Droptune Pedals
bleez
Apr 20 2013, 05:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Does anyone use these types of pedals?
I was looking at the Morpheus one, kinda looked cool. Do these types of pedals sound okay when playing chords?

Also, I dont suppose there are any VST's that will drop your tuning? I have a sub octave one within pod farm but its rubbish when you play a chord, sounds okay when you play lead though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 20 2013, 06:18 PM
GMC:er
I tried one of these a while back, for down-tuning a half or a whole tone, it sounds great (chords and everything). Slight delay between playing but nothing unmanageable.

Obviously the further down you go, the worse it gets. But you can definitely use this live as long as you don't push the pedal too hard.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 21 2013, 09:49 AM
Yes, I got one. I think you'll like it.

The only thing is, it's better when playing on a real amp or through your headphones. The your guitar tone needs to drown out the ambient sound of the strings being strummed, because that discrepancy is a little weird.

So, if you're playing with a band or by yourself at band volume, or are using headphones, it works great!

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 21 2013, 09:49 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 22 2013, 06:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool, it does sound like my sort of thing. Definitely top of my list of stuff to get now biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 24 2013, 07:43 PM
Tone Seeker
hi bleezz check this i saw the demo in you tube and sounds great...

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 25 2013, 03:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys Im in the market for a Whammy DT pedal. if anyone happens to notice one on sale over the festive season please give me a shout smile.gif
The cheapest Ive seen at the moment is 184 GBP but I thought I'd hang back just incase one ends up in an xmas sale! probably wont but ya never know rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Dec 25 2013, 06:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Dec 25 2013, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 25 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Hey guys Im in the market for a Whammy DT pedal. if anyone happens to notice one on sale over the festive season please give me a shout smile.gif
The cheapest Ive seen at the moment is 184 GBP but I thought I'd hang back just incase one ends up in an xmas sale! probably wont but ya never know rolleyes.gif

Hey Bleez your link didn't work...although I looked it up and couldn't find it an cheaper than that price.

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 25 2013, 06:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Dec 25 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Hey Bleez your link didn't work...

thanks dude, my bad. fixed it now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 26 2013, 05:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I heard about these drop tuning pedals before, thanks for that demo. It does sound promising to my ears. I think such pedal can be extremely useful for home practicing to avoid drop tuning your guitar too often, if stuff you practice depends it. However, I don't see much use of it in record as it is obviously better to just downtune the guitar for that purpose. For live playing - that is a bit questionable too. I think it would be usable, depending on the scale of the gig (local school gig, bar, festival etc). The bigger the gig - the better onstage gear and sound is favorable. In smaller gigs the PA systems etc are not good enough to reproduce all the details in your sound so you can easily get away.

I think it is an exciting trend with these pedals that detect pitch (even when chords are played) - TC electronic polytune pedal for example feels very useful.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 7 2014, 03:45 PM
Exactly. To me, this are fun toys, but someone will come out with something 'better' in 6 months. I think it would just be better to buy a new guitar and dedicate it to a drop tuning.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 26 2013, 04:16 PM) *
I heard about these drop tuning pedals before, thanks for that demo. It does sound promising to my ears. I think such pedal can be extremely useful for home practicing to avoid drop tuning your guitar too often, if stuff you practice depends it. However, I don't see much use of it in record as it is obviously better to just downtune the guitar for that purpose. For live playing - that is a bit questionable too. I think it would be usable, depending on the scale of the gig (local school gig, bar, festival etc). The bigger the gig - the better onstage gear and sound is favorable. In smaller gigs the PA systems etc are not good enough to reproduce all the details in your sound so you can easily get away.

I think it is an exciting trend with these pedals that detect pitch (even when chords are played) - TC electronic polytune pedal for example feels very useful.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:00 PM