15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
Aug 29 2009, 02:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Steve,

This is what I would like us to do with this lesson. I have been thinking ohmy.gif and want to run my ideas by you. wink.gif

First of all I want 1 upload for each video section of the lesson (I will do the same as you. You upload one and I will do the same after you). There are 5 total. This will allow us to really just focus on one small section at a time getting everything correct and also addressing any questions or problems. There is a catch though. We are going to upload are recordings with NO backing track, just a metronome click. You can practice with the backings or what ever you think works best for you but not with the upload. I'll let you pick the "CLICK" sound. laugh.gif biggrin.gif After we are done we will both upload our takes to the REC with the backing for our final grades. smile.gif Doing all this video interaction is going to be very helpful for us and there are some very cool metal/rock techniques we can learn. Since we are both on Skype now we can also have interactive Q&A sessions or just have some fun.

How does you calender look? Can you start on the lesson this weekend?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Aug 29 2009, 02:14 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 29 2009, 03:20 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I like this idea of yours Jeff.. smile.gif I think it will help others who sees this as well. As for this weekend, I may have a bit of time tomorrow, the forecast for our area is rain so the kids will have no choice but to stay inside.. ph34r.gif laugh.gif

Sunday, I have to take a little rod trip to look at a new toy I've been eying. biggrin.gif Sold the boat already and made some decent cash on it and looking at something cool... unsure.gif Not practical for my situation but I used to own a couple and want another. If I buy it, you will see some pictures Sunday night..

Stay tuned!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 29 2009, 03:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Not another dirt bike Steve huh.gif

Well if you think it is best then enjoy it. cool.gif

I can't help you with riding one of those unless you want to wreak and get hurt ph34r.gif I'm good at that laugh.gif

I understand about the kid thing. Your suppose to get a Tropical storm that comes close. It will bring rain but you should be OK wink.gif

Glad you like the lesson ideas. smile.gif Let me know when you can start.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 29 2009, 04:27 AM
Not a bike man, something that still may get me in trouble though... Heres a teaser...

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 29 2009, 04:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
AHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Mustang Cobra? 68 maybe cool.gif That would cost you a buck or 2.

Probably don't have the year right (for the car. Just dreaming) but have fun. Take a road trip up and stay with me for a few days. You and your family are always welcome, I just need a warning smile.gif It would be a good time guaranteed. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 29 2009, 02:47 PM
68, oh how I wish!!!! laugh.gif It's a bit newer than that and will be a weekend cruiser, can you say convertible.. biggrin.gif As for the invite, that would be cool man! We may just have to do that in the future. Or, maybe next summer you guys could come down to Myrtle Beach for your vacation and we could meet up there. I have the beach 2.5 hours south and the mountains about 2.5 hours north of where we live.

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 8 2009, 03:10 AM
Here you go Jeff, I told you I would post up some pic's of my weekender...Recorded a short video instead. Man, I feel like I'm 20 again when I'm in the thing. laugh.gif I noted most of the mod's on the description...

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 8 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Is this MTP for guitar or Muscle Cars?????? laugh.gif laugh.gif

If I bought that car would it fix my AP problems Skenny?????? tongue.gif tongue.gif

\m/\m/

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 8 2009, 03:48 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Sep 7 2009, 10:37 PM) *
If I bought that car would it fix my AP problems Skenny?????? tongue.gif tongue.gif

\m/\m/

laugh.gif laugh.gif No Monte, but it sure will make you forget about 'm for a while.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 8 2009, 03:52 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 8 2009, 03:48 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif No Monte, but it sure will make you forget about 'm for a while.. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 8 2009, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wooo hoooooo!!!!

That is one sweet looking ride. It sounds like a beast that need to be unleashed. Is it duel exhaust with Flow Masters or something else?

When you where sitting in it I thought you where going to tap the gas some so I could hear her talk to me sad.gif tongue.gif

Congrats again Steve! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 9 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks man, I would have hit for you but the car was still cold. As far as the exhaust, it's a custom Dynomax system. If you look close, you will see the side exit's at the back of the door.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 27 2009, 12:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Steve,

Go get the POD Farm VST FREE!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=30799&hl=

Regards to you and your family smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 2 2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the link Jeff, I think I got it in time yesterday. smile.gif Been quite busy lately as you can imagine. wife is getting huge and swears she can't do much.. laugh.gif we know how that goes. wink.gif I hope to get back on some sort of schedule with my playing soon. Right now, it's random, grab my guitar and practice when I can! smile.gif

Hope all is well with you and yours! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 2 2009, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Things are going great Steve! Thanks for checking in and I'm glad you got the VST in time.

Keep the wife and family happy man. wink.gif Do what you can when you have time and ask me anything. I'm always lurking (is this how you spell that laugh.gif ) around the forums or something here at GMC. ph34r.gif

Regards

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 17 2009, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So Steve, what are we working on? Did you quite playing? sad.gif

Hope you quiting the Cig's is going alright. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 17 2009, 12:35 AM
No man, not at all. It's just that my practice time has been so sporadic lately that I have not committed myself to any one area or lesson. Although I have been wanting to try THIS lesson of Trond's. The dynamics, harmonics and melody are awesome imo! This may be it..

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 17 2009, 01:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
If that is what you want to work on and you can commit to it then I'm behind you all the way. smile.gif

What do you feel you are going to learn from this lesson?
What are you wanting to improve with your playing with this?

I'm just trying to get a feel for where you're at with all of this and what your current goals are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 17 2009, 01:25 AM
Well, I think it would help me focus a bit more on dynamics and phrase development. And, I just think it's a cool lesson! cool.gif

What do you think about the tone of this patch here..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=18323

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 17 2009, 01:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 16 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Well, I think it would help me focus a bit more on dynamics and phrase development. And, I just think it's a cool lesson! cool.gif

What do you think about the tone of this patch here..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=18323

OK, dynamics and phrase development it is then. smile.gif That track sound familiar, Davids collab right rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

As far as the tone it's pretty good. It sounds to thin for me and sits in the background some. I think you and I have some differences here and that's health and good. For me I would like maybe a touch more on the mid's around 750hz, little less bass (dump it around 80hz) and set your EQ to dump the highs around maybe 9.3hrz. See what you think. It is different depending on the modeling amp, cab, mic, etc... not to mention your guitar and pickups.

Sounds like a plan man. When can you upload a take? I am fine with just doing 1 or 2 videos of the lesson at a time per upload. Then we can piece it all together and work on problem parts.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 17 2009, 01:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:22 AM