Ritmo Latino Collaboration, With a dancing groove to it. SIGN UP THREAD
Daniel Realpe
Dec 16 2009, 01:27 AM
Instructor
Hi GMC-ers!

Welcome to a new collaboration. This time compose or improvise a solo over this latin rhythm:

Attached File  Ritmo_Latino_collaboration.mp3 ( 955.84K ) Number of downloads: 330

The chords that appear are:

E7 - Am - F

So a Am harmonic, E7 dominant scales and arpeggios would work perfectly. Experiment with rhythm and phrasing. In other words, do what you feel!

Deadline: extended to January 5th, 2010!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Daniel Realpe: Dec 19 2009, 01:06 AM

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 16 2009, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 15 2009, 07:27 PM) *
Hi GMC-ers!

Welcome to a new collaboration. This time compose or improvise a solo over this latin rhythm:

Attached File  Ritmo_Latino_collaboration.mp3 ( 955.84K ) Number of downloads: 330

The chords that appear are:

E7 - Am - F

So a Am harmonic, E7 dominant scales and arpeggios would work perfectly. Experiment with rhythm and phrasing. In other words, do what you feel!

Deadline: December 29th

Wow daniel! great backing track! can i join smile.gif!?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 16 2009, 06:29 PM
Instructor
yeah, join in! it'd be great!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 16 2009, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
Well, what do you know? My favourite Realpe composition. This should be a little easier since you have kindly provided the chord progression beforehand. My ear is still a tad on the rusty side ... smile.gif Any chance you could extend the deadline for a week further? I bet you would get more participants as the current deadline is about when most people's REC submission would be due for the month of December. I might even be able to join if you did so? wink.gif

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 16 2009, 09:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Dec 16 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Well, what do you know? My favourite Realpe composition. This should be a little easier since you have kindly provided the chord progression beforehand. My ear is still a tad on the rusty side ... smile.gif Any chance you could extend the deadline for a week further? I bet you would get more participants as the current deadline is about when most people's REC submission would be due for the month of December. I might even be able to join if you did so? wink.gif

hey daniel did my take in no time, hope it's cool, dont really tough on scales here it, just tried to follow the melody and what i heard in my head, hope im the right key hahaha biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  latinguitar.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 186
Attached File  latinmix.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 169

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 16 2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds pretty cool to me ... Great stuff, Adrian! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 16 2009, 11:00 PM
Instructor
thanks bro smile.gif!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 19 2009, 01:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Dec 16 2009, 09:38 PM) *
hey daniel did my take in no time, hope it's cool, dont really tough on scales here it, just tried to follow the melody and what i heard in my head, hope im the right key hahaha biggrin.gif

Great take! Lots of Santana feel to it,

I think you are in the right key biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Neurologi @ Dec 16 2009, 06:45 PM) *

That's true, I'll extend the deadline one week more so you have more time to participate,

This is one of those rhythms where you can easily improvize over, I guess it's because there's only two chords mainly going on,

Thanks for the input smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 19 2009, 04:50 PM
Great! In that case I am in! Somebody has to represent the gringo community after all! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:35 AM