2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Best War Game Around?
MickeM
Apr 26 2009, 10:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
since I'm about to order anyway I could think of a wargame, WW2 maybe, for myself.

A couple I enjoyved were Battlefield 2 - until I got stuck on a level where I have to shoot and kill the engine of a train but I just don't come even close no mater how much I try.
Call of Duty 2 was also a great one, don't remember if I had it for the 360 or the old Xbox though. Either way it was a great game.

Can someone recommend a game like these? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Apr 27 2009, 07:07 AM
GMC:er
Well, the Call of Duty franchise is certainly really popular, COD 4 and COD World at War are both for the 360. I personally don't prefer these games, I like the gameplay of Halo a lot more, but for a casual gamer, the COD series is probably the better choice.

and COD 4 might even be cheaper now World at war has been released.

but World at War is a WW2 game, whereas COD 4 is modern warfare. Gameplay is essentially the same across the two games, but the themes are a bit different obviously.

-Chris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 27 2009, 08:34 AM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Apr 27 2009, 08:07 AM) *
Well, the Call of Duty franchise is certainly really popular, COD 4 and COD World at War are both for the 360. I personally don't prefer these games, I like the gameplay of Halo a lot more, but for a casual gamer, the COD series is probably the better choice.

and COD 4 might even be cheaper now World at war has been released.

but World at War is a WW2 game, whereas COD 4 is modern warfare. Gameplay is essentially the same across the two games, but the themes are a bit different obviously.

-Chris

I'm axiously awaiting the next Halo, my favourite fps. Sci-fi and historical or future battles are the ones I enjoy the most, modern warfare aswell for that matter but sometimes these gives a bitter aftertaste.

Was browsing games this morning but it's difficult to sort since games is a subject where I'm completey lost, though I enjoy playing but don't know what's new and what's good I tend to stick to the oldies. Like Halo and C&C which I feel comfortable with since I know them from long ago.
Anyway, while browsing I found Dead Space, braindead alien punishment. biggrin.gif
Left 4 Dead also looks cool, zombie punishment.

Ouch, this is difficult - and I can't get the all unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Apr 27 2009, 08:47 AM
call of duty world at war is awesome, and I also have left 4 dead and its great.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 27 2009, 09:31 AM
Instructor
CoD rocks! But i prefer the Gears of War series actually. They are quite different from the fps style of CoD and BF series though.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 27 2009, 11:42 AM
Battlefield Heroes is coming out "real soon now". I'm in the beta test and it's very fun. I guess it will be online only.
Left 4 Dead is higly praised by some, but I found it extremly boring.
Fallout 3 was fun even though it's not in my taste.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 06:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ParalyzedHorse @ Apr 27 2009, 03:47 AM) *
call of duty world at war is awesome, and I also have left 4 dead and its great.

What do you play Left for dead on?
If 360 here's my gamertag:
davidwallimann

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 28 2009, 06:36 AM
There is a new game coming out that looks insane over the top, Stalin vs Martians:
http://www.mezmergames.com/group/stalinvsmartians

I simply have to try it biggrin.gif

/edit: I see now that t's on Steam. I just pre-ordered it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Apr 28 2009, 06:39 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 28 2009, 08:14 PM
i cant wait for the next halo either,

although its an expansion and not a game, its going to be completely different! its going to be more of a stealthy tacticle shooters, and you wont play as master cheif...but it would be cool to see halo from a different perspective...

the story and battles behind halo are epic, theyve inspired my music so much, even the music of halo is nothing short of amazing

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 29 2009, 08:10 PM
Call of Duty 4 is my pick for best War game. It's an excellent FPS, great gameplay and with high quality graphics on the PC.

Left for Dead rockz, got it too, best addictive online game, but it's not a war game?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Apr 30 2009, 08:02 AM
Does it need to be a shooter?

If not, I feel Company of Heroes is by far the best wargame.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 30 2009, 09:16 AM
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 30 2009, 09:02 AM) *
Does it need to be a shooter?

If not, I feel Company of Heroes is by far the best wargame.

Mostly shooting, less thinking. biggrin.gif
I'll check that game out aswell as the others mentioned here.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 30 2009, 10:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Call of duty 4 would be my choice!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 30 2009, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Call of duty is classic for war games !
Its very addictive - last time I played it in Boston more then a year ago (still have great memories of it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
helo92
Apr 30 2009, 11:33 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 30 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Call of duty 4 would be my choice!! smile.gif

+1

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 1 2009, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Is that on 360?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 6 2009, 02:27 PM
I'd look at Company Of Heroes. Great reviews everywhere and it is a great game. It is of a different style though to be honest.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
helo92
May 23 2009, 11:30 PM
for xbox 360 it's definetly gears of war...

both games are awesome smile.gif

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
FilipofCroatia
Jun 19 2009, 11:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
Call of duty 4 is my personal fave - the online gaming is addictive!

I thought Halo series was finished as a trilogy, ie no more after 3rd?

Must have been a marketing ploy, if peeps are saying a new one is due

Im not complaining smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rob Wilson
Jun 19 2009, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Call of Duty 4 is my favorite FPS so far! Really engaging storyline and gorgeous graphics.

--------------------
Electric Guitar: Maverick Chaos
Acoustic Guitar: A small one I bought from a guys car boot randomly for a fiver and spruced it up!
Gear: Boss GT-10, Behringer Metal Pedal, Kustom Amp

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:11 PM