Boris- Boris At Last-feedbacker
VinceG
Oct 13 2007, 07:19 AM
GMC:er

Band: Boris
Album: Boris At Last- Feedbacker
Genre: Drone
Origin: Japan

Review: At first glance to the world of Drone, bands like Boris, Sunn O))), and Earth are the top names for the genre. Drone is a minimalist kind of music revolving around atmosphere more than the actual music itself. Usually, the use of feedback and very slow riffs can be heard in such a genre.

Feedbacker is a Drone Epic masterpiece. The songs are divided into 5 peices but it is meant to be listened as a one track album. Boris' use of melnacholy atmosphere is very artistic. The way the strings resonate and break is masterfully done. And the use of feedback that could last forever really drags you into the music. Watas solos have a psychadelic feel to them. The drums are very subtle, just enough to keep a beat. And the bass use of is similar to guitar, the use of chords and feedback is used. The lyrics are in Japanese though but it doesnt stop me from enjoying them.

All in all, Boris is a dream like band who doesnt put a lot of emphasis on speed or accuracy. Its an enjoyable album if you could get pass on how slow this album is. Its just a very beautiful music.

I give it a 10 out of 10. If you want some different music then Boris might be the band for you.

This is a live version of the album. http://youtube.com/watch?v=siwV1pFgIKs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Oct 13 2007, 07:22 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Oct 13 2007, 07:37 PM
I definetly need to check this album out, the only Boris-album I have is Pink and I love that, and I like the live version of the song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 14 2007, 01:33 AM
I should get Pink. Is it an album similar to Heavy Rocks? Like it has slow doom/drone songs and sludge to the other or what?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Oct 14 2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't heard heavy rocks, but something like that, yeah, it's not as "dronish" as this record judging from the youtube video, so I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:25 PM