3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Intermediate Bushido Task 2
Ben Higgins
Feb 3 2012, 12:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Feb 3 2012, 10:35 AM) *
My subscription ended sad.gif
So no recordings from me for a while now, can't afford it at this time...
I'll be browsing the forums every now and then, to check how are you guys progressing

Cheers

-Teemu

Oh, sorry to hear that Teemu. You'll have to subscribe again because you'll see that life without The Temple of Guitar Bushido is just not the same ! ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 3 2012, 12:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 3 2012, 10:37 AM) *
That last pattern put my fingers in knots.

This week will be hard I've got less free time to practice than last week and I have to try and nail the solo for Lincoln Brewster - Everlasting God for church Sunday morning

Lincoln Brewster is awesome! Great song too!! His solo's are so tasty, he knows how to play a Strat for sure!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 4 2012, 07:04 PM
GMC:er
So, mainly I should be like this doing this lesson:-

Instead of which I am more like this:-

And all because of this person:-

Basically, I am really struggling with this one but I haven't given up yet!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 4 2012, 08:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 4 2012, 06:04 PM) *
So, mainly I should be like this doing this lesson:-

Instead of which I am more like this:-

And all because of this person:-

Basically, I am really struggling with this one but I haven't given up yet!!!

Relax, Captain... be more like this...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 4 2012, 08:39 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm going to have to duck out of this weeks, I've been asked to play at a wedding next weekend, so I'll be rehearsing the songs for that all week.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 4 2012, 09:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 4 2012, 07:39 PM) *
I'm going to have to duck out of this weeks, I've been asked to play at a wedding next weekend, so I'll be rehearsing the songs for that all week.

Ok PB. You know, of course, that as a token I have to break one finger and one toe but I'm sure you're cool with that ph34r.gif

I hope the gig goes well.. should be real fun if it's a wedding too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 4 2012, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 4 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Relax, Captain... be more like this...

Attached Image

In my head I am very much like that!! Unfortunately the rest of me, especially my hands aren't!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 8 2012, 01:41 AM
Ben, as much as I've tried, I really won't be able to post a representative version of this lesson. Not joking, but I've really struggled with this, even at low tempo's. I'm getting all tied up in knots with it, which does help me focus on what needs to be worked on but I'm an old dog and we do need more time to learn new tricks! It's all to do with the left/right synch, actually it's more to do with the left hand finger movement which is no where near as independent/responsive as it should be (or once was!!), mind you I've only ever been a rhythm dude with some pents thrown in so at least I'm learning something!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 11:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 8 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Ben, as much as I've tried, I really won't be able to post a representative version of this lesson. Not joking, but I've really struggled with this, even at low tempo's. I'm getting all tied up in knots with it, which does help me focus on what needs to be worked on but I'm an old dog and we do need more time to learn new tricks! It's all to do with the left/right synch, actually it's more to do with the left hand finger movement which is no where near as independent/responsive as it should be (or once was!!), mind you I've only ever been a rhythm dude with some pents thrown in so at least I'm learning something!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No worries SJ.. it's not all going to be like this so there will be something which you can can grab and say 'Haha, this is MY zone, bee-atch !' cool.gif

But like you said, all this pushing out of your normal playing area can only benefit the old fingaz ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Feb 8 2012, 03:20 PM
here is my take smile.gif

i couldnt satisfied at 100 bpm so i recorded it at 90 bpm. at 100 bpm ending part really gave me headache :/

Attached File  take.mp3 ( 625.78K ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Feb 8 2012, 02:20 PM) *

i couldnt satisfied at 100 bpm so i recorded it at 90 bpm. at 100 bpm ending part really gave me headache :/

Hey DF, that's really good ! How did you find those left hand patterns.. like a maze ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 8 2012, 04:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Feb 8 2012, 02:20 PM) *

Awesome man! Hahaha, this one is TOUGH.

I'm going to record mine on my lunch break today so I'll have it up in a couple hours although mine will be at a slower tempo than this one. I'm not sure exactly what the bpm is but I'm playing it fairly reasonably at 75% tempo right now. I'll try and record it around 80% then keep working until I master it at full speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 8 2012, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 8 2012, 10:58 AM) *
No worries SJ.. it's not all going to be like this so there will be something which you can can grab and say 'Haha, this is MY zone, bee-atch !' cool.gif

But like you said, all this pushing out of your normal playing area can only benefit the old fingaz ! wink.gif

Exactly!
I'm still going to use this one and am still using the last one to get me further, who knows.....one day I may be able to play them both one after another!!!!
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 8 2012, 07:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sensei,

My take is coming soon smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 8 2012, 07:13 PM
Tone Seeker
75 bpm is my best at the moment. http://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/guitar-bushido-task-2

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 8 2012, 07:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's my take at 80 bpm. This was a hair burner for me. Fingers are very uncomfortable doing these patterns but I've actually made significant progress since we started last week as far as comfort goes. The 1-3-4/4-3-1 pattern was extremely tough for me before but now it seems to feel as natural as the 1-2-4/4-2-1 pattern. If I had another week I could probably get to full speed but this will be one I will continue with on my own.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  task2.mp3 ( 602.86K ) Number of downloads: 117

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Feb 8 2012, 06:13 PM) *

Good stuff Wee Pee ! Notice that when you play at a slower tempo it is quite easy to slightly rush ahead in front of the beat. So, even when playing slower, strong synch and timing are still important. Thanks for your take ph34r.gif

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 8 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Here's my take at 80 bpm. This was a hair burner for me. Fingers are very uncomfortable doing these patterns but I've actually made significant progress since we started last week as far as comfort goes. The 1-3-4/4-3-1 pattern was extremely tough for me before but now it seems to feel as natural as the 1-2-4/4-2-1 pattern. If I had another week I could probably get to full speed but this will be one I will continue with on my own.

Really good effort here ! Nice crisp, muted notes. (sounds like I'm talking about money..) Yes, one of the main reasons I chose this was to get people breaking out of the usual patterns and trying the kind of labyrinth finger movements you find in classical music smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 01:22 PM
Instructor
Task 3 is up now Guys !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42939

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 9 2012, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I was going to upload my take for the lesson last night but i couldent upload it to youtube for some reason but i will try again today

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 9 2012, 02:44 PM) *
I was going to upload my take for the lesson last night but i couldent upload it to youtube for some reason but i will try again today

Ok Ize I look forward to it ! Knowing you, it's gonna be good wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 PM