Change Your Username?, can you?
stratman33
Apr 27 2007, 09:29 PM
GMC:er
Is it possible to change your username?because i dont even play a strat anymore......

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Robin
Apr 28 2007, 12:51 AM
You can change your forum name.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 28 2007, 02:36 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 27 2007, 07:51 PM) *
You can change your forum name.

how?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 28 2007, 04:04 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 27 2007, 08:36 PM) *
how?

I am highly doubtful that is possible. Oh, it is theoretically possible, however I doubt this forum has a utility that would allow it.

In technical terms, things that they generally let you change are independent, such as avatar. Some field in the database has the name of the image file you uploaded, and that is found wherever those are stored. Change the name of the file, it fetches a different file. No dependencies.

However your user name is probably the root of all dependencies. I doubt you can do that from the site, and not sure that even kris has a utility to do the database maintenance to make that change.

So you are stratman33 forever. Unless you register under a new name when your subscription expires. I am thinking of changing mine that way (unless somebody corrects me, and tells me that I am full of it, you can change your user name).

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 28 2007, 04:10 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 27 2007, 03:29 PM) *
Is it possible to change your username?because i dont even play a strat anymore......

Most likely the forum administrator would be the only person that COULD change your user name. That is if they wanted to. That is why I always just use my real initials and last name on all the forums I visit. Those are the only things about me that are not likely to ever change.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 28 2007, 04:16 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Apr 27 2007, 10:10 PM) *
Most likely the forum administrator would be the only person that COULD change your user name. That is if they wanted to. That is why I always just use my real initials and last name on all the forums I visit. Those are the only things about me that are not likely to ever change.

I have done that also. The reason I have, is well, it reminds me to be civil, people could figure out who I am.
When you take a name like "SpacePineapple" or something, there is a tendency to take on a new persona, and I not sure that is all that healthy to tell you the truth.

But, I have started to be a bit concerned about security issues with my real name. Not sure that there are any, but not sure that there are not.

Oh, I noticed you are from Springfield. Tiger fan? Jayhawk here. Looks like we lost Rush to NBA. Probably.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 28 2007, 04:19 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 28 2007, 10:01 AM
Yes it is possible, I have a friend on GMC that have done that. I dont know how though, try to look around in your profile options.

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 28 2007, 02:35 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 27 2007, 10:16 PM) *
Oh, I noticed you are from Springfield. Tiger fan? Jayhawk here. Looks like we lost Rush to NBA. Probably.

Not into hoops too much here, I shoot a few from time to time but that is about it. I am more of an NFL (Chiefs), MLB (Cards) guy. We have the Cardinals AA affiliate here and those games are always a good time. Now my son is a different story, he eats, sleeps, walks and talks hoops all the time.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 28 2007, 04:24 PM
GMC Founder
Members cannot do this as it is now - spontaneously I feel that it is better this way as it would be quite messy if people started changing their names...

And by the way - I think stratman is a cool name, so no worries! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:00 AM