101 Timing Lesson, Request
RIP Dime
Mar 9 2008, 03:03 AM
GMC:er
Sorry if this has been requested before. I know Kris touched on it in the metronome lesson, and that there is a timing exercise by Muris, but I think I'm in need of a series of lessons that cover timing in depth, from basics to stuff like odd times.

I think timing is extremely important, because if you cut music down into the most basic of explanations, it's notes played is a certain timing, so it's like half of music. I would love to see more lessons dedicated to timing. Like the theory of timing along with it''s application in band situations. Maybe a collab with Kyle on drums and a guitar instructor.

Personally, I have a pretty ok natural sense of timing, but when I play with someone else, I'm going along with the feel of the timing, I don't actually know the machine that drives timing like I know the theory behind note selection, like scales, modes, chords, and formulas. I feel that this is a big hole in my playing. I'm absolutely obsessed with knowing how things work, and considering I'm trying to become a musician I know very little about timing. I'm currently checking out Andrew's 101 Time lessons, but I think I'm in need of something more applied? I'm not sure. I'm not trying to discredit your lessons Andrew, I think I'm just the kind of person that learns by hearing and doing.

I think more video timing lessons will benefit players of all skill levels on this site, if one of the instructors is kind enough to indulge me, I'll be forever grateful! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Mar 9 2008, 03:05 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:39 AM