What's Your Favorite Interesting Solo?
Spock
Jun 21 2013, 11:27 PM
GMC:er
I know there are probably too many to name. But for me, I have always said one of my very favorite solos was one of the easiest ever written...

Don't Leave Me Now, by Pink Floyd. Soooooooo much feeling in these few notes.

Hereyago (except he screws it up by overplaying). I like the simplicity of the album version better.

Skip ahead to 3:00

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 21 2013, 11:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 21 2013, 11:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
i always loved the solo from Time, also by pink floyd. smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 21 2013, 10:27 PM) *
I know there are probably too many to name. But for me, I have always said one of my very favorite solos was one of the easiest ever written...

Don't Leave Me Now, by Pink Floyd. Soooooooo much feeling in these few notes.

Hereyago (except he screws it up by overplaying). I like the simplicity of the album version better.

Skip ahead to 3:00

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 23 2013, 12:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Two of my favourite interesting solos would be - Shine on you crazy diamond', the whole 9 minutes-ish at the start before the vocals come in are brilliant. The stuff DG plays and the stuff he doesnt play is just genius.

second would be alex lifesons guitar on La villa Stragiato. He plays some amazingly interesting parts on that track. Its probably my favourite Rush song. I wish I could play it!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 23 2013, 12:47 PM
GMC:er
One of the best solos - Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

2nd one Andy La rocque - Welcome Home

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:06 AM