Beating The Youtube Algorithm
Todd Simpson
Oct 15 2021, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
The youtube algorithm is the gatekeeper between your music / content and the rest of the worlds eye balls. It's very tricky to beat it these days and many people find that youtube is almost pointless. That it's nearly impossible to get any kind of traction at all. Some folks have abandoned it and just gone over to instagram or tiktok. Sadly those platforms don't offer the same type of relationship with viewers as the are more focused on shorter and tackier content.

In this vid, there are some great tips on how to actually break through. smile.gif

Check out this groove lesson!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Guitar-Boogie/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 16 2021, 05:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 17 2021, 10:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for sharing Todd, I'll be checking this out later as I'm thinking of starting a YT channel for my destressing too s. I can't have a Spotify channel as you have to have three social media channels with 50 followers on each, it something looks that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2021, 07:19 PM
I thought you already had a youtube channel? Or are you saying you plan on starting a second channel under the same account? Either way, the more the merrier!

it can be really frustrating these days on youtube. the big players soak up all the eyeballs and the little guys barely get any traction. The good news is, there are ways to help a video/channel get some traction as shown in this guys vid. I'd suggest subbing him as his vids are all really good and packed with tips on how to get more traction and eyeballs. Some folks could care less about it, but I would like my work put in making videos to pay off with some people actually seeing them.

Share your link here in the thread when you launch your new channel!

Here is a video on how to create an Artist Spotify Channel. I don't remember any requirements when I built one?

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 17 2021, 05:06 AM) *
Thanks for sharing Todd, I'll be checking this out later as I'm thinking of starting a YT channel for my destressing too s. I can't have a Spotify channel as you have to have three social media channels with 50 followers on each, it something looks that.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 17 2021, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 17 2021, 09:46 PM
Yeah but this new channel is purely going down as an artist channel possibly Spotify and Insta too, it won't be under my name, I'm not being pretentious, I just want it under one name away from me.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 17 2021, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 17 2021, 10:46 PM) *
Yeah but this new channel is purely going down as an artist channel possibly Spotify and Insta too, it won't be under my name, I'm not being pretentious, I just want it under one name away from me.

I thought I already posted this reply, but I don't remember having to show anything about followers etc. to create an artist profile on Spotify etc with Cloudburzt, but maybe I don't have a similar one to what you're talking about. I just signed up for DistroKid and it seemed to give me access along the way when I was uploading songs.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2021, 03:37 AM
Thats the way I remember it as well. Once you sign with a distributor, they sorta walk you through creation of the artist page smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 17 2021, 05:20 PM) *
I thought I already posted this reply, but I don't remember having to show anything about followers etc. to create an artist profile on Spotify etc with Cloudburzt, but maybe I don't have a similar one to what you're talking about. I just signed up for DistroKid and it seemed to give me access along the way when I was uploading songs.

All you have to do is sign up with one distributor like distrokid or whatever for one song and bam they will guide you through creating the artist page for that account smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 17 2021, 04:46 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 18 2021, 07:11 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 18 2021, 03:37 AM) *
All you have to do is sign up with one distributor like distrokid or whatever for one song and bam they will guide you through creating the artist page for that account smile.gif

I'm sure I tried that and got asked for three social media accounts with at least 50 followers, I'll try again.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 18 2021, 07:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 18 2021, 08:11 AM) *
I'm sure I tried that and got asked for three social media accounts with at least 50 followers, I'll try again.

I don't recall having to do this, but it could be something new smile.gif Let us know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 18 2021, 08:55 PM
I've just tried again and this is what I get.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 18 2021, 09:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 18 2021, 09:55 PM) *

Oh, I hadn't tried ONErpm. But yeah, I get the same using that. I don't remember similar from DistroKid, which is the only one I've used to get on Spotify.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 18 2021, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 18 2021, 09:31 PM) *
Oh, I hadn't tried ONErpm. But yeah, I get the same using that. I don't remember similar from DistroKid, which is the only one I've used to get on Spotify.

Cheers, I'll try that tomorrow. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 18 2021, 09:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 18 2021, 10:33 PM) *

I don't know about pricing and best options out there. I think Todd made a topic about it all some years back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2021, 11:32 PM
Ive never used one rpm. Is it just asking you to link your social media accounts? Thats no problem is it?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 18 2021, 03:55 PM) *

TUNE CORE is one of the best deals out there.

https://www.tunecore.com/distrokid-vs-tunec...JQaAmRUEALw_wcB

I ended up using REVERBNATION as I was already a member and the per track cost was like one dollar per year smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 18 2021, 04:33 PM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 18 2021, 11:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 19 2021, 12:32 AM) *
TUNE CORE is one of the best deals out there.

https://www.tunecore.com/distrokid-vs-tunec...JQaAmRUEALw_wcB

I ended up using REVERBNATION as I was already a member and the per track cost was like one dollar per year smile.gif

I remember checking a few sites out when I was looking to upload some songs. DistroKid is 20 USD per year for unlimited uploads. If you only upload a few songs that's probably not the best deal, but it seems alright to me. I know people say bad and good things about all of them, but I've been happy about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2021, 06:28 AM
Distrokid is a great choice imho as I've heard mostly positive things about them. I've not used distrokid so I can't suggest it from personal experience. I've only used reverb nation. If ben has has a good experience with distrokid then I'd say it's worth a strong look smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 18 2021, 06:49 PM) *
I remember checking a few sites out when I was looking to upload some songs. DistroKid is 20 USD per year for unlimited uploads. If you only upload a few songs that's probably not the best deal, but it seems alright to me. I know people say bad and good things about all of them, but I've been happy about it.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 19 2021, 06:57 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 18 2021, 11:32 PM) *
Ive never used one rpm. Is it just asking you to link your social media accounts? Thats no problem is it?

If you look at the picture, it is asking for two other accounts with 50 followers, I don't have that.

UPDATE:
I've joined Distrokid now wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 19 2021, 09:53 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2021, 11:22 PM
Cool! So distrokit doesn't require the 50 followers and such?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 19 2021, 01:57 AM) *
If you look at the picture, it is asking for two other accounts with 50 followers, I don't have that.

UPDATE:
I've joined Distrokid now wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 20 2021, 07:02 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 19 2021, 11:22 PM) *
Cool! So distrokit doesn't require the 50 followers and such?

Correct, OneRPM requires two social media sites with 50 followers each Distrokid has no such requirements.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 20 2021, 07:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 20 2021, 08:02 AM) *
Correct, OneRPM requires two social media sites with 50 followers each Distrokid has no such requirements.

Is that only with their free program, I wonder? I don't know their business plan, but obviously if all their costumers just had 0 followers the word likely wouldn't spread as fast, whereas someone with 50 followers and above might help spread the word better.

Not sure, just thinking out loud. It was one of the things I thought about as I went to bed last night laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:59 PM