2 Pages V  < 1 2  
February 2009 3 Level Challenges, Theme for the month "Ivan Milenkovic"
Artemus
Feb 27 2009, 04:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Well, I was going to enter but I submit to defeat! I only found out about this the other day and I can't get it up to speed. Not cleanly anyhow and I'm not about to embarrass myself.. so good luck to everyone else.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artemus
Feb 27 2009, 10:06 PM
Fine - so I'll embarrass myself.. Here:

I think it's a few bpm slower than 60 and I'm well aware that I made a hash of some of the alternate picking and the second legato bit, and the timing's a bit out and the note clarity is pretty bad and... well it's rubbish! But I had a go blink.gif
I'll carry on learning this since I only started on it the other day and it's lovely so I'll post a better upload soon wink.gif
Ivan: This is a beautiful, soulful piece and very good interpretation of Moore's style - my sincere apologies for butchering it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 27 2009, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Awesome takes so far guys, really nicely played! Thanks for playing these lessons, it is really inspiring for me to hear your takes! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 27 2009, 11:53 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`ll leave this open for another day and start the poll on Sunday smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 27 2009, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Artemus @ Feb 27 2009, 05:06 PM) *

I think it's a few bpm slower than 60 and I'm well aware that I made a hash of some of the alternate picking and the second legato bit, and the timing's a bit out and the note clarity is pretty bad and... well it's rubbish! But I had a go blink.gif
I'll carry on learning this since I only started on it the other day and it's lovely so I'll post a better upload soon wink.gif
Ivan: This is a beautiful, soulful piece and very good interpretation of Moore's style - my sincere apologies for butchering it.

You did a much better job than I did Artemus! and I think so far your the only one thats completed the advanced challenge? good work dude

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 28 2009, 09:18 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Artemus @ Feb 27 2009, 10:06 PM) *

hey Artemus
i guess thats not embarrassing at all, i would be happy if i could play it like this wink.gif
in my eyes thats really good played

cheers
Harry

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 1 2009, 01:26 AM
Instructor
Harry is right mate, and there's no need to be too hard on yourself - you did great! Also all other takes are great, and I'm really glad to see this many entries, considering you have to take some time to record them. Great job guys, can't wait for a poll! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 2 2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys - I will do a better take as soon as I can. For the record - I'm harder on myself than anyone. If anything is shy of perfection I'm not happy..

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:36 AM