2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Maharzan's August Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2010, 10:25 AM
Instructor
If you happen to have a problem on the 2nd guitar as well I really recommend taking it to guitar technician to sort it all out.
I never really do those guitar things on my own. I want to change strings, clean them, wipe the guitar and keep it clean but when it comes to intonation or bigger problems I always take it to technician. I strongly recommend you do it. In Boston it costs 50+$ to take guitar in the shop (like Daddy's Junky Music or Guitar Center) and to have strings change, action adjusted and all the smaller things including intonation... I would assume the same price is around place you are at smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 23 2010, 01:13 AM
Instructor
Hey Chandra just wondering about remaining assignments? Will you be able to complete them by 30th of August?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 05:51 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Pedja,

I have been quite busy lately, unexpectedly getting too much work .. I will try them tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I seem to have passed the REC tho..

Anyway, if not, I will just call it one good MTP session. smile.gif

Thanks for everything Pedja. smile.gif

Chandra

This post has been edited by maharzan: Aug 27 2010, 05:52 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Hey Chandra,

Thanks for this post. I have been busy and sick for last 4 days so I didn't check GMC much. I saw how they passed you on REC smile.gif As I said, you played right things but intonation/tuning is big issue in my opinion. I would pass you as well but not with 9, 10 but rather with 8 because of tuning smile.gif

How are you doing with other assignments? We got only couple days left, I hope that you can complete them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 02:12 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh.. hope you are well now. I will try something tomorrow. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Yeah thanks Chandra, I feel very good today, back to working strong smile.gif
Look forward to recordings tomorrow man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 03:14 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I just recorded one.. Arrg.. I realy don't have the brain to grasp double timing immediately.. It just doesn't come. Probably I will take special lesson from you doing double time. I need to learn phrasing and memorize all of them. Can you teach me? smile.gif I will try one again and post.

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Aug 27 2010, 04:14 PM) *
I just recorded one.. Arrg.. I realy don't have the brain to grasp double timing immediately.. It just doesn't come. Probably I will take special lesson from you doing double time. I need to learn phrasing and memorize all of them. Can you teach me? smile.gif I will try one again and post.

Thanks.

Hey Chandra, post that double time recording would like to hear what you don't like so much about it. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 04:31 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Pedja,

This is kind of rush but I wish I could do better.. This is a 3-4 take record and is totally random. I will need your help moving the brain stuff into the hand. smile.gif

Hope they are okay.

Thanks,
Chandra

Attached File(s)
Attached File  doublfeel.mp3 ( 1.56MB ) Number of downloads: 153

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 27 2010, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Chandra,

1st thing is this regular time not double time. Tempo is quarter notes and you are playing eight notes mostly some halfs quarters and in some parts 8th note triplets. If you did solo with 16th notes and/or 8th note triplets that would sound like double time.
I suggest slowing down backing and then try to do those rhythms, it will sound much better then it does now.
Yes I am aware, its not perfect melody choice and rhythm but its a start wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 04:45 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I just can't upload another one... sad.gif

Oh yea.. Thats what I was wondering as well.. Double time in that backing will be super fast then.. smile.gif I will try lowering the tempo and see.. I will fail definitely. I don't think this is a good approach since I really don't know / have any phrasing work / combination.. I just know up down scale and a bit of 123, 234.345 stuff.. Shouldnt' I know this before trying to improvise? otherwise it really sounds boring as I do now. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 28 2010, 06:54 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay Pedja.. dropped really down to 60bpm and tried...

Edit: forgot to mention, I changed the backing, used another beat and trying to play over just G chord.

This post has been edited by maharzan: Aug 28 2010, 09:49 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  doublefeels.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 153

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2010, 09:35 AM
Instructor
Chandra my friend,

Thank you for completing all the work and for working hard for past 3 months. I really hope you improved a lot from chord lessons and that those improvising assignments came in handy for you.
Best of luck in future and keep in touch,

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 AM