Windows Installer Problem
Darknodar123
Nov 21 2009, 11:36 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys Im experience this Problem <not enough storage is available to process this command>

while trying to install this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Do you maybe know why that happens?

EDIT:Dont know if it may have to do something with it but I have Vista

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darknodar123: Nov 21 2009, 11:43 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 21 2009, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Sounds like you ran out of Hdisk space, did you check that already?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Nov 21 2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah first think I did was that.

I found this but I have no clue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/

Something with regedit I think

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2009, 08:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I ran into that, also on Vista, when I tried to install SQL server on my work-laptop. I think I got past that problem just by rebooting.

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Nov 21 2009, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 21 2009, 09:16 PM) *
I ran into that, also on Vista, when I tried to install SQL server on my work-laptop. I think I got past that problem just by rebooting.

Yeah there are many things you cant install without it sad.gif

But mine isnt fixed just by rebooting.Maybe drivers have gone haywire.Should I take the pc for format?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2009, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Nov 21 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Yeah there are many things you cant install without it sad.gif

But mine isnt fixed just by rebooting.Maybe drivers have gone haywire.Should I take the pc for format?

Thouhg I got passed the Windows installer I ran into other problems while installing SQL server, it stopped saying I had aprevious version on Visual studio installed and should upgrade to SP1. When I try upgrading Visual studio it stops on an unknown error.
Catch 22.

Hm.. maybe windows installer never got updated after all? I'll check that. I'm sending my laptop to the office for a complete reinstall... the windows installer is the last straw.

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Nov 21 2009, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 21 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Thouhg I got passed the Windows installer I ran into other problems while installing SQL server, it stopped saying I had aprevious version on Visual studio installed and should upgrade to SP1. When I try upgrading Visual studio it stops on an unknown error.
Catch 22.

Hm.. maybe windows installer never got updated after all? I'll check that. I'm sending my laptop to the office for a complete reinstall... the windows installer is the last straw.

Youre sending it because of this topic? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2009, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Nov 21 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Youre sending it because of this topic? biggrin.gif

No, I was trying to install SQL server last week. It's planned to be reinstalled already biggrin.gif
I was just thinking if it's because the Windows installer, that I too got a message about, never was installed properly.

How do I check the version of Windows installer?

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Nov 21 2009, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 21 2009, 09:52 PM) *
No, I was trying to install SQL server last week. It's planned to be reinstalled already biggrin.gif
I was just thinking if it's because the Windows installer, that I too got a message about, never was installed properly.

How do I check the version of Windows installer?

Well I have Vista Home Basic and thats what I do

1.Start
2.Run
3.And there put msiexec

At least that what I do smile.gif

Also did you get the same message like me?That you dont have enough storage?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 22 2009, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Nov 21 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Well I have Vista Home Basic and thats what I do

1.Start
2.Run
3.And there put msiexec

At least that what I do smile.gif

Also did you get the same message like me?That you dont have enough storage?

Thanks!
Says it's 4.5
now I'm confused, I though it was trying to install 3.5 ?

Yes, I got that exact same message. I recall it very well since I knew I had disk space but had to check to make sure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:55 PM