2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Celestion Vintage 30, Who Likes Them?
Joe Kataldo
May 22 2008, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Looks Like every one likes this speakers but me, I find them harsh, to my ears they have a too clear presence somewhere between 3k and 4k that really hurts my ears, I've tried a lots of cabs and I own some, but I still prefer my mesa 1x12 with celestion C90, what do you guys use and think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 22 2008, 05:00 PM
Instructor
I like the mid-range of the V30's, I guess you just need to find the right cab to compliment their sound smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Toni Suominen: May 22 2008, 05:01 PM

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 22 2008, 06:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I like Vintage30's for it's versatility, works for almost everything! I like it's strong mids a lot.

But for heavier tones I prefer a Marshall cab with GT75 speakers cool.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 22 2008, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Wewll I love mid, I've mid on 10 in my mark IV but I don't like clear brite sound, I like round and warm, and all the cab with vintage 30 I've tried up to date have the same clear presence, maybe is my amp that doesn't work well with it biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 22 2008, 09:10 PM
Instructor
it has a good mid rang quality

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 22 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Don't really know, cabinets are expensive here so didn't have the chance to try many of them for long periods in order to know what is good and what not. sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 22 2008, 10:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If it sounds like I imagine it (mids) , I would not be a big fan of it too smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Well I don't think they are suited for bass amp...are they?

--------------------

+Quote Post
USAMAN
May 23 2008, 12:26 AM
GMC:er
I'll take my sheffields over almost anything!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Is it a celestion?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 23 2008, 08:59 AM
Instructor
I love it !!!! I remember when I connected my rack in my local to a 4x12 Marshall with those V30... I seems absolute a different sound, and I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Celestion Vintage 30 are great

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Too clear and harsh to my ears, simply different opinions biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 23 2008, 10:05 AM
Instructor
One question Joe, you said that you've tried lot of cabinets... did you tried the CELESTION G12M GREENBACK 8OHM

http://www.thomann.de/es/celestion_g12m_gr...artner_id=68707

I want to buy a cabinet for my home (a 2x12) and I've read that those celestion greenback sound really good at low volume... any advices ???
Thanks mate.

Ah, for sure Mesa amps sounds great, bit I think I like more the V30 (I should need more time to try both together)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 11:13 AM
Instructor
yes some cabs, but most of them had vintage 30, greenback is what i want to try now me too biggrin.gif should be warmer and smother, with round high...the only problem is that they are 25 watt, and my amp is 90, so at least I'll need a 4x12, too big for my needs right now, so I'm looking at Electrovoice...I'll keep you updated biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: May 23 2008, 11:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 23 2008, 11:44 AM
Instructor
Thanks Joe wink.gif I'll go for the Vintage 30

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 23 2008, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Your welcome, check electrovoice too : wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 24 2008, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ May 23 2008, 05:05 AM) *
Ah, for sure Mesa amps sounds great, bit I think I like more the V30 (I should need more time to try both together)

It would be nice if there was a relatively inexpensive way to try gear out for good testing. I can listen to all kinds of recordings and Youtube videos for a certain piece of gear and get an OK idea of what it sounds like but unless you can hear it with your hands on your guitar thrugh your amp in your room, you're not going to really know how it sounds.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 24 2008, 07:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 24 2008, 01:37 AM) *
It would be nice if there was a relatively inexpensive way to try gear out for good testing. I can listen to all kinds of recordings and Youtube videos for a certain piece of gear and get an OK idea of what it sounds like but unless you can hear it with your hands on your guitar thrugh your amp in your room, you're not going to really know how it sounds.

yeah, that's difficult to try gear without bying it... of course you can go to a music shop but it's not the same than in you room with your effects and guitars. Well, you can buy something and if you don't like you can return it but it seems not to be a great idea tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 25 2008, 03:24 PM
Instructor
I download manual from internet before buy gear, so when I go to stores I know how to handles stuff and explore all the possibility biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
May 26 2008, 11:28 AM
Instructor
i agree with you joe... also the open back cabs make a difference - sweeter response.... and the construction of the cab.
EVM12L is a great speaker! I am getting 2 again myself as my old Mesa MKIV combo had one in it and it was a great smooth sound.
here are some reviews of the EV http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...ce/EVM-12L/10/1

nick

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:31 PM