Add Fx Loop To Cube 60 ?, Is it possible?
erik
Dec 22 2008, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Hey, my only amp is a Roland Cube 60, and I happen to like the cube's distortion better than my distortion pedal. So the thing is I have an EQ-pedal and a Chorus pedal which I would like to place in an effect loop.. Cause theese don't work to well being placed before the distortion in the chain..

Is this possible? I would figure it would be as easy as cutting the wire going from the pre amp to the power amp and adding jack plugs.. But I don't know where this cable is (or is it even a cable doing that?) and if this would damage the amp.

Please help smile.gif

-Erik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 22 2008, 10:56 PM
Instructor
I would say don't try to do this kind of modification mate, you can easily get your costs big, or in worst case damage the amp. If you said you have some kind of great tube amp and wanna implement the option I would understand, but on Cube 60 it's not worth to invest in such a project. It's your choice in the end mate, I'm giving you my opinion on the matter. If you do wanna get this done I advise checking with some guitar tech first and asking him about the costs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 22 2008, 11:15 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 22 2008, 10:56 PM) *
I would say don't try to do this kind of modification mate, you can easily get your costs big, or in worst case damage the amp. If you said you have some kind of great tube amp and wanna implement the option I would understand, but on Cube 60 it's not worth to invest in such a project. It's your choice in the end mate, I'm giving you my opinion on the matter. If you do wanna get this done I advise checking with some guitar tech first and asking him about the costs.

I agree, it's not worth the effort and the cost for this amp.

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 22 2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I'm not planning on taking it to a shop and have someone else do it. I am just checking to see if it's possible to do it at home

This post has been edited by erik: Dec 22 2008, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 22 2008, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Do you have any experience with the amps electronics mate?

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 22 2008, 11:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 23 2008, 12:37 AM
no, but I have some friends who works as elecritian interns.. But really I was just checking to see if there's a tutorial around or if any of you guys could explain how to do it. Who knows, it might not be that hard

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 23 2008, 10:58 AM
I had an engineer to remod my amp.
I wouldn't do it myself.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 23 2008, 11:56 AM
Instructor
I would really advise against it mate, but as I see you are really up for the idea, you can contact the Roland support team and ask them if it is possible to do it at all. I don't think it will require only to cut one wire and solder in the jacks, it doesn't work that way. I think some electronics components might be needed in order to work properly, and who knows how you gonna put that in the housing.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 23 2008, 11:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Moderation Policy Director
In theory, it could be as simple as cutting a wire and putting in jack plugs (actually it would be more like cutting a PCB track which would be a lot harder. If you can get the schematics, an electronics guy could figure out where to put the loop.

And as Ivan says, although the simplest effects loops are just what I said above, better amps have buffered effects loops which makes them more immune to hum and signal degradation,. so doing it the way above might work but is unlikely to be optimal, and you could end up introducing a lot more hum and other nasty stuff if you weren't careful.

I just checked the schematic though:

http://www.schematics.ca/modules/PDdownloa...tic_diagram.gif

and it has a pre out and a main in already - this is basically an effects loop!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:55 PM