2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Collaboration
Jim S.
Sep 2 2013, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys I'm looking to work with another guitarist writing original harmonies and leads together. I am into all types of music and open to any suggestions. Ideally it would be nice to work on the music together as we write and then record it and make a cool video.

Outside of this site I have a really good bassist available but missing a drummer. I really want to find cool people that mesh well together that have the capability to record their instrument decently.

I have most of my instrumental music on reverbnation but most is pretty old but would give an idea of what style I play. http://www.reverbnation.com/jimseekford/songs

Hope to meet some cool people, let me know. Thanks JImmy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2013, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This sounds really good! I hope that you find the right guys here and then share with us the process of creating the songs. All the best with this. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 2 2013, 07:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel! I hope so too. I've been searching for a long time for people to write with online but so far no luck.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2013, 08:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Sep 2 2013, 03:21 PM) *
Thanks Gabriel! I hope so too. I've been searching for a long time for people to write with online but so far no luck.

We are used to record collaborations here monthly so there are many guitarists well trained here.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 2 2013, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is too awesome. Love your instrumentals! The song Run is so wicked good.

Too bad I suck so much at guitar.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 2 2013, 10:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (korblitz @ Sep 2 2013, 04:45 PM) *
This is too awesome. Love your instrumentals! The song Run is so wicked good.

Too bad I suck so much at guitar.

Hey thanks man! The Run is a collaboration I did with a Martina Venkova on Piano. She is a beast. I appreciate the feedback, thank you.

This is a great site Ill bet your not as bad as you think.

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 2 2013, 10:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Love the intro to Fireplace Song.

Arpeggio Smeggios is so freaking awesome....Any thought on how you created such an awesome song?

Dr.2/4 is so awesome...

Dude, I'm downloading all this songs! You are freaking awesome.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 2 2013, 11:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you for the kind words!

QUOTE (korblitz @ Sep 2 2013, 05:15 PM) *
Love the intro to Fireplace Song.

Arpeggio Smeggios is so freaking awesome....Any thought on how you created such an awesome song?

Dr.2/4 is so awesome...

Dude, I'm downloading all this songs! You are freaking awesome.

Well honestly I dont feel the same, there are some really talented guitarists and musicians out there and I dont compare. However everyone of my songs came from a seed that I was working on. For instance, Dr. 2/4 I was working on playing lead and tapping my foot on beat 2 and 4. I made a simple chord progression and tried to lay lines over the chord I was soloing and emphasizing beats 2.

The Fireplace song I was working on playing notes with my picking hand. Sort of extending a line where my left hand couldnt.

Basically I would practice small bits of technique and make a song about what I was practicing.

It is very nice the things you say, thank you.

This post has been edited by Jim Seekford: Sep 2 2013, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, congrats for the tunes!! As I told you, you are very talented! smile.gif I think that the best way to start is to invite GMCers to participate with their solos on one of your tracks - you will be able to discover two things:

- people who like your music
- people who resonate with it at such an extent, that they are inspired to play nice things and contribute to its development

I think these two traits are important to have for anyone who you might want to play with - over the internet that is. Are you thinking of finding someone who is closer to where you live, or are you willing to collaborate with people over the internet?

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Sep 3 2013, 10:23 AM
GMC:er
When and where do we start smile.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 3 2013, 11:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
I really dig this style. Very melodic and expressive runs in your track 'Run' (no pun intended wink.gif ) Getting people to solo over it would be a good idea. If so, I'm in! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 3 2013, 12:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2013, 04:38 AM) *
Hey mate, congrats for the tunes!! As I told you, you are very talented! smile.gif I think that the best way to start is to invite GMCers to participate with their solos on one of your tracks - you will be able to discover two things:

- people who like your music
- people who resonate with it at such an extent, that they are inspired to play nice things and contribute to its development

I think these two traits are important to have for anyone who you might want to play with - over the internet that is. Are you thinking of finding someone who is closer to where you live, or are you willing to collaborate with people over the internet?

Thanks Cosmin, I see what you mean. I am looking to work over the internet and connect with people that we could possibly challenge each other and have fun making music.

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Sep 3 2013, 05:23 AM) *
When and where do we start smile.gif

Patrik thanks! Well I guess now is a good place as any.

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 3 2013, 06:20 AM) *
I really dig this style. Very melodic and expressive runs in your track 'Run' (no pun intended wink.gif ) Getting people to solo over it would be a good idea. If so, I'm in! biggrin.gif

Thank You Taka!

Ok so here's my idea, Id like to start with a seed and have others build off of it. Once the final copy is finished with all the parts set then we record the video. So basically I need a list of people's strengths and then get writing!

So here is the Seed https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoy828zqseveo3a/B...0Orange%202.mp3 Any takers?

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Sep 3 2013, 12:17 PM
Right, tell me a bit about the process you use to create songs. (PM me if you like).
I tend to start with a tempo and a beat using a loop from something like EZDrummer and just start adding stuff to it. If you have anything prerecorded that you're working on send it through. What daw do you use?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 3 2013, 01:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Patrik usually ill start with a rhythm such as the one above that says Seed. Link was in last post. I'm at work and can't tell exact specifics but I do believe its set at 130bpm. There is a guitar rhythm acoustic then into a bass line off it. So the tune above will need more rhythm sections and melody and bass/drums. I have Logic Pro and ez drummer with a few kits however its not my strong suit. Much rather have a real drummer but I or someone could program something.

I usually just build section to section. What's your thoughts? How do you record/ write?

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Sep 3 2013, 01:57 PM
Hmm i do need to upgrade from garage band to logic, I get an idea (riff) and work with it, check my key possibilities get some beats to it and go from there, I do have a young drummer who live up the road with a kit set up in his studio that I might be able to ask a favour of if you want to use some live drums, maybe I send you a riff (or vice versa) in garage band format and simply say "add to it" and see where it takes us? Do you play and record your own bass?

I like the sound of seeds, something using hungarian or harmonic B minor should work with that.

on a nylon string for a nice jazzy tone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 3 2013, 03:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah I'd say play with it and see what you come up with, a melody over the intro would be cool. Maybe we could harmonize the part? I have a bass player that is interested.im thinking the second part needs some electric contrast.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 5 2013, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.dropbox.com/s/il2tczdl8aegmrh/B...02%3A15%20N.mp3

Ok guys so here is an updated track that I would like to hear some of your guitars on. What do you guys think?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 08:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Sep 4 2013, 11:16 PM) *
https://www.dropbox.com/s/il2tczdl8aegmrh/B...02%3A15%20N.mp3

Ok guys so here is an updated track that I would like to hear some of your guitars on. What do you guys think?

Nice chord progression mate - it has something jazzy and pop in the same time tongue.gif I think that things would be even more inspiring with a drum track and some bass as well!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 5 2013, 01:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2013, 03:18 AM) *
Nice chord progression mate - it has something jazzy and pop in the same time tongue.gif I think that things would be even more inspiring with a drum track and some bass as well!

Thanks Cosmin, I know I really need to practice up on my drum programming skillzzz.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2013, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Sep 5 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin, I know I really need to practice up on my drum programming skillzzz.

Mornin' Jimmy - tell me, man, what sort of software are you using to write virtual instruments such as drums and bass?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:20 AM