A Paradox On Earth, Anyone have this problem?
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2009, 11:21 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I have this really weird problem, When I record, The harder something is, the quicker I get it done, and get it done right. For example, one song I have, has a pretty tough tapping/ sweeping lick thats all legato so you have to mute all the strings just right, took me like an hour to get it.

Yet, in another song, there could be a simple 4 chord progression and it will take me HOURS to get it right, Even a day or two.

Anyone else have this happen to them, it really kind makes me frustrated sometimes, And it makes zero sense laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 22 2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 22 2009, 11:21 PM) *
I have this really weird problem, When I record, The harder something is, the quicker I get it done, and get it done right.

Yes that's what happens to me. When we play live we don't really think of that smile.gif In studio you have to be precise like a machine because any little scratch is going to ruin it. When playing fast stuff those little noises are not that hearable. I have a big problem when recording strumming. I need to make every chord with the right amount of attack while keeping that nice flow. Many things to concentrate on but that's just how it is.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
vampire18
Jul 22 2009, 11:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
omg, im so glad you posted this, i didnt understand whats happening to me why hard things are easier to record and i really thoght i was the only one who had this problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 22 2009, 11:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Jul 22 2009, 11:41 PM) *
omg, im so glad you posted this, i didnt understand whats happening to me why hard things are easier to record and i really thoght i was the only one who had this problem.

No man, that's just normal. Most skilled players go through the same thing smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 22 2009, 11:53 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Happens to me too. I think it's because a simpler thing you won't practice as much so you'll be able to play it but you won't be so familiar with it. Something you have to practice a lot you'll be really familiar with when you manage to play it.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2009, 12:08 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I always figured it was cause Im retarded or something laugh.gif

+Quote Post
oikonen
Jul 23 2009, 12:21 PM
GMC:er
Haa, when i make some simple backings they are really frustrating me. All lead playing and soloing goes like knife to the butter but the simple ones, Huh huh. I think that i don't wont *any* kind of additional noises (like neighbours gerbil farting) to taken and i want always play it whole with one take. So it's not only your problem.

--------------------

Blue Steel
- Wiggle your big toe -

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 23 2009, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Happens indeed!
Chords need lot of care when recording. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 23 2009, 05:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah this is same for me...I guess we tend to underestimate simple parts and when we hit the red button its a problem smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:07 AM