3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Top Ten Favorite Albums!, What are yours?
Isis
Oct 23 2008, 08:49 PM
GMC:er
I cant arrange them in order, but something like this:

Tool - Lateralus (This album is so good i get chills down my spine when i listen to it. The music is beyond this world, every band member is doing his part flawless and everything fits together perfectly. The lyrics and the meaning are so fucking beautiful and goes along perfect with the sound.)

Tool - Aenima (This is a much darker and hostile album than Lateralus, but its not just angry and stupid like many other bands. There's so much to dwell in to on this album, you find new things for every listen.)

Isis - Panopticon (It really showed that metal is capable of being more than just heavy and crushin, altough it has those parts aswell. The songwriting is excelent, each song is a journey on its own.)

Cult of Luna - The Beyond (This is one of the most brutal albums ive heard. It also have som calmer parts and the dynamic works very well.)

Neurosis - A sun that never sets (Another abum that sometimes gives me chills down my spine. It really shows what Neurosis are capable of, from pure devastation to calm and intense moments.)

Converge - Jane Doe (Its so intense and emotional. Jake's vocals are probably the most extreme kind of growling ive heard, but it fits perfectly with the rest of the music.)

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine (This is also a really heavy album, with great guitar work. The drumming is also excellent.)

Kyuss - Welcome to sky valley (The best stoner rock album ever. When I listen to this i wanna go to the nevada desert, have a cold beer and rock out tongue.gif.)

Boris - Heavy Rocks (This album IS rock'n'roll. Boris have an extreme diversity, but on this they really show that tey know the art of rocking out.)

Envy - Insomiac Doze (Another really emotional album. It combinesthe best parts of hardcore and post-rock. You cant fail with that formula.)

Edited for language by rokchik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Oct 25 2008, 12:43 AM
Reason for edit: Language
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 23 2008, 10:36 PM
The Dark Canuck
Tough question but here are a few that popped into my head right away.

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
Flogging Molly - Swagger
The Tragically Hip - Road Apples
Bob Marley - Legend
The Pogues - Rum Sodomy and the Lash
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Incubus - Morning View

I could go on and on but like I said these were the ones that popped in my head as I typed smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sigfridsson
Nov 1 2008, 12:51 AM
I tried listing them 1 to 10 but it was just too hard, in fact chosing my 10 favourite albums was a nightmare to begin with as I feel bad about leaving stuff out of the list!

Either way, below you will find 10 albums which are very important for me personally!

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden - Seventh son of a Seventh son
Agalloch - The Mantle
Dire straits - Dire straits
Pink Floyd - Darkside of the moon
Ulver - Perdition City
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
Kiss - Kiss
Dissection - Storm of the Light's bane
At the Gates - Slaughter of the soul

This post has been edited by Sigfridsson: Nov 5 2008, 10:13 PM

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Eclipse I CTM Full Thickness, Ibanez RG470 with EMG81/85 pickups.
Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT XL

+Quote Post
lespaul363
Nov 3 2008, 11:14 PM
1. Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - The Sex Pistols
2. The Dark Side of The Moon - Pink Floyd
3. Kill Em' All - Metallica
4. Tiger and the Duke - The Sound of Animals Fighting
5. The Blue Album - Weezer
6. Age of Winters - The Sword
7. Ameliorate - An Endless Sporadic
8. Avalon - Anthony Green
9. Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree
10. The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show - blink-182

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:03 AM