Practice Hints Needed
Josch
Jul 5 2018, 09:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Darius.
Right now I am working on your lesson Simple Metal Solo
The problematic parts are part 5 and part 7 (sweeping parts). Can you recommend me some lessons that will help with these parts?

Josch

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Jul 5 2018, 10:58 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Josch and welcome to the community! It is an awesome place here in GMC! Just stay active!!! The lesson you picked is great because it combines various soloing technique and judging by the Level (Level 4), I think that you surely have some guitar skill! That being said, sweep picking is a different technique which needs its time and it would be wise to start with a lower level specific lesson to nail it! I would recommend this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...weep-Picking-2/
It is also from Darius like the lesson you are working on and I have worked on this lesson too and it helped me a lot! Let us know what you think smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 6 2018, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Josch @ Jul 5 2018, 08:21 AM) *
Hey Darius.
Right now I am working on your lesson Simple Metal Solo
The problematic parts are part 5 and part 7 (sweeping parts). Can you recommend me some lessons that will help with these parts?

Josch

Hey Josh! I can see you already got a great support by George who seems to be quite well-orientated in my lessons smile.gif

These parts may be problematic but generally everything you need is in the lesson itself. Part 5 is actually an arpeggio but not a clean sweep pattern. There's just some economy picking involed. Best thing you can do is to spend lots of time with slow videos wathing mostly the right hand (picking direction is critical). You have to work it out so well, that you will play everytime exactly the samme picking direction at particular note. Only then you will progress the speed. As long as there is any kidn of random picking assignemt you will struggle with some playing issues.

+Quote Post
Josch
Jul 19 2018, 06:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you both.
I am working on the recommended lesson and there is progress.
I will keep you updated.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 24 2018, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Great then! Alwasy good to show a video take to discus the issue smile.gif This way we make sure we speak and understand things teh same way smile.gif Good luck with your practise smile.gif

+Quote Post
Josch
Jul 25 2018, 07:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Great idea. I will do that next week.

+Quote Post
Josch
Aug 3 2018, 11:53 AM
Learning Roadie
I finally found some time to record. I just did one take:

Which part should I concentrate on?

+Quote Post
Josch
Aug 11 2018, 10:17 AM
Learning Roadie
New Take:

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2018, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Hey Josh!

Sorry for late response. I do not lead mentoring anymore because of amount of other duties but I respond here time to time so thx for your patience in advance!

There are no magical tips I can give you that will imemdiatelly help you. AS far as I see your on the good path. Both of your hands are positioned quite nice and if there appear any problems it's just because there is really much more practise needed to make this work. But...your basic mechanics are ok. timming isses are caused by you not being ready to play this yet but you do not do anythign on a bad way...it;s just the time you need, not a tip a guess. Besides the fact you still have some problems to play faster runs in time, and the fact your sweep is not a sweep motion (your pick jumps between strings), I see nothign wrong I the way you hold your pick, rest your hands or position left hand fingers. Even your two differen takes show that time and effort you brought to it, gave teh results so just keep up the work you do and thigns will finally work out smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:44 PM