New Guitar
Heyuintheshirt
Jun 17 2008, 12:07 AM
GMC:er
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to get a new guitar for graduation, and I had decided to go with the standard strat. Then I found this http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-FEN1134700.html its a standard strat with a floyd rose, I didn't even know they made these. I was wondering if anyone has used one or even owns one and what they think about it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 01:15 AM
Instructor
Looks great to me, but judgind by the price, I think it's Mexican one. Nevertheless it's a cool guitar,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 17 2008, 01:39 AM
That's a lot of guitar for the money, man! You have alot more possibilities with this strat because of the Floyd. And a humbucker to boot! You'll certainly get a fatter sound with the humbucker anyway. Will it sound like a classic strat? Probably not, at least not in the bridge position; it depends on the sound you're going for. But, for 500 bucks, you can't beat it.

+Quote Post
GuardianBlue
Jun 17 2008, 05:38 AM
eeeeeh. Call me old fashioned but I think that just looks wrong. By all means get a humbucker in it or put one in later. (and by the way if it's mexican, you can really benefit from replacing the electronics) But floyd rose on a strat just looks weird. I've always preferred the standard tremolo bridges myself, but then again, I'm not a huge whammy user in general so if thats your thing, by all means go for it and tell me how it goes. smile.gif

--------------------
~FenderBender

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 17 2008, 09:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah Floyd looks weird on strat to me too, but I guess its a nice feature to have smile.gif
This guitar looks cool , but check where is it manufactured...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 17 2008, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Congrats on your new Strato smile.gif Never tried one with a floyd before though

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jun 17 2008, 11:07 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 11:52 AM
Instructor
Also if I may wanna add, there a quite a few options with strats. ALmost all of their models today are drilled with HSH holes inside, regardless of the factory pikcup configurations. So the flexibility is high, you can later add anything you want, even those complete pickguard kits, along with electronics and pickups. I would say you really have to think about it and find a decent piece of wood. Later on, everything will be much easier to put in it. Also not sure of what quality this guitar is, being a floyd rose, HSH and a strat. Suspicious if you ask me.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jun 17 2008, 11:56 AM
Instructor
Really nice guitar, I love strats with floyd, nice piece of gear for sure!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ghost Story
Jun 17 2008, 08:12 PM
Strats with locking trems rule, but the floyd is only of added value if you're a whammy user.
I'd go for the bridge humbucker anytime. cool.gif

As for the looks of Strats with floyd style trems, that's a matter of personal taste.
I think it (kahler spyder trem) looks great on my HM but as far as the more "regular" strat models go the floyd rose looks kinda weird to me.

--------------------
"If I'm going to have delusions, I may as well go for the really satisfying ones"

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 17 2008, 09:18 PM
I'd want one, but with a Wilkinson tremolo, a roller nut and locking tuners! Would be the best of all worlds! laugh.gif

Floyd Rose is too overrated..
And I don't think it looks good with all those unbraco bolts sticking out .. dry.gif

IMHO smile.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Jun 17 2008, 09:20 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 17 2008, 10:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
cool guitar

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:03 AM