2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Metallica, Never really listened much to them...
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 12:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 11 2009, 12:32 AM) *
One of the first songs I learned for guitar was Nothing Else Matters, so Metallica rulez biggrin.gif

It must be quite depressing for the artist, that his song will be herd milions of times, played by any loser with six string, just hitting E G B E B G E G B E B G.... and he will suck even at this, completely ruininng this song

I have that kind of "guitarist" friend and even tho, I dont like metallica (I apprecate their role in the metals evolution tho) and even more the persons themselves ("We dont need a listener, who doesnt pay") I still feel sorry for 'tallica for this is embarrasment of legendary song.

Just to be on safe side, this was in no way attack on ivan;) More of a bitter memory on our school trip :-!

I also remember, that when I was in UK, one guitar shop had a few rules for trying out the instruments and the last of them was:

NO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Guess what I was playing when I noticed that sign.. I almost wet myself from laughter biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 13 2009, 12:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
No Stairway?? Denied.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 02:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Slight offtopic tongue.gif

QUOTE (Artemus @ May 13 2009, 01:33 PM) *
No Stairway?? Denied.

Well I guess, that after working for 5 years in guitar store, hearing that song played in a VERY BAD WAY every single day can be depressing the heck out of you, so they do this in the sake of mental sanity of the shop assistants:D

Btw. since you are from Manchester, stay away from Bradfords guitar shop near the city center:D

Not only there is that stupid rule with Stairway, but you are also forbidden to play with pick (I did..), to take the guitar yourself, without asking the shop assistant fist (I did), to mess with guitars tuning (Drop D rulezz) and neither play the guitar standing, if it had no straplocks (none of guitars had it and there was no chair biggrin.gif)

No wonder that guy sticked the paper on wall right before me, when I was playing there biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 13 2009, 02:20 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 13 2009, 02:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Not heard of Bradfords. I usually go to Johnny Roadhouse anyhow

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 03:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 13 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Not heard of Bradfords. I usually go to Johnny Roadhouse anyhow

I ment Bradfords as in the town of Bradford - Its kidna close to Manchester init? biggrin.gif but nvm:)

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 13 2009, 03:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
May 13 2009, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
my favorite album is the black album. Songs like enter sandman, sad but true, unforgiven and nothing else matters are epic smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 13 2009, 03:53 PM
Learning Tone Guru
By the way, why everyone hates the St. Anger? I found it pretty good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mba64
May 13 2009, 04:15 PM
I remember the first time I heard Metallica it was on a party and a guy who was a techno type guy who was saying that he would like to play a tape for us and was thinking no techno here please the tape he put on was Metal up your ass a.k.a Kill em all, I was blown away,The best album thu IMO is Master op Puppets

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 13 2009, 04:42 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 13 2009, 10:53 AM) *
By the way, why everyone hates the St. Anger? I found it pretty good smile.gif

Because it was a horrible attempt to jump on the Nu metal bandwagon several years too late. Wrost album EVER.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:05 PM