> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Double Stop Ballad, Lesson By Javier Aviles
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

yoncopin
Jul 13 2016, 11:55 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Double Stop Ballad by Javier Aviles

This took a really long time to get to where I was happy with it. Really like the tune, thanks for your feedback!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2016, 04:10 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!

This lesson is so cool to play, it's very tasty and includes lots of cool double stop ideas. Your work on this lesson is very good. All the phrases sound clean in this video, and I think that there is just a bit to do to be able to play a take as good as the original. There are some elements that you could work or focus in order to achieve it.

- Tone: Some more attack, high mids could make your take sound more defined.

- Timing: Your timing is not bad but there are very moments in which your rush some notes of the licks.

- Vibrato and bending: Not bad but there is more room to adjust vibrato, and I've heard at least 2 bends that are not reaching the correct pitch.

- Dynamics: This is the element that your take is lacking more. Pay attention to how different intensities are achieved with the combination of pick and fingers in the original lesson.

That's all by now. My grade will be good because the take is good. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 15 2016, 11:32 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

That's a really lovely take over this lesson smile.gif In my opinion your timing is descent - you only loose control over it at the moments you hesitate where to put your fingers. I bet it's just a matter of getting even more familiar with the lesson. This point is called "fingers memory" and it gives us the ability to fully focus on dynamics and timing. For my taste your dynamics are fine - yes you could increase them even more (like Gab has pointed) but they are fine the way they are and your take is far from being flat smile.gif Truly enjoyed listening to it.

About the tone. I like your match. You use a humbucker pickup which has some limits in treble response and once you cross the limit it starts to sound harsh rather than "bottle" start-like. I bet having a single coil loaded guitar would completely do the job on the tone you have at the moment.

There are spots with some flaws...like the harmonics but I can easily notice how much work you done to make it sound like it does.

One more thing...let the notes ring as long as possibler...you tend to cut ends of notes and it tends to make your playing sound a bit "cut off". I know it's totally different skill but it matters.

Sidenote:

Guitar is a nasty instrument in case of tuning. It is really worth to give extra minutes for tuning process to reach a compromise for open string and fretted notes. At some pointed the pitch is not 100% correct but let's say it's among the tolerance scale for a live performance, not necessary for a studio recording. Just give it a shott next time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2016, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is a really good take. There's a lot going on in this lesson so I imagine it must have taken quite a while to get it memorised!?

The guys have made some important points which not only I agree with but I can't add to. Your technique throughout is great. You're doing everything right, the only mistakes were just minor fluffs that have no bearing on your actual ability.

It's always going to be hard to get a bell-like Strat tone without a single coil axe. You've got the right idea with the neck pickup and your tone isn't bad at all here. Very tasteful.

Good work!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 20 2016, 11:43 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:32 AM