> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
ClaudioStrat
May 25 2021, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabri,

quick update on the legato, moving my way back to 110bpm orig tempo with the slightly different hand position.
working on this a bit almost every day, not there yet but fells more conformable

what do you think?

cheers,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2021, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
May 28 2021, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks,

good suggestion to isolate the changes that way, i'll work on that.

side questions was looking at you last lick of the "Mellow ballad" lesson (which is really nice bytheway)

that Pentatonic run in the end, what technique are you using there? You pick the string only once and do a hammer on? or alternate picking? looking at the video seems a legato/hammer on, but not sure.

I was thinking of practicing that for speed as an exercise.

cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2021, 07:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ May 28 2021, 12:45 PM) *
side questions was looking at you last lick of the "Mellow ballad" lesson (which is really nice bytheway)

that Pentatonic run in the end, what technique are you using there? You pick the string only once and do a hammer on? or alternate picking? looking at the video seems a legato/hammer on, but not sure.

I was thinking of practicing that for speed as an exercise.

cheers,

I pick the strings (always with downstroke) one and then do a hammer on.

It's a good idea to use it as an exercise!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 1 2021, 01:15 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri

quick follow up question, is it important to use downstrokes in the fast lick or is it pretty much the same if you use upstrokes (followed by hammer on, off course)?

Also had a go at the pop solo again yesterday try to get those bends right!
What do you think?

cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2021, 07:44 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 3 2021, 06:24 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri,

definitively that particular bend is a challenge (especially with the Strat !), will get there! Also thanks a few more comments re length of the notes.

i had a go at your new lick (with downstrokes actually in the end, :Plol )
So you have 3 versions the 1st is at 60% of your tempo (using guitar pro file of your lesson), the 2nd and 3rd are both at 70%.
I think to get 100% speed will take a WHILE laugh.gif , but it is a nice lick.

would you mind having a look to see if you can spot any issues?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 2 2021, 06:44 PM) *

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2021, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, I think that you should try this one slower to you polish timing. You tend to rush the hammer on while playing at these tempos. What about playing along with the guitar pro file?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 4 2021, 12:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 3 2021, 06:06 PM) *
Hi Claudio, I think that you should try this one slower to you polish timing. You tend to rush the hammer on while playing at these tempos. What about playing along with the guitar pro file?

thanks,

I can see the rushing hammer on, now.

went down to 50% speed, i think better now

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2021, 06:28 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 7 2021, 08:34 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri,

working on this lick, going a bit better at lower speed now i'll post some updates soon (away this week, so practicing but can't record)

I recorded play lick in between chords the other day, still not perfect but I think a bit better timing wise.

listening to it, I think I made a few mistakes, but here you have it

cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2021, 07:08 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 18 2021, 03:53 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri,

worked on PLBchords a bit more, will show some progress there as well, I think it is helping my timing this lesson for sure.

I was away last week, so could not really record but managed to practice a few things (took one guitar one me!)

I did a new attempt on the popsolo with the Ibby this time

The is a little string noise in this take unfort, but was curious to think what you think of that? Especially on the bending and the last lick?

thanks,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2021, 06:34 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 19 2021, 08:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 19 2021, 05:34 PM) *

Thanks Gabri,

I’ll try the muting with the first finger. I had a go with it but was not quite getting there maybe I need to isolate that and force to play the bend that way.

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 20 2021, 12:37 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabri, my 1st attempt to use the fist finger to mute the bend on the high string,

kind of working, still a bit of noise, I notice that I cannot quite put the finger as much up as you do.

thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2021, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Yes! Good job! This is getting better. Please continue practicing until you get familiar and avoid that open muted string noise.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 29 2021, 10:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

hope all is good. Been practicing bending/muting with fist finger in the pop solo, finally getting used to it. Also continue to practice the legato (making the changes smoother) and the Play licks Between chords, all is improving and will try to show you some video over the next few days.

Was thinking of learning new lesson and came across the https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Eric-Gales-Blues-Licks/

i quite like it and it is quite a nice collections of licks/techniques to learn (+ full of bends which I need to practice)

what do you think?
thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2021, 02:05 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 29 2021, 08:30 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri, this is great !

I know is a tricky one, but sound great!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:16 PM