> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Chocolate Thunda's Practice Plans, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2014, 10:18 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army!

Here I will help you to design your guitar routines and plans based on your goals as guitarist and musician. In order to make this work together more precise I will need you to share all the info possible about your, your guitar playing and your connection with the music.

These are some thing that I would like to know:

- Musical tastes, influences.
- Years of playing.
- Strong points, weak points.
- Theory knowledge
- Compositions?
- Experience with live playing
- Experience at the studio
- You guitar / music goals?
- Do you have any videos of you playing? (share them here!)
- What are you currently working on?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChocolateThunda
Oct 9 2014, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
Hi!

Thanks for the thread buddy. I'll get straight to the point and answer your questions below!

- Musical tastes, influences.

I usually say I love a bit of everything, which is true, but if I have to be honest, my true music taste is progressive rock/metal.
My fav bands are Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Dream Theater, Yes, Spock's beard, that kinda stuff.
I also love Joe Satriani, Devin Townsend, Joe Bonamassa, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Metallica, all that kinda stuff.
I also love Trance music but I don't know how that is relevant to this sorta stuff tongue.gif

- Years of playing.
I first got a guitar when I was about 10, but I never played it or took it seriously. Whenever someone asks I always say I've been playing a year, because about this time last year is when I started to really want to get serious about my guitar.

- Strong points, weak points.
I'm not really sure - I think I have a natural ability for timing (Altho I suck with a metronome, I really want to learn how to use one)
I also have a good ear for hearing sweet notes
Everything else, I think I suck but if you want specifics: Theory (I'm a total newbie), technique(I can play a lot of stuff, but my technique just isn't cutting it for the more advanced stuff) & finding notes on the fretboard (I've said this before, but I really struggle to see the whole fretboard when playing a scale)

- Theory knowledge
I know the modes and I know the pentatonic boxes - meaning I know each mode pattern on the bottom E string. This is something I really want to get down so I can learn to improvise over anything. Apart from that, my theory sucks.

- Compositions?
I'll be honest I haven't written anything since I was about 12/13, but I did save it and here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqF-KnV2d7g
Ignore the stupid stuff, I was a lot younger tongue.gif

- Experience with live playing
I've only ever played live once.

- Experience at the studio
None I'm afraid, never had the opportunity.

- You guitar / music goals?
I have a lot of ideas in my head, I just want to be able to compose them and play them.
That being said, I also want to be versatile and have a good strong technique as well as a knowledge of what I'm playing.

- Do you have any videos of you playing? (share them here!)
Not yet, but I can try and get one taken!

- What are you currently working on?
At the moment I'm currently just doing unstructured practice and basically doing a few lessons here and there from GMC trying to figure out why I'm not REALLY getting any better lol!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from ya!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2014, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Interesting stuff! Thanks for all this info. I will help you to design weekly routines that make you polish your technique, take it to a new level, and develop your ear, theory and connection between mind and guitar in order to become more skilled composer. Based on your comments and answers, those are the main goals that I would set.

I wonder which are the lessons that you are currently practicing and if you can share here a video playing some of them, just to see you playing a bit and now where you are now regarding technique. Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChocolateThunda
Oct 14 2014, 06:11 PM
I will sure do that - can you possibly point me in the right direction for thgat kinda stuff? I've actually never done it before so I have no idea what I'm doing haha!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2014, 10:24 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Sure, let me know how I can guide you and I'll do it. Do you need help with recording and editing video?

If you were referring to choose a lesson to learn and record I think that this one would be a good idea:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nner-solo-in-d/

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChocolateThunda
Oct 15 2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks for that - lovely wee solo. I'll learn that - and I defo need advice on recording and editing video! I could simply record on my phone, but I'm not sure the quality of sound would be great. Any advice would be aweomse! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2014, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Great! Please check out this video:

and also this thread:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52512

and let me know if you have some questions. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChocolateThunda
Oct 19 2014, 03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL-klqKQb1Q

Here you go - I tried the method you suggested but was getting bad latency issues that Ive not figured out how to sort yet, so I just used my phone.

There are some parts of this that I, my self, already know is out of tune and stuff but I'm very hung over today and I had to get it done tongue.gif Thanks again

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2014, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for this video! This quality is enough for working here. Then, you'll want to continue experimenting to make your videos sound better but we can start working right now with this quality.

Your take is really good. It has some little details to adjust to be a perfect take. This is a small list of things to improve:

- Vibrato Your vibrato is not bad but it would be more consistent and defined. Sometimes is a bit week, and irregular. The best way to practice this technique is playing along with the lessons and trying to imitate the instructor's playing.

- Pitch issues: There are some moments were the pitch is not perfectly in tune. I hear something weird at 00:17, and the following bends at 00:18 and 00:23. The bend at 00:36 is also a bit off.

- Timing: The tapping section is not totally tight.

- The sweep picking section has a wrong note, please re-check the tab there.

You have a very good current level, very promising. It's time to start designing your first guitar routine.

I was thinking on a plan similar to this one:

WARMING UP

ALTERNATE PICKING

LEGATO

PHRASING

THEORY & COMPOSITION

What do you say? Is there any other technique that you'd like to include this first week? and also, could you tell me if you have some GMC lessons that you'd like to suggest for this first routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChocolateThunda
Oct 20 2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks Gab,

Yes I also noticed those issues that you mentioned (I've played this song better, but I wanted to take a raw take, and not make it perfect because that would be useless for you, I want to be able to play it perfectly every time).

As for the plan - Maybe we could add some stand alone Vibrato stuff? I really want to get vibrato down because I feel it's very important. If my vibrato was better the whole song would sound better.

As for lessons on GMC - I'm not sure to be honest, I'll have a look for sure, but if you know of any good ones feel free to put those forward! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:38 PM