> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
krakou
Feb 5 2013, 06:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 5 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Nice take mate! I like the feeling of your playing on this take! It sounds very warm, well done! The only thing that you have to review is the pitch of some bends which isn't perfect but not too far.

Looking forward Kenny's lesson! Have you heard his songs?

Tnx for the review, and yes, bends still need to be improved.

I know KWS yes, he's sometimes on my spotify list :-)
I've already practice the lesson, some parts are ok, some are grmpff tongue.gif

Bye

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2013, 02:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 5 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Tnx for the review, and yes, bends still need to be improved.

I know KWS yes, he's sometimes on my spotify list :-)
I've already practice the lesson, some parts are ok, some are grmpff tongue.gif

Bye

Great! I'll wait for your take! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 9 2013, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Great! I'll wait for your take! smile.gif

Here it is !!

Not completely happy with it.
There are 7 licks/phrases.
In my humble opinion, licks 1, 2, 3 and 5 are not too bad, there is not enough life in my game, it sounds a little bit too shy, but it's listenable (can I write that ?)
Licks 4 and 6, my fingers aren't simply fast enough, so there are interpretation mistakes.
Last lick, I've made a variation, I tried to play it like him 30 times, but I've always timing issues.

Voilàà :-)

Hope your ok, have a nice afternoon/evening whenever you read this.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  KWSV1.mp3 ( 1.66MB ) Number of downloads: 130

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2013, 10:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 9 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Here it is !!

Not completely happy with it.
There are 7 licks/phrases.
In my humble opinion, licks 1, 2, 3 and 5 are not too bad, there is not enough life in my game, it sounds a little bit too shy, but it's listenable (can I write that ?)
Licks 4 and 6, my fingers aren't simply fast enough, so there are interpretation mistakes.
Last lick, I've made a variation, I tried to play it like him 30 times, but I've always timing issues.

Voilàà :-)

Hope your ok, have a nice afternoon/evening whenever you read this.

Hi mate! It's great to see you working hard! You are right, there are some licks that are better than other ones but the overall is on the right track! I recommend you to continue practising but each lick as isolated exercises over the backing track, repeating many times the same lick.
Pay attention to timing and bending. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 24 2013, 11:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab !

Hope you're doing fine.

Still working on KWS licks and legato penta, but progress are not huge.
It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n' roll tongue.gif

Here are dry licks from KWS lesson, only me and drums.
I've tried also the SRV lesson, but definitely too challenging for me at this moment.

I've post some penta stuff soon too.

And I'm learning this lesson today
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-tune-beginner/
Already know all the licks, but at slow speed.
I've uploaded a shot at 110 bpm instead of 130. I cannot add vibrato when I'm bending like Muris is doing, but hey, it's Muris ;-)
Playing correctly fast is really a problem, I mix my fingers all the time biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by krakou: Feb 24 2013, 04:32 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  KWS_NoBT_2402_90.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 134
Attached File  MurisRockBeginner_2402_110.mp3 ( 1.61MB ) Number of downloads: 122
Attached File  PentaZsolt65_24022013.mp3 ( 1.23MB ) Number of downloads: 128

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I have to congrats you for the great job that you are doing in this thread. I can see a big improvement in your playing. You bending and vibrato are much more precise now in the KWS lesson but also in the one by Muris. The Pentatonic exercises need more work but I'm sure that you will master it with some diary practice.

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n' roll "

yes... let me add that it's long and hard.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 24 2013, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Tnx a lot for your review, and yeah, there is still a lot of work to do !
You're too nice with my Muris shot, I find it awfull, but I know I can play it quite well in a couple of weeks.
It is a really great piece to play, melodic, mix of techniques, notes all over the fretboard..

One of my favorite tune of ACDC, live, at their best, with Bon Scott singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwQK3DjOCs

This post has been edited by krakou: Feb 24 2013, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Feb 24 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Tnx a lot for your review, and yeah, there is still a lot of work to do !
You're too nice with my Muris shot, I find it awfull, but I know I can play it quite well in a couple of weeks.
It is a really great piece to play, melodic, mix of techniques, notes all over the fretboard..

One of my favorite tune of ACDC, live, at their best, with Bon Scott singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwQK3DjOCs

Don't be bad with you! You are on the right path. Just keep on working hard every day. wink.gif

What a great track by AC/DC. biggrin.gif Did you know that their new dvd was filmed in Argentina? (Live at River Plate).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 25 2013, 08:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Just to show you I'm not overcomplaining on myself like a poor little boy, Muris full speed this evening for me !!

Accuracy and precision are not present all along the track, but I think I will be able to play it correctly quite soon, cool..

About ACDC and Argentina, yep, I've seen this, and some extracts seen on youtube showed me how crazy you are over there tongue.gif

I've also noticed there is a new soldier in your army with good taste (I've seen Fugazi live 15 years ago, and Ice cold Ice from Husker Du is an all time favorite of mine ;-)).

But as I'm gettin' older, I've switched to blues rock, that's life.
This week I'm listening to latest album of Philip Sayce, listen to this riff, huge !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjIqJRzxmIM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MurisRockBeginner_2502_FullSpeed.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2013, 09:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! thanks for sharing that song! I like it! It's rocker and also remember me a bit to Jack White. And yeah! a new rocker soldier is part of the army! biggrin.gif You are doing a great job with that lesson by Muris! I think that you will be mastering this one soon!

Argentina's audience crazy??? laugh.gif

Check these video by the Ramones here in Argentina...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 23 2013, 02:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab'

Long time no see :-)

No worry, I'm still busy with the guitar, I've just had other priorities than GMC last weeks.
Firts, I've played on stage with a friend of mine, was first time for me, with acoustic.
It was a little bit scary, but in the end, everything was ok.

Then I've made a video for the French Guitar Contest, like I've done last year.
It took me endless time to ba able to simply pass my scale at the end of the vid', but now it's behind me and I'm happy with that !
If you like it, don't hesitate cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCaIEsk9MY

So now, I'm back, if you think of any of your lesson I could learn, I'm ok.
I could even propose it to the REC program.

Bye

JL

This post has been edited by krakou: Mar 23 2013, 02:12 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2013, 08:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Krakou! It's great to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your take for the French contest. I like the phrases and licks that you composed for this one! Good job! I can also note some things to work on: Bending, timing, and technique training to take your playing to a limitless level.
Besides working on new lessons you should have a series of AP, Legato, Bending, Sweep Picking (If you like this technique) that you practice everyday as a training routine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 23 2013, 10:02 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 23 2013, 08:33 PM) *
Hi Krakou! It's great to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your take for the French contest. I like the phrases and licks that you composed for this one! Good job! I can also note some things to work on: Bending, timing, and technique training to take your playing to a limitless level.
Besides working on new lessons you should have a series of AP, Legato, Bending, Sweep Picking (If you like this technique) that you practice everyday as a training routine.

Tnx for your comment !

I already have more or less some exercices, but it is true it I don't have a real routine.
For instance, for this contest, I had to train a lot simply to pass the scale at 117 bpm, but for that kind of stuff, I come from nowhere, so it's already not so bad (for me I mean..).
Sweep I can already do some argpeggios, but I really don't know how to incorporate that into...music.
So I guess you're right Ihave to create some exercices.
No to reach limitless level, but regarding lessons, if in a couple of years I'm able to play level6 lessons, I would already be very pleased in fact smile.gif

Bye

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2013, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Mar 23 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Tnx for your comment !

I already have more or less some exercices, but it is true it I don't have a real routine.
For instance, for this contest, I had to train a lot simply to pass the scale at 117 bpm, but for that kind of stuff, I come from nowhere, so it's already not so bad (for me I mean..).
Sweep I can already do some argpeggios, but I really don't know how to incorporate that into...music.
So I guess you're right Ihave to create some exercices.
No to reach limitless level, but regarding lessons, if in a couple of years I'm able to play level6 lessons, I would already be very pleased in fact smile.gif

Bye

Great mate! Do you have some thoughts regarding the routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 24 2013, 08:04 PM
Learning Roadie
More or less.

I guess I can write down a list with exercices for each category, and then take notes of the speed at which I'm comfortable with.
Just I don't want my guitar trip being an endless exercice :-)
Also I'm not sure doing the same AP exercice every day is valuable, I must also integrate that into the routine maybe.
Playing the same pattern over and over may hurt, don't forget I'm an old dude, ha, ha.

Regarding sweep, I've learned the rising force pattern from Malmsteen, like this guy is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myLKvnXWLYg

This post has been edited by krakou: Mar 24 2013, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2013, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. You won't imagine how effective is to practice AP exercises. If you could at least dedicate 15 minutes to AP patterns and exercises, you would note a big change in your playing. There are many good exercises in my ITC.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42832

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 25 2013, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Hi mate. You won't imagine how effective is to practice AP exercises. If you could at least dedicate 15 minutes to AP patterns and exercises, you would note a big change in your playing. There are many good exercises in my ITC.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42832

Waouw, this looks great !!

With which of these exercices would you advise me to begin ?

JL

ps: tnx again for sharing the knowledge !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2013, 04:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Mar 25 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Waouw, this looks great !!

With which of these exercices would you advise me to begin ?

JL

ps: tnx again for sharing the knowledge !

This exercises are organized in order so you can start from lesson 1 (warming up) and follow the instructions there. You can also learn Left hand and Right hand lessons to add them to your routine. The lessons are in order but you can work on different technique simultaneously.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Apr 2 2013, 08:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab,

I have a little question regarding fingers :-)
With AP exercices like 5-7-8, 12-14-15, a lot if not most of the guitarists I see simply does not use their pinky.
Best example for me would be Gary Moore.
And this does not seem to be a problem for lightning fast playing.
So, most of the time, I play with fingers 1-3-4 such patterns, but sometimes I wonder if 1-2-3 would not be more efficient.
What do you think of this ?

Tnx

JL

ps: I've started your intensive technical training :-)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2013, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Apr 2 2013, 04:36 PM) *
Hello Gab,

I have a little question regarding fingers :-)
With AP exercices like 5-7-8, 12-14-15, a lot if not most of the guitarists I see simply does not use their pinky.
Best example for me would be Gary Moore.
And this does not seem to be a problem for lightning fast playing.
So, most of the time, I play with fingers 1-3-4 such patterns, but sometimes I wonder if 1-2-3 would not be more efficient.
What do you think of this ?

Tnx

JL

ps: I've started your intensive technical training :-)

Good question! I use both depending on the part of the fretboard and also depending on the frets that I'm going to play in the following string. There is not one rule for this, as you can notice, different shredders can use one or the other way successfully. From my point of view, using fingers 1, 2 & 3 should be more efficient since you have and extra finger and this fingers are usually more agile. However I have trained my fingers through the years and I can play in both ways effectively. So, the short answer would be, it's up to you and to what you find more comfortable.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:15 PM