Rec Programm
superize
Apr 23 2009, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I really like the idea with the REC programm but i now feel that the instructors has lost interest a bit.

In the beginning it would take a max of two days to get 5-6 ratings on a lesson now i have had a lesson up for almost a week and it only has 3 rankings so far..... I have seen instructors rating some takes but they skip the rest.....

I now that the instructors might be busy but if you dont rank the lessons we members upload whats the point with this..... It makes me loose interest if i know that it will take a very long time to get my videos ranked....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Frederik
Apr 23 2009, 08:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have been wanting to make a topic like this for days. I REALLY like the point of the REC program, but the lacking of ratings makes me loose motivation. i know there are a lot of uploads, but i wont take to much time to rate them, and to me it would be funny.
I think there should be a way that the instructors would be more encouraged to rate the takes

-Frederik

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 23 2009, 08:46 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Guys, instructors can't be here 24h a day and eagerly wait for our takes in REC. Of course the problem is growing as there are more and more takes unrated, and now it could take more 1-2 hours to grade all the submissions that could be graded, and it isn't so easy to just find an hour to sit and grade all those. I would be happier if my takes would be graded in 1-2 days, but if it takes two weeks than okay, honest and informative feedback is worth waiting:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 23 2009, 08:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 23 2009, 09:46 AM) *
Guys, instructors can't be here 24h a day and eagerly wait for our takes in REC. Of course the problem is growing as there are more and more takes unrated, and now it could take more 1-2 hours to grade all the submissions that could be graded, and it isn't so easy to just find an hour to sit and grade all those. I would be happier if my takes would be graded in 1-2 days, but if it takes two weeks than okay, honest and informative feedback is worth waiting:)

I just hope the waiting isnt gonna be in wain, i guees this is what this post is all about. a tendensy that shouldnt continue

-Frederik

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 23 2009, 09:02 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well, You are right, motivation suffers from that. Well lets hope everything will work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 23 2009, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 23 2009, 09:46 AM) *

The thing i really dont like is that i see instructors rate some takes but but miss the rest....Ok if you only have time to rate 3-4 vids at a time but i really want them to come bck later to rate some of the other vids when they have the time....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 23 2009, 10:02 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well we all have different tastes, some things may not interest us, some lessons are recorded quite often so there is less interest in checking them out. An obligation to rate all the takes, not just some of them in current situation means, that none will grade anything, because it would take big amount of time.... The problem is not that an instructor rate few videos and don't rate others, but that most instructors don't rate at all, and the amount of takes to be graded is constantly growing. We have so many instructors that if half of them would rate one video per day or per two days there wouldn't be any problem with "fluent" grading of REC.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Apr 23 2009, 10:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 23 2009, 12:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just saw pedja on his way rating alot of the takes (and bringing down the overtime increased burden of work) tongue.gif NICE
and yes. its all about makeing the rec-rating fluid, so there wont be alot of vidoe unrating and thereby making the work burden too large

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 23 2009, 12:28 PM
Instructor
Guys I felt bad when I read all your responses here.
When REC started average was taken from 4 or 5 ratings. At that time everybody was rating (including myself) and I couldn't even get chance to rate some lessons because instructors would rate before me sad.gif
Now that has changed and there is no limit with instructors rating REC smile.gif
I was surprised to see that there were only few ratings for all the new videos. I take blame for my part, I will definitely check it every day from now on and rate your takes.
Please just don't feel discouraged, if there is no rating for your take that doesn't mean you should stop practicing and improving (and vice versa). If you want to speed things up you can shoot me PM when you submit your take since I get notifications instantly in my yahoo mailbox, so I can check it and rate it faster that way.

Thanks guys and sorry for the delay on my part !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 23 2009, 12:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice Pedja biggrin.gif ty for taking ur time

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 23 2009, 02:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I am also going to try and keep bumping the older ones up as to keep them in sight so to speak. They will get graded guys so don't get frustrated.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 23 2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Frederik @ Apr 23 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Nice Pedja biggrin.gif ty for taking ur time

You welcome Frederik, my pleasure man.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:12 PM