> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Annihilator Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Peter VP
Feb 27 2016, 05:36 PM
Experienced Tone Master
Original lesson: Annihilator Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Hi Guys, Here's my take of this amazing lesson. I played two tracks and panned them left and right for extra heavyness. Thanks Gabriel for the lesson!! Cheers Peter

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 28 2016, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Peter this sounds really good. Panning two guitar L & R is always a good technique for added heaviness and you match up the rhythm very well.

I notice your alternate picking on the low E seems quite awkward, like your pick is scraping the string rather than picking through it. It could be my imagination, though, but tonally it seems to be lacking compared to the rest of the take.

Timing is generally good but a few places it was slightly ahead of the beat but nothing too major.

A strong take - well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 2 2016, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Peter - your takes are always a pleasure to listen and most of them do not leave any serious things to complain. I was trying to spot picking issue pointed by Ben but I'm afraid I was not able to. Maybe it's a kind of ilussion or something but it's always worth checking the observation smile.gif

Recording doubled rhythm guitar is not only a great mix improvement but also a great precision veryfication tool. Basic idea of doubled guitars is to add a space and fuller harmonics content to sort of...compensate the lack of power in single guitar track record, compared to the real power of live amplifier. No the purpose is to play so well, that to listener have a feeling he is listening to single guitar track. Every point where L and R channels differ, are a details that need a fix. Recording double guitar you can spot those by yourself smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2016, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Congrats on this good sounding video! I like your tone and how powerful it sounds with the double guitar track. Your playing is good on most of the take but there is a section between 00:50 and 1:05 that needs special attention and work. This part requires alternate picking with palm muting and for any reason this parts isn't sounding tight and clear, there are some weird noises and the timing is not precise as it's requires.

I recommend you to isolate those two riffs and work on them over metronome to be sure that you are playing everything clear and at tempo. When recording two guitars the issue becomes even more notorious.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 8 2016, 12:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:18 PM