian based riff, then I dunno haha

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 12 2009, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 04:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Well I'm okay at that kinda stuff...I make full songs from time to time. I'm not exactly good at organizing people though..

Tolek you seem to be the organizational type! I can help you mix the tune though.

Anyways, I think we should do an original...Should it be an all instrumental?

You guys know how Muris does his Junk Melody, where he mixes like 6 different influences in one song? If the song were to be instrumental this would be a very good way to keep the song fresh and interesting..

biggrin.gif Ok, two votes for me. I don´t know yet who I should give mine, so I´ll just wait until everybody posted here a bit. smile.gif
I see what you mean with Junk Medley. I am for this, too.
We can do vocals, too, but without me. It sounds so horrible when I sing. laugh.gif

By the way, you can add me in MSN if you like, guys: chilxl_xtolek at hotmail com (without x´s)

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 12 2009, 04:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 12 2009, 03:40 PM) *
I am probably the least versatile player here as I have basically been a musical loner my whole life. laugh.gif I love 80's rock and instrumentals in the style of Vai, Satch etc. I am open to do whatever. Originals, covers anything really. I am just so excited to have a REAL reason to keep practicing my guitar and now actually do something with it. Thanks for organizing this Tolek and I look forward to working with all my new virtual band mates. biggrin.gif

Nah, the least versatile player has to be me smile.gif. I am up for all kinds of music, from slow blues until progressive rock. Metal is nowadays not really my cup of tea anymore (since I loose hair too rapidly, my interest for metal went with the hairs down the drain tongue.gif). I am always up for some advanced chord progressions and such.

Wouldn't consider myself advanced at all (since a little while I can live with the fact that I am actually an intermediate player instead of beginner smile.gif), but am certainly willing to do my best to make something nice out of this!

First thing to decide seems to me whether we would do a cover or write some new material?

My vote goes to Tolek as band leader! Great initiative you put in there Tolek smile.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 12 2009, 04:21 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 12 2009, 04:24 PM
Wait, what? what the hell man? I think it's only fair you let the only 3 of us that actualy showed intrest in being in an advanced VB, to be in an advanced VB.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 04:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´d say we could do a cover at the beginning to get warm. Maybe these? "While my guitar gently weeps", "Fly me to the moon"?

Is this group of mentors be only for this month or longer or what? smile.gif

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 12 2009, 10:20 AM) *
Wouldn't consider myself advanced at all (since a little while I can live with the fact that I am actually an intermediate player instead of beginner smile.gif), but am certainly willing to do my best to make something nice out of this!

First thing to decide seems to me whether we would do a cover or write some new material?

My vote goes to Tolek as band leader! Great initiative you put in there Tolek smile.gif

Yeah, I'm definitely not advanced like Muris or Emir either, not even remotely close - but we can try to tackle some of the concepts they have in their songs. Basically lets not do a I IV V progression or something boring, lets try something experimental - out of our comfort zones and see what we end up with.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 04:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 12 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Wait, what? what the hell man? I think it's only fair you let the only 3 of us that actualy showed intrest in being in an advanced VB, to be in an advanced VB.

I see, sorry about that! Please contact Skennington who is the organizer/manager of all bands. Good luck!

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Yeah, I'm definitely not advanced like Muris or Emir either, not even remotely close - but we can try to tackle some of the concepts they have in their songs. Basically lets not do a I IV V progression or something boring, lets try something experimental - out of our comfort zones and see what we end up with.

1+

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 12 2009, 04:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 04:29 PM) *

Sure thing, more than happy to do this. smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 12 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Hey Iluha - not exactly sure - but I think this is only for mentors in the MTP. Tolek came up with the idea of us creating an advanced virtual band. I think it's a separate entity to the regular advanced virtual band. Skenny can clarify.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 12 2009, 04:42 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Hey Iluha - not exactly sure - but I think this is only for mentors in the MTP. Tolek came up with the idea of us creating an advanced virtual band. I think it's a separate entity to the regular advanced virtual band. Skenny can clarify.

I know this is only for mentors, but it came instead of the advanced VB because there simply wasn't enough sign ups..
I sent Skennington a pm giving my thoughts on all the VB's, I have a good, yet preety obvious idea which I hope he will embrace =p

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 04:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 12 2009, 04:40 PM) *

Correction: it was Skenny´s idea. My idea was this: I wanted to sign up as an advanced member to make possible the start of an advanced band.

First upload! smile.gif

Attached File  one.mp3 ( 385.24K ) Number of downloads: 314

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:57 AM