Rock Band, a 360 game
Nick325
Nov 21 2007, 09:13 PM
GMC:er
idk if anyone heard about this game but it just came out yesterday and it looks pretty cool. its like guitar hero but with added drums bass n vocals. i also think its cool because u cant start a band on xbox live.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 09:14 PM
ehh... from what ive seen, theres no hammer-ons or pull-offs, the bass drum pedal sticks, and the vocals screw up alot...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 21 2007, 09:18 PM
Damn, really? People should start playing with real instruments instead wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 21 2007, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 21 2007, 11:18 PM) *
Damn, really? People should start playing with real instruments instead wacko.gif

indeed...

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 21 2007, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 21 2007, 02:18 PM) *

yeah. I dont know why people waste their time on stuff like this. Sorry if i offend anyone, but its the truth imo.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 09:22 PM
well they say that if you can play the drums on the "hard" difficulty setting, u can play real drums! (doubt it)

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Nick325
Nov 21 2007, 09:22 PM
ya i agree its 10000000000000000000000X better but people r to lazy and want to be video game geeks but i think those games can be fun sometimes

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 21 2007, 09:23 PM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Nov 21 2007, 02:22 PM) *
ya i agree its 10000000000000000000000X better but people r to lazy and want to be video game geeks but i think those games can be fun sometimes

yeah, they're fun and thats very good. But then they wonder why they never really got to be like their idols.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Nov 21 2007, 09:26 PM
theres some people who take it to the extreme n go to like tournaments its funny

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 21 2007, 09:28 PM
Why playing fake instruments when you can play real ones, i mean, i have much more fun playing a real instrument than a fake video game instrument, but thats just me, i think people play these fake stuff because it makes them sounds like they re good... tongue.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 21 2007, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Gen @ Nov 21 2007, 02:28 PM) *
Why playing fake instruments when you can play real ones, i mean, i have much more fun playing a real instrument than a fake video game instrument, but thats just me, i think people play these fake stuff because it makes them sounds like they re good... tongue.gif

i couldn't agree more. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 21 2007, 09:49 PM
I was never interested in "Guitar Hero" or any of these type of games; I figured why would I want to play a pretend guitar when I can play my real one. Some friends of mine from work had a get-together a few weeks ago, and out came the XBox and Guitar Hero (none of these friends play guitar...they are all computer geeks). So I got down off my high-horse long enough to give it a try...

I had a blast with it! Sure playing a real guitar kicks ass on any type of video game, but in this instance I have to admit that I really had a lot of fun. Of course, I went home that night and started learning some of the same songs on my real guitar. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Joey
Nov 21 2007, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (Gen @ Nov 21 2007, 02:28 PM) *

idk i could play on songs on hard the first time i played guitar hero its not that hard if you play real guitar and its entertaining in its own way. most people that play guitar hero find it appealing because they love video games and they love playing guitar. probably only 10% of the people ive played against dont play real guitar. why do you guys diss on guitar hero so much lol

QUOTE (ActiveX @ Nov 21 2007, 02:49 PM) *
Of course, I went home that night and started learning some of the same songs on my real guitar. smile.gif

yeah i did that too lol

black magic woman
the metal
lay down

just a few tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Nov 21 2007, 09:55 PM
Well that's a dumb argument Gen. Why play games like Hitman when you can just go out and do it in real life? Why play drag racing games when you can do it in real life? People play music based games because they're fun, plain and simple. Believe it or not some people don't want to make the commitment of actually taking years to learn an instrument. Be a little more open minded eh?

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
Joey
Nov 21 2007, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (Mark Schiewe @ Nov 21 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Well that's a dumb argument Gen. Why play games like Hitman when you can just go out and do it in real life? Why play drag racing games when you can do it in real life? People play music based games because they're fun, plain and simple. Believe it or not some people don't want to make the commitment of actually taking years to learn an instrument. Be a little more open minded eh?

good point. i couldnt have said it better biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 21 2007, 10:00 PM
QUOTE (Mark Schiewe @ Nov 21 2007, 09:55 PM) *

Yeah that's true, although it's way cooler to be able to play a real instrument, be a real hitman etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 21 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Joey @ Nov 21 2007, 11:53 PM) *
idk i could play on songs on hard the first time i played guitar hero its not that hard if you play real guitar and its entertaining in its own way. most people that play guitar hero find it appealing because they love video games and they love playing guitar. probably only 10% of the people ive played against dont play real guitar. why do you guys diss on guitar hero so much lol

Just because instead of playing both guitar hero and real guitar, you could just focus on real guitar, it will probably bring you more, and as much fun as guitar hero tongue.gif
I actually play some video games, but i cant play a guitar video game without thinking that i better have to play real guitar. (well, its the same thing with other video games tongue.gif but still..) I just dont see the point to play fake instruments.... that is just MY opinion. smile.gif

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 21 2007, 10:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well, each to there own is what I always say. Whatever you enjoy (within reason of course wink.gif ).
If people enjoy playing these games, then thats great! Of course I would prefer to see someone learn to play or sing for real, but many dont wont to so its cool they have fun! smile.gif

I personally would rather spend 3 hours a day hunched over my lovely guitar!! But my mate likes his Xbox and doesnt really want to play a guitar, but he enjoys guitar hero etc so its all good! smile.gif

When hes playing buckethead on hard level, i can at least say I have tried some of those licks for real wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 21 2007, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (Mark Schiewe @ Nov 21 2007, 11:55 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif pretty fun, that made my day laugh.gif
you cannot comparate music with killing( wich is the main goal in hitman), its just ridiculous...and for the racing games, well..i doubt that everyone could do it in real life...music is just much more accessible.
I believe that some people dont want to take years to learn an instrument, but what i wanted to say its just that instead of wasting all those hours on fake instruments, they could have reached a huge level on real ones....im not telling anyone what to do, as long as they have fun, its cool....as i said, it is just MY opinion.

This post has been edited by Gen: Nov 21 2007, 10:27 PM

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 21 2007, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (Gen @ Nov 21 2007, 03:24 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif pretty fun, that made my day laugh.gif
you cannot comparate music with killing( wich is the main goal in hitman), its just ridiculous...

i was gonna say that, and Gen is very right. you cannot compare music with killing... mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:33 PM