Zr Tremolo Problem...
bladzerok
Jun 12 2008, 12:16 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
hi everyone,

yesterday i bought a new guitar, wich is an ibanez s320. it sound good and is a cool guitar, but the zr tremolo just can't stay in tune mad.gif
the bolts on top of the locking nut are tight enough( im sure about that) and the spring tension at the back is set at about 3 quarters near the "-", but i still need to tune my guitar every 15-20 minutes...

its the second time i post a question about my new gear this week, i know, but i was really used to simpler, cheaper gears, so im lost in those new features laugh.gif

thank you all smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 12 2008, 12:28 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
you got new strings on that new guitar, maybe. They take a while to fully stretch. Keep tuning and play hard! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jun 12 2008, 12:33 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
yeah, chances are good that strings are new on this guitar

thanks for fast response smile.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jun 12 2008, 12:41 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bladzerok @ Jun 12 2008, 12:16 AM) *
hi everyone,

yesterday i bought a new guitar, wich is an ibanez s320. it sound good and is a cool guitar, but the zr tremolo just can't stay in tune mad.gif
the bolts on top of the locking nut are tight enough( im sure about that) and the spring tension at the back is set at about 3 quarters near the "-", but i still need to tune my guitar every 15-20 minutes...

its the second time i post a question about my new gear this week, i know, but i was really used to simpler, cheaper gears, so im lost in those new features laugh.gif

thank you all smile.gif

You need to get the spring tension right. You cant just guess with or screw around with the wheel in the back. Read the instructions on setting up the trem and follow them exactly and that thing will never go out of tune. The zr is probably one of the most stable trems out there. If you dont have the instructions PM me and I will scan the book from mine and send you the instructions.

These scans came from the Ibanez manual that should come with that guitar. I included a copy of the cover to help you locate the right one from ibanez if necessary.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Jun 12 2008, 03:46 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jun 12 2008, 03:54 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
oh thanks biggrin.gif
i wasnt even looking at the right manual... the guy at the shop gave me an ibanez magazine dry.gif (and i think he also made an error in a discount, because he gave me a $120 discount because of a single little ding instead of $20 tongue.gif )

i will go check around for this instruction booklet, looks like its very usefull

This post has been edited by bladzerok: Jun 12 2008, 03:54 AM

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:18 PM