Tc Nova System
sted
Jul 19 2009, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys!

Ive been eyeballing this thing for a while now, ive read all the reviews etc and think it might offer a nice simple solution to getting some high quality effects without amp modelling in a tough go anywhere floor box.
I know this is basically an uphraded G major on the floor so anyone with experience of this or the G major would be most helpful!

The think i like is that the sounds are all the proper TC sounds, not just crappy line 6 interpretations, the drive is analogue and all the other effects are top quality nova as well.

Attached Image

The only thing that puts me off is that to swap between pre-set and stompbox you have to fiddle with the sub menus, but really would that make a difference? I men if you have presets would you really need to alter them on the fly? Sounds nice but would such a feature be essential??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
JVM
Jul 19 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Roadie
I made a topic on this some while ago, I agree it is a very cool looking unit. And they can now be gotten for significantly cheaper than when I made the topic, when he price was a bit steep. I think it would really be worthwhile purchase now for someone who wants a lot of quality, easily accessible and portable effects. For me now though, I've gained more interest in a few versatile very cool stomps, mostly Electro Harmonix stuff. I feel you can cover a lot of ground with 2-3 pedals (and maybe a wah wink.gif ) and get some unique otherwise unattainable sounds in the process.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 20 2009, 04:20 PM
Instructor
It is good unit regarding effects but I'm just not 100% sure about drive,
I would use drive from somewhere else, amp or pedal. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jul 20 2009, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
I agree with Muris. Drive isn't really necessary...

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 20 2009, 07:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I guess the drive would be optional as you can use as many pedals longside this as is necessary, however having it built in is in effect having an extra drive pedal anyway, and its nova analogue so it should be pretty good. Its funny that the G system, which is this things big brother, doesnt come with a drive???

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 20 2009, 09:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sted @ Jul 20 2009, 08:09 PM) *
Yeah, I guess the drive would be optional as you can use as many pedals longside this as is necessary, however having it built in is in effect having an extra drive pedal anyway, and its nova analogue so it should be pretty good. Its funny that the G system, which is this things big brother, doesnt come with a drive???

Same thing with all previous T.C. units,
those are effects unit and drive is not an effect,
at least not THAT kind of effect.
Now they are trying to cover that as well
but imo drive on Nova cannot be as good as effects. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jul 22 2009, 01:04 PM
Instructor
If you get it I would suggest, like many others above, that just use the effects on it and get the drive from another source if you need some.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 22 2009, 01:49 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 20 2009, 03:20 PM) *
It is good unit regarding effects but I'm just not 100% sure about drive,
I would use drive from somewhere else, amp or pedal. smile.gif

A ha TC, same with Lexicon and Eventide, are better known for time delay and harmoniser type stuff. To paraphrase, 'No one ever bought an Eclipse for the distortion' wink.gif .

More seriously, TC are very good at time based stuff but if you can do check out Lexicon and Eventide as to some extent at this end of the market it's partly about usability (how you get on with the software/hardware) and partly about whether you prefer the TC type sound to Lexicon etc.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 22 2009, 02:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 22 2009, 02:49 PM) *
A ha TC, same with Lexicon and Eventide, are better known for time delay and harmoniser type stuff. To paraphrase, 'No one ever bought an Eclipse for the distortion' wink.gif .

More seriously, TC are very good at time based stuff but if you can do check out Lexicon and Eventide as to some extent at this end of the market it's partly about usability (how you get on with the software/hardware) and partly about whether you prefer the TC type sound to Lexicon etc.

Indeed, I played Lexicon MPX G2 once,
drive was just...hmm....not right. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:28 PM