6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
The Guitar Gym
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2015, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! We had 10 days with this routine. How does it feel? How was the experience? Do you think that you need a new one?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 24 2015, 06:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab, we have already burnt our guitars, but please, give us the rest biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I practise every day the exercises, and it makes a lot of fun. Greatest Problem at the moment, to stay in the rhythm... rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 25 2015, 05:50 AM
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Sep 24 2015, 05:15 PM) *
I practise every day the exercises, and it makes a lot of fun. Greatest Problem at the moment, to stay in the rhythm... rolleyes.gif

what I mean with "stay in the rhythm" is, when I repeat the same exercise 10 times ongoing, after the 4th or 5th repeat I come out of the beat....

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 25 2015, 08:16 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 24 2015, 03:00 PM) *
Hey guys! We had 10 days with this routine. How does it feel? How was the experience? Do you think that you need a new one?

Yeah!! We want more drills! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Sep 25 2015, 04:50 AM) *
what I mean with "stay in the rhythm" is, when I repeat the same exercise 10 times ongoing, after the 4th or 5th repeat I come out of the beat....

Hey Chris! I think I know what you mean - I had exactly the same problem. The first thing I tried was slowing down the Metronome (I strongly recommend playing the excercises to a Metronome instead a backing-track or drum-loop) but it was even harder to stay in time. So I increased the bpm and played one note each click (quarter notes or eights notes). The important thing here is the note length/duration for each played note must be equal! Then I slowly increased the bpm by 2 or 5 beats until I feel confident playing at 120bpm. Then I put the Metronome to 60bpm and played 8th/16th and then I was able to stay in rhythm. Hope that makes sense and may help smile.gif

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 25 2015, 09:48 AM
Hi mad, that makes absolutely sense! smile.gif

So far I've only practised to a drum-loop in different bpms (sounds better than this click - click - click - click.... blink.gif )...

But from now on I use a real metronom..... smile.gif

Thx Chris

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2015, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I'll prepare new stuff! smile.gif

About your timing issue Chris, Mad is right, you have to slow down and work at a more comfortable tempo. Try it and you'll see how you can keep timing for more time. Then, you can slowly increase tempo every day to reach a faster practice without errors.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 25 2015, 07:57 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Gabriel !

This stuff is very useful. I make the routine everyday and I feel the muscles that becomes hot. Then, when I play something else, I feel more relaxed. Of course, I don't play very fast but even at slow tempo that's useful ! Thank you ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2015, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daeron @ Sep 25 2015, 03:57 PM) *
Hello Gabriel !

This stuff is very useful. I make the routine everyday and I feel the muscles that becomes hot. Then, when I play something else, I feel more relaxed. Of course, I don't play very fast but even at slow tempo that's useful ! Thank you ! smile.gif

Hi Daeron! Great to read this! Keep on working on this routine. I'll share a new one on Monday/Tuesday, but you can get back to this one from time to time. The first two exercises are my favorites left hand exercises ever. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2015, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Routine II

Hello guys! This is the second routine for this program. We will divide the training in 3 x 10 minutes blocks covering different techniques.
As I said in the first post, the idea of this program is to train diary your muscles so I'll will be sharing repetitive exercises that are easy to memorize so you won't have to think one what you are playing.

The first block is based on two simple legato exercises that should be played as a loop. The second block covers alternate picking, with two new variations connected to the previous routine. The third block combines tapping and legato and it was borrowed from Ben Higgins lesson based on Greg Howe Style. Link HERE.

Please practice with metronome and take note of the bpm that you reach.

Block 1: Legato (10 minutes)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Block 2: Alternate Picking (10 minutes)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Block 3: Combined techniques (10 minutes)

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 29 2015, 02:44 PM
Hi Gab, thx for these very useful new exercises!

I've updated the docu for the guitar gym... here is the new file....

I've got two "problems" with the exercises:

Block 1 - exercise 1:
each time when I tap on the 8th fret on the b-string, that sounds not really good. Should I mute the b-string behind the 8th fret and how should I do this? It is a fundamental problem when I tap on an "empty" string.

Block 3 - exercise 2:
It would be very helpful for me in the combined techniques, when you mark (show) the picking directions (up- and downstrokes) as in block 3 of routine 1.

Thx Chris

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2015, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, thanks for the new table! smile.gif

About tapping on a new string, the previous note must be muted with the same finger than is tapping used a a barre. At the same time, the first finger which is pressing on the first string should also mute the second string while it's pressing the first one. This can be tricky at first so you have to practice really slowly to make your fingers get used to this movements and positions. Please let me know if it's clear.

Now regarding the combined techniques exercises, there is no use of pick. Please check the slow videos of this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Greg-Howe-Tapping/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 29 2015, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure if its clear for me blink.gif rolleyes.gif

is it possible that you make a Little Video of that? smile.gif

That would be a great help for me.... smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 29 2015, 01:50 PM) *
About tapping on a new string, the previous note must be muted with the same finger than is tapping used a a barre. At the same time, the first finger which is pressing on the first string should also mute the second string while it's pressing the first one. This can be tricky at first so you have to practice really slowly to make your fingers get used to this movements and positions. Please let me know if it's clear.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Greg-Howe-Tapping/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2015, 05:29 PM
Instructor
Ok! A video is coming. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slickster
Sep 30 2015, 03:34 PM
GMC:er
The second one im not to sure of. Need to learn how to read legato

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 29 2015, 04:29 PM) *
Ok! A video is coming. wink.gif

Can you please send me a link to the video. Thx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2015, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slickster @ Sep 30 2015, 11:34 AM) *
The second one im not to sure of. Need to learn how to read legato

Can you please send me a link to the video. Thx

I'm uploading the video right now...

also this lesson will help with legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2015, 04:32 PM
Instructor
the video!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 30 2015, 05:31 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you for the video about muting.

I don't understand how to play the second exercise of the block 1, sorry ! smile.gif

I explain how I understand it :
- upstroke on 5 of the e string
- then hammer-on on 8 of the B string
- legato from 8 to 6 to 5
- then downstroke on 7 of G string
- upstroke on 5 of B string
- legato to 6 then 8
- upstroke on 5 og the e string

What I don't understand is :
- why we start with an upstroke ?
- how you play the hammer-on on 8 of the e string after the upstroke ?

Thank you !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2015, 06:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron,

Remember that the picking additions are just suggestions. There is no an only way to play this kind of licks. When I've first this lick, I copied Paul Gilbert picking choice that was like this:

Attached Image

The version provided comes from this one, but plays the 8 note in the second string with a tap instead of picking it. There is no neccesity to play it with a tap if you don't feel comfortable with it. How to play that note on 8th fret without picking? Exactly the same than exercise 1, as explained in the video.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Sep 30 2015, 07:18 PM
Wow Gab.... Super!! Many Thx... Exactly that was my Problem.... Very good Video... These 2 minutes Video are much more helpful than 10 guitar lessons anywhere.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 30 2015, 07:39 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Ok, I understand much more ! Thank you !
So, you advice that we practise with a little distorsion, isn't it ? I can't make the string make a sound with just tapping with my clean sound. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:45 PM