Song Update, metal monkey :P
enlo22
Oct 31 2014, 06:16 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
So finally the video/song is complete! I uploaded a preview of it before so here's the final product. My friend filmed it and we decided to add a death metal monkey to make it a bit more entertaining and sometimes it's good not to take yourself too seriously tongue.gif thanks for the feedback on the preview one, hopefully you guys enjoy the final one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfsClyYAgQ

thanks for looking and keep on rocking you guys

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 31 2014, 08:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
The song it's awesome!!! I like the final result very much. The playing, the tones used, mixing, everything sound great. You have two things in this song that I really liked very much: the part that start at 2:44 and that clean tone that you used around 1:12 and 4:58 (it's so beautiful) smile.gif

BTW the monkey with the bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand was very funny biggrin.gif I wonder who drank all the whiskey? ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2014, 02:06 PM
Instructor
Great mixing, playing and the video as well, Marco! You did a great job here and I will share this one on my Facebook wall - people need to know about your work smile.gif

It's a bit too extreme for my taste, but as I told Weepee, if something is done right, you must appreciate the professionalism and hard work, regardless of the style! You've come a long way mate and it ALL payed off!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 31 2014, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Excellent job overall!
Your editing skills are very creative. Awesome playing, composing, and everything overall. I need to take some lessons from you.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Amir Razmara
Oct 31 2014, 06:01 PM
GMC:er
Here is some constructive criticism for your work.

I think your video could use multiple scenes. The song is more than 5 minutes long and it keeps going back and forth between your playing scene and the death metal monkey....you know what I mean? you have to give the viewer some variations and different things to look at or as they say give them something to chew on smile.gif otherwise the video with it's limited focus can take away from the song which I think sounds really cool and it has interesting parts which can lead to presenting a great video.

To give you an example I remembered the morbid angel song god of emptiness which is a little over 4 minutes long. It does focus on the player a lot but it provides variations with different scenes. I hope I am giving you some good feedback for your project.

Another thing I like to point out is you may want to come across as a guitar performer in front of an audience, in this case the video viewer,
unfortunately most guitar instruction videos, the ones on this site included, show a guitarist playing their instrument while sitting in a chair and if you watch these for long time your gonna think that's how a performance is done but far from that when it is time to perform you have to put more effort in to it and use your body movement to convey the meaning of your song. BTW you have Great looking hair smile.gif In your next video you should send them flying in the air smile.gif

This post has been edited by Amir Razmara: Oct 31 2014, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2014, 03:28 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! Great to see this one completed! I find very inspiring to be able to see the whole process of how this one has been created. The final result is very competitive and professional. I remember that drums were the weakest part on previous versions but on this one I think that you could get a reasonable improvement that makes me enjoy the song without thinking on "mmm drum machine...".

Congratulations on your hard work friend! Keep on making music! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
enlo22
Nov 1 2014, 06:39 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Thank you all for taking a look and giving your input smile.gif
Tomorrow I will play it live with my band, hopefully it goes well and my nerves don't kill me
Monica: I drank it tongue.gif
Cosmin: thanks for appreciating it even though it's not your taste, and also for sharing it
Sirjamsalot: the video was all done by my friend tongue.gif i have no skills for video/editing at all! sorry
Amir: Thanks for the input, it was shot in one day, but next time we're planning on making it better with more time to prepare. Cool MA video, i love that band except David Vincent was mean in person lol i'm using mean cause i have to be nice lol
Gabe: thanks for looking, and the drums are getting there, my weakness i think is the snare lol but i'll get there eventually! i got a different snare on superior drummer, my computer crashed :/

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Oct 31 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Excellent job overall!
Your editing skills are very creative. Awesome playing, composing, and everything overall. I need to take some lessons from you.

feel free to ask me anything man, as for video stuff I'm horrible at it haha, music stuff i'm ok. If i can help let me know! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by enlo22: Nov 1 2014, 06:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2014, 07:27 PM
Instructor
As long as it helps you and your project, I will help out smile.gif Regardless if preffer a genre or another - you delivered a pro product and it deserves the sharing and the exposure! wink.gif

Keep them coming and I will be glad to help and I think I am talking on behalf of everyone here smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:20 AM